Dank on a Plane to LA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Dank on a Plane to LA

Post by tantalum »

Puck wrote: He's actually quoted saying this? Yikes. It's one thing to do it, it seems another altogether to admit it to the media. If they really do target his head, the league may as well add live lions to the proceedings. Lose the series, get fed to the lions. "It's so exciting for the fans. We owe it to them to put an entertaining product out there."
I quite literally just read a post on facebook from a friend and lifelong hockey diehard who is an Oilers fan but watches hockey religiously. His post "I'm done with the NHL. I tune in to watch a hockey game but feel as if I'm watching a bunch of Romans calling for blood in the Colloseum."
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

This I found...

DOUGHTY: “I don’t think our overall game plan, as a team, changes very much. When they’re both on the ice, it’s a little different. They know where each other are all the time. They make those little five-foot passes that other players can’t make. We’ve got to be very aware of that, and not give them a lot of space to make those plays, and know where they are on the ice at all times.’’

Question: How physical will you try to be against him?

SCUDERI: “We’ll be just as physical as we are against any other player. Even though he was out with a concussion, it’s not like we’re going to let up on him. At the same time, we’re not going to be running around trying to hurt him or anything like that. We’re still going to play him hard. We need this game and we need this series, and we’re going to do everything we can to win it.’’

And here were Scuderi’s thoughts about Sedin’s possible return…

SCUDERI: “He had 35 or 40 goals. You can pretty much pencil him in for that every year. He’s an extremely productive player. The twins work extremely well with each other. They can play the puck, with space, to each other. A lot of blind passes, where they know where each other is going to be. It’s not going to change what we do, but it’s certainly something to keep an eye on.’’

...and this.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/04/17 ... ff-series/
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Puck wrote:
Fred wrote:I hear Doughty already stated they'll be going for Daniel why not the repercussions are zero
He's actually quoted saying this? Yikes. It's one thing to do it, it seems another altogether to admit it to the media. If they really do target his head, the league may as well add live lions to the proceedings. Lose the series, get fed to the lions. "It's so exciting for the fans. We owe it to them to put an entertaining product out there."
Doughty said they wouldn't go out of their way, but they also wouldn't let up on him.

If you are healthy enough to go, you are healthy enough to take your lumps.

edit: thanks Donny
Last edited by Topper on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Today's practice lines:

Daniel - Henrik - Booth
Raymond - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev

I like it I think. It breaks Kesler and Booth up and gives us back our 3rd and 4th lines. Defence stays the same so good for AV not putting Rome back in. Let Ballard play!
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

...amazing how much better it all looks with Daniel in the line up.

And halellujah for Booth being put with the Sedins at long last.

Doesn't have to handle the puck, can just find open spaces and go to the net.
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

That line-up can win 4 straight against the Kings!

Maybe the switch was a dimmer? All the way up boys!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Aaronp18 wrote:That line-up can win 4 straight against the Kings!

Fucking rights it can.

So far, it's been the Quick and Brown show.

Tomorrow night will be the start of the Sedins and Luo show (I'm assuming Luo will start)
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Maybe the switch was a dimmer?
lol

...or you could have put the flag up game one.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

mathonwy wrote:

Fucking rights it can.

So far, it's been the Quick and Brown show.

Tomorrow night will be the start of the Sedins and Luo show (I'm assuming Luo will start)

I'm hearing Cory is penciled in but no decision yet announced. The Canucks know what they have in Luongo. I think they want a real extra long look at Cory in playoff pressure. I'm telling you they love this kid and want to find a way to make him their goalie of the future if not next year in a couple of years.

I'm also hearing that AV is not making line up decisions all by his lonesome. Much like last year when MG made the decision to start Cory this has been thrust upon him as has the decision to get Ballard back into the line up and keep him there. I think MG wants to see what these two in particular, Cory and Ballard, can do before July 1.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

One of those new f**king light bulbs that hardly give off any light.
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote:

I'm hearing Cory is penciled in but no decision yet announced.

...Luongo...

I'm also hearing that AV is not making line up decisions all by his lonesome.

I think MG wants to see what these two in particular, Cory and Ballard, can do before July 1.
This is all very intriguing for the future of the coach, these players and the team.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:...amazing how much better it all looks with Daniel in the line up.

And halellujah for Booth being put with the Sedins at long last.

Doesn't have to handle the puck, can just find open spaces and go to the net.

I agree Donny. He wasn't given near enough time to play with them. He and Kesler are too similar in their game. With the twins he just has to pretend he is Anson Carter. He is also tough enough to offer a little protection. Albeit not a HW by any stretch.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

I'm hearing Cory is penciled in but no decision yet announced.

...Luongo...

I'm also hearing that AV is not making line up decisions all by his lonesome.

I think MG wants to see what these two in particular, Cory and Ballard, can do before July 1.
This is all very intriguing for the future of the coach, these players and the team.

Ya, some had speculated they were show casing Cory but I don't agree. I think they are really smitten with him and want that extra look. If they decide to part ways with Luongo they want to be sure, and they had better be sure, that Cory is the real deal. With Lack said to be ready to try to take the back up job next year we could see a real changing of the guard. Forget Luongo's NNC we all no if the Canucks decide to keep Cory Luongo will be gone. I think ideally the would like to keep both but I think Cory is ready and is chomping at the bit to get his number one job. I guess the question is whether both would be happy with 40 games and a fight for number one come playoff time. Cory, maybe, Luongo I don't see that as a role for him.

As to Ballard, he was promised he would not be traded this year but with the way Av again f**cked him over and the injuries he really hasn't had a full season to be depended upon. He has maybe one game left to show he belongs here.

AS for AV, I think he and MG have a good relationship but I think MG gets as frustrated at times with some of the line up moves as the fans. Well, maybe not as upset but he was asked earlier in the season if he had any input or if he left it up to his coaches. He answered very quickly that yes of course he had input, he was part of the team. I don't think he meant to say it quick as emphatically as he did because he began to back peddle but I think if this season ends too soon AV may very well be done. If for no other reason than after 7 years it just may be time for a change. His questionable line up decisions in game 7 did not go unnoticed.

The big question mark on AV is can he help develop younger players? Earlier in his career yes but now I don't think so.
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

...agreed (if Cory plays and we lose Luongo is gonna be piiisssed!!).

We could see some real key components changed if we opt out this round.

Ironically the demeanour of Cory Schneider lends to captain material....clearly I am not saying this should happen and obviously it wouldn't but it speaks to his superlative character which GMMG has on his player to be acquired check list.

Regardless these are discussions (and there are many, the off season could be extremely exciting and highly volatile) for another day, hopefully later than sooner.
DeLevering since 1999.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

I like the lines too, nothing like experimenting with the season on the line :thumbs: