Kassian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ajp
AHL Prospect

Kassian

Post by ajp »

Kassian is he injured or is he another Raymond type of player(no vsision, no hockey sense). All I see him as well as Raymond,is skate and lose the puck. Can't seem to make any plays at all. At least Raymond can score goals, Kassian can't even stick up for Sedin.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Kassian

Post by ODB »

ajp wrote:Kassian is he injured or is he another Raymond type of player(no vsision, no hockey sense). All I see him as well as Raymond,is skate and lose the puck. Can't seem to make any plays at all. At least Raymond can score goals, Kassian can't even stick up for Sedin.
Great 1st post (<------ sarcasm :roll: )
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

ODB wrote: Great 1st post (<------ sarcasm :roll: )
Yet you replace the j with a g and oh my looky what you have there....
DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ajp wrote:Kassian is he injured or is he another Raymond type of player(no vsision, no hockey sense). All I see him as well as Raymond,is skate and lose the puck. Can't seem to make any plays at all. At least Raymond can score goals, Kassian can't even stick up for Sedin.
Kassian, my Hindu friend, is a work in progress.

Sometime in late 2013 or early 2014, we "might" see "big things" from a certain Zachary Kassian.

As for right now however, no one in the league can punch a fist with their face more effectively than Zachary Kassian.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

When Kassian grows up he is either gonna be a NHL freight train who will strike fear in mere mortals, or hes gonna be a really big fat real estate salesman in his home town with a belly that will strike fear in buffet restaurant staff on sight...

But right now the kid can barely grow a play off beard and probably still giggles at the underwear section of the sears catalog.

Have a little patience
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

ukcanuck wrote:or hes gonna be a really big fat real estate salesman in his home town with a belly that will strike fear in buffet restaurant staff on sight...
:lol:

I always thought he bore a resemblance to Frank Sobotka.. maybe he has a career as a stevedore ahead of him?

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

He’s already bested Bieksa’s death stare.

Nothing like a lower overbite to intimidate the opposition.

Junk yard dog style.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

My my a week or so ago I posted that Kassian is not currently of much value to the club ( but maybe next season, who knows ) but Bitz was more game ready. I was castigated for it. Now.....yeah yeah potential potential next year or the year after or...............
cheers
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...to be fair the guy busting your chops is not the one saying his future is down the road.

But your foresight was not far off apparently.

Bitz will play Wednesday so we shall see how that works out.
DeLevering since 1999.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:My my a week or so ago I posted that Kassian is not currently of much value to the club ( but maybe next season, who knows ) but Bitz was more game ready. I was castigated for it. Now.....yeah yeah potential potential next year or the year after or...............
if I had read your post I probably would have agreed with you. when the trade broke I remember thinking that a guy who has spent a good part of the year in the minors would be a completely unlikely playoff hero. but then I didnt think that Co Ho was gonna be our savior either...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote:
Fred wrote:My my a week or so ago I posted that Kassian is not currently of much value to the club ( but maybe next season, who knows ) but Bitz was more game ready. I was castigated for it. Now.....yeah yeah potential potential next year or the year after or...............
if I had read your post I probably would have agreed with you. when the trade broke I remember thinking that a guy who has spent a good part of the year in the minors would be a completely unlikely playoff hero. but then I didnt think that Co Ho was gonna be our savior either...

Exactly. No problem with trading CoHo just questioning who we traded him for. Wait till we see what Buffalo gets when they trade CoHo :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Great trade - bad timing?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Kassian can show us in the next few years. I hope that Cody has a long, fruitful career.

Am I going to bitch about the timing? Nope - it's a done deal, and I have no idea what forced Gillis' hand. Sure, Cody would be handy right now - but he's in Buffalo. No amount of my bitching and complaining and calling for Gillis' head will bring him back.

Kassian appears out of shape and lost in the 'system'. He'll be a lot better next year. Meanwhile we have Shutdown Sammy patroling the 3rd line.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Cornuck wrote:Great trade - bad timing?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Kassian can show us in the next few years. I hope that Cody has a long, fruitful career.

Now remember that's good or bad !

So far I don't like Booth ( the best game I've seen him play last night ) I don't like Ballard ( as much as i thought it was a good move when it was done) I didn't like Sturm period! I think they should have moved Raymond and I'll be pissed if we keep Luongo and trade Schneider. The current Pro scout Lorne Henning has done little to win me over.

Look at the current roster and the best 2 players in this series is Hansen and Higgins...maybe Lapierre if he could keep his antics down a tad. That doesn't bode well, we may not to far from a lottery pick in another couple of years. :(
cheers
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Fred wrote:
Cornuck wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what Kassian can show us in the next few years. I hope that Cody has a long, fruitful career.
Now remember that's good or bad !
Yep - and that's why watch sports and follow our teams.

I'll save the like/dislike - trade/keep talk until after the playoffs. However long that might be.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don't think i'm too far out of line suggesting that there are at least 5 or 6 posters on this board who want Zack Kassian to fail. Pretty jacked up that they consider themselves to be Canucks fans.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”