Rally Caps thread - Playoffs 2012.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Re: Rally Caps thread - Playoffs 2012.

Post by rockalt »

Well the Canucks are going to have to stop making Quick look better than he is. I liked everything about their game last night save the last second effort. It's as if they were constantly so close to getting the gimme goal only to lose control of the puck or watch it bounce over their sticks.

The atrocious no doubt made offense a major challenge for both teams. Given that the Canucks dominated puck possession and were forcing the play I think on this night the lousy ice hurt them more. Full marks to the Kings though for hustling to pucks first, clearing dangerous rebounds and blocking shots.

If the ice is decent and the Canucks can settle the puck bit, I think we take game 4. As well as they played, Quick didn't really need to make any game stealing saves. Rather it seemed a struggle just to get the puck on net. He was great at absorbing the shots but they were all from the periphery. In my opinion, we have yet to really test Quick this series. There's very little likelihood this team will win (though I still hold out hope) so I really hope they can relax their sticks a bit and expose Quick up high.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Look people, I am as realistic as anyone but if we stop believing now, we might as well be throwing in the towel. When it's all said and done I would much rather be able to say I never gave up than "I told you so" or " I knew it." I think that the direction of the majority of this board is leaning toward the latter, and that's too bad. Maybe I'm a blind man following my heart here, but the last time I checked this series wasn't over yet.

The purpose of the thread was to shed light on the fact that we are probably going to have a short postseason ... but it (improbable comebacks) has happened before. Nothing is impossible. I'm not guaranteeing anything but there is still hope. One goal might be all it takes to spark this team. Somethings gotta give ...
There was a quote somewhere about Grant Fuhr - he didn't always play great, he sometimes let in bad goals - but he usually outplayed the other goaltender.

I know some folks have said "Lu wasn't the reason we lost in game 1 & 2" - but he also wasn't the reason we won.
When you are up against a strong defensive team, you just need to clamp down and outplay them.

One of our goalies (hopefully Schneids) needs to outplay Quick.
Quick only lets in 1 goal all night? Then he needs to pitch a shutout.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Game 4 4-2 nucks
Game 5 3-1 nucks
Game 6 3-2 OT. Scary
Game 7 2-1 nucks

Next.......send me a shirt..lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Topper wrote: Do you ever tire of tangoing alone?
:lol:

Nope.

I always speak my mind.

Assuming that a miracle doesn't happen here, I think Gillis should seriously evaluate this team in the off-season.........and consider blowing the proverbial puppy up.

1) Consider the age of our current core. (Sedins', Luongo, etc.).
2) Consider the mental fortitude of this group.
3) Consider the fact that 8 years ago back in 2004, it would've been considered "absolutely ridiculous" (or "ridicurous" as a man of Chinese decent might be inclined to say) to trade away guys like Naslund, Morrison, Bertuzzi, and Jovanovski......but in retrospect, that actually would've been the correct decision.
4) The Flyers are a good example of a team that after making the cup finals, and stinking like poo a year later against the Bruins, decided to make shocking changes by trading away two of their best players in Richards and Carter.

All I'm saying is this:

Do I want a miracle to happen?........and for us to come back and beat the Kings? You're damn right. If that actually does happen, then every single thought of mine in this thread will be false.........as the Canucks will have proved me wrong and proved to the world that they DO in fact, have mental fortitude of epic proportions.

If I'm right now - and the Canucks bow out in 4 or 5 games, then I think it might be wise to atleast CONSIDER the idea of "buying low and selling high"........just as Brian Burke perhaps should have done in 2004 when the Canucks lost to the Calgary Flames.

Think back to a lot of these teams.

IF the Flames could reverse the cock and trade Iginla and Kipprasoff away, do you think they would? What about in the mid 00's when the leaves core was becoming ineffective? (i.e. Sundin, Tucker, Domi, etc.). Think it would've been wise of them to rebuild?

What about San Jose right now with Thornton and Marleau? If the Sharks don't do anything yet again this season, then what becomes of THEIR players? Pretty sure Thornton and Marleau would have commanded a lot more value 3-4 years ago eh?

Look at what the Flyers got in return for Richards and Carter.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Topper wrote: Do you ever tire of tangoing alone?
:lol:

Nope.

I always speak my mind.
I'll be glad to discuss whatever you want Farhan... after the series.
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Topper wrote:

IF the Flames could reverse the cock and trade Iginla and Kipprasoff away, do you think they would? What about in the mid 00's when the leaves core was becoming ineffective? (i.e. Sundin, Tucker, Domi, etc.). Think it would've been wise of them to rebuild?

What about San Jose right now with Thornton and Marleau? If the Sharks don't do anything yet again this season, then what becomes of THEIR players? Pretty sure Thornton and Marleau would have commanded a lot more value 3-4 years ago eh?

Look at what the Flyers got in return for Richards and Carter.
oooh I see what you're trying to do here :lol:
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

The flags are making an appearance!!
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Things are looking good for game 4 against the Kings.

No conspiracies can stop us.

I found my lucky tin foil hat. Image
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

rats19 wrote:Game 4 4-2 nucks
Game 5 3-1 nucks
Game 6 3-2 OT. Scary
Game 7 2-1 nucks

Next.......send me a shirt..lol
Fuck :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….