How long does this series go?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How many games does this series last?

Kings sweep
22%
Kings in 5
8%
Kings in 6
16%
Kings in 7
No votes
Canucks in 7
54%

Total votes: 37

herb
CC Legend

Re: How long does this series go?

Post by herb »

Boston Canucker wrote:I hate to say it, and I hope not, but I think it ends in 4. I just don't see them solving Quick, and the Kings are brimming with confidence. The Canucks put up a pretty darn good game and lost in game 3, and I sense that will go down as their last big shot at getting back in it.

I hope I am wrong, in the very least just to avoid the sweep and get one more game in the Rog, give the fans something to cheer for.
You're probably right, BC, game 3 really was a backbreaker of a loss. The guys put together a strong game, but it wasn't enough. Kind of puts the playoffs in perspective. You need to show up every night. Every mistake is amplified. Take advantage of your opportunities, etc etc.

Either way, things will be interesting.

If we come back, great. That situation would obvisouly be incredible.

If the much more likely scenario unfolds, then it will be interesting to see what changes are made.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

The Canucks better take notes on tonights games to find out how the refs are going to call it now.

They are definately going to clamp down after all this bad publicity. Look for a long parade to the penalty box tonight.

Canucks are going to extend this series if they play the same way they have been especially with Dank back in. This is not the time to try and get retribution for the hit on Hank. I say get on Doughty and see if we can get him to blow his top.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..speaking of getting on Doughty, Lappierre needs to kick it back a notch or two.

I'm all good with his agitating guys but the shit he is getting penalties for, sticking his ass out and bumping Doughty on a line change, smacking another LA defender in the head after hitting him cleeanly, has to stop.

Stupid fukin penalties we do not need....
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:..speaking of getting on Doughty, Lappierre needs to kick it back a notch or two.

I'm all good with his agitating guys but the shit he is getting penalties for, sticking his ass out and bumping Doughty on a line change, smacking another LA defender in the head after hitting him cleeanly, has to stop.

Stupid fukin penalties we do not need....

I think they should all go to straight blades too!
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

This whole losing 3 straight to start the series is just a ploy. The players did this on purpose for 2 reasons:
  • *To add drama to what would otherwise be a dull series
    *To help out Aquaman, since he's provided them with great support
See - it all makes sense now. Canucks in 7 was the plan all along.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Cornuck wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:Personally - I think LA will take it in 4,5, or 6 but lets hope I'm wrong.

If it goes to a Game 7, I think the Canucks will win.
So you think that the series will 4,5,6 or 7 games? Bold prediction! :D
LOL.

Good point.

In my defense though, I DON'T think that LA will win in 7. :P

Ok - here is my prediction:

LA either wins in 5........or the Canucks win in 7.