Dank on a Plane to LA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Dank on a Plane to LA

Post by Hockey Widow »

Dank is on the way to LA and will practice with the club tomorrow. He is expected to play Wednesday. I guess seeing Hank get knocked the way he did and how well he played after Dank felt he could play too. Two concussed twins on the top line. If we thought they were dizzying before just wait :D
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Dank on a Plane to LA

Post by donlever »

Two dizzy twins.

This woman theme just won't leave them alone.

:P
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:Two dizzy twins.

This woman theme just won't leave them alone.

:P

I meant it in the masculine fashion. You know, good with the puck, brilliant stick handling, great along the wall and cycle, sick moves in close. Not the feminine as in dippy. :twisted:
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Oh I know what you meant....

:sly:
DeLevering since 1999.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

dizzy is only a state of mind...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So does anyone think Dank has had enough and declared himself ready to go no matter what? I hope he is 100% and isn't taking a risk at this point in his career. But if he is healthy having him back will be a boost. Hank has been playing well and to get Dank back will make a difference. They will both be playing like Wellwood, men possessed.

Interesting and suspicious development to me. Just as suspicious as HAnk not having to go to the quit room after his knock.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I hope that Daniel is actually 'ready' to play, and not forcing himself.

I also hope that when the inevitable elbow gets thrown at his head, someone - SOMEONE - makes the aggressor pay for it.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:So does anyone think Dank has had enough and declared himself ready to go no matter what? I hope he is 100% and isn't taking a risk at this point in his career. But if he is healthy having him back will be a boost. Hank has been playing well and to get Dank back will make a difference. They will both be playing like Wellwood, men possessed.

Interesting and suspicious development to me. Just as suspicious as HAnk not having to go to the quit room after his knock.
I was interested in that as well. at the risk of starting something ugly discussing the relative effects of having your bell rung. It seemed to me that although the back of Henrik's head bounced of the ice, his helmet stayed secure to his head and he tried to get up right away, which made it seem like he never lost consciousness making a concussion less likely.
To me it looked more like he had the wind knocked out of him which if you have ever had the sensation its as unpleasant as debilitating in the moment, but it passes relatively quickly.

As for Dank I hope its because the risk is minimal and if he waits one more game the next one will be in October..
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I've been meaning to post this somewhere. Here would be the best place I guess.

Fuck you Duncan Keith.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Larry Goodenough wrote:I've been meaning to post this somewhere. Here would be the best place I guess.

Fuck you Duncan Keith.
Second that!

I was really impressed with Hank in the last game. He really showed a lot of passion and that monster shift of his was unbelievable. He's throwing the odd hit now and then as well, and not looking silly doing it. I think we're really starting to see the true leader in him and the sister jokes are just laughable at this point. Let's hope it all rubs off on Dank on Wednesday and we get the Kings on the run. All we need is to start denting their confidence a little bit and hope for a snowball effect.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Hockey Widow wrote:So does anyone think Dank has had enough and declared himself ready to go no matter what? I hope he is 100% and isn't taking a risk at this point in his career. But if he is healthy having him back will be a boost. Hank has been playing well and to get Dank back will make a difference. They will both be playing like Wellwood, men possessed.

I think your line of reasoning is money Widow. Dank's not medically ready but he'll be god damned if he'll let his brother and his team face elimination alone. Danny's gonna make a difference and that's why I'm not booking in our local cable guy to shut off my HD until the fat lady sings!
newcanuckfan
CC Veteran

Post by newcanuckfan »

Got to agree that it's unlikely Dank's 100%, he must be somewhere close....only he knows at this point is my guess. I'm sure the Docs have read and compared the base line tests and he must be within range of his average. How he actually feels may be another story. I'm just hoping he's healthy enough to take the rigours of the game and do no harm to himself.

That and maybe pot a few goals. :wink:
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

The season is all but over. This risk they're taking here is far too great..... especially considering the team we're playing against and their hate for the Canucks.

Daniel gets an elbow to the head by his third shift.

Dans leaving on a jet plane
don't know if he should play again
Oh Danny your heads not ready to go
Last edited by Eddy Punch Clock on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011..... the one that got away.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I'm not saying the Canucks can't come back in this series - hell I think they can do it without Danny.

But if he is going into a game at less than 100% in order to hopefully claw back into a series where there are long odds on success.. there is potential for a catastrophe.

edit: I was worried about coming off as a negative nellie but I see Eddy's made me look downright optimistic by comparison.. :lol:
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Sorry to nit pick, but

I thought "Dank" = Daniel + Hank

ie both of them?