How long does this series go?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How many games does this series last?

Kings sweep
22%
Kings in 5
8%
Kings in 6
16%
Kings in 7
No votes
Canucks in 7
54%

Total votes: 37

rockalt
MVP
MVP

How long does this series go?

Post by rockalt »

In light of the crushing game 3 defeat where the Canucks couldn't muster a single goal (RD you must feel pretty vindicated right now) despite playing their best game of the series by a wide margin, I ask you fellow fans how long you think this series will last?

Logic would dictate that we're done in 4 or 5 max. Personally 5 seems a befitting fortune for the success-starved Canucks fans. Just seems typical of the team to make you start believing only to collapse when you're on the verge of success.

Anti-Canuck nation is laughing it's respective asses off right.

We'll be the ones laughing our asses off when the Canucks take this series in 7.

Book it. :mex:
Topper
CC Legend

Re: How long does this series go?

Post by Topper »

I Believe In Blue
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SonofaBure
AHL Prospect

Post by SonofaBure »

who cares, it's over
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The Kings have two four game losing streaks this year.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Never stop believing until they've been officially eliminated.

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I'm in for 2 Canucks wins right now, a sweep would be a total desaster even without Dannyboy.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
SonofaBure
AHL Prospect

Post by SonofaBure »

Cookie La Rue wrote:I'm in for 2 Canucks wins right now, a sweep would be a total desaster even without Dannyboy.
Didn't we finish the season 8-2 without DS? Yea, we missed him this series, but where the fuck was the rest of the team this post season?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

To win the Canucks need to show heart and get to the front of the net to make life miserable for Quick.

Canucks don't do that, they barely have done it over the past season or 2. They play a skating perimeter style of play that looks good in the regular season but once the playoffs starts it is easy to defend when you play the same team for 4 games.

This is why AV has to go, he is a one trick pony, 3 seasons ago it was the trap, now it is all skate and no action. The Canucks may win 1 but they already quit and probably are already looking at cheap hotels in Vegas or Hawaii.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, it would be complete disaster for a President's Cup winning team to get swept by an 8th seed. If there's anything good in this, there's 3 days until the next game. This gives the Nucks a chance to find their game and hopefully Quick and the Kings will cool off a bit. Hopefully the Nucks will win at least 1-2 games to make it respectable.

I originally thought the Canucks would win in 6 games, but I was always a bit leery of those Cali tames (LA & San Jose), I wanted to play phoenix/dallas most. Guess it doesn't matter now, we get what we get and the Nucks can mostly blame themselves for the poor results.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I'm taking part of the blame on me because i grew a playoff beard weeks before the playoffs started.
The playoffs are starting now, i blanked my face again a few hours ago to let grow a real playoff beard.
Believe, my mind is saying 2 wins but my heart wants 4, i just read Dannyboy travelled to LA.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

In a previous thread I outlined a few ref's that consistently call against Van.

The original thread here at the corner was here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9291&start=255
The source I quoted from CDC - http://forum.canucks.com/topic/327389-t ... ge__st__60

Bottom line, the CDC poster identified several officials that have a tendency, in the poster's mind, to call more against the Canucks than average. The refs were: O'Rourke, O'Hallaran, Peel, Walsh, Watson, Sutherland, Kozari, Joanette and Leggo.

As an update
Game 1 - Officials: Paul Devorski, Dan O'Rourke - 8 penalities, Bitz's 5+game earned for being a dumb ass.
Game 2 - Officials: Chris Lee, Wes McCauley - 7 penalties, two of them 10 min misconducts ending Hansen & Lappy participation
Game 3 - Officials: Sutherland and Polloc - 9 penalties assessed for 23 min against.
Game 4 - Officials" ???? dunno yet, can't find source

So thus far we seem to be hit/miss on getting these "identified" refs. What isn't hit or miss is the amount of penalties we are being assessed (including 3 delay of games). So the question is - is there a consistent bias playing out against the Canucks (the conspiracy) or are we really playing this far outside the rules?

I for one am not sure but invite comment by those who've followed this more than I have.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

Sweep.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Reverse sweep!

Canucks in 7!
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

The simple answer to this question is really based on how long will it be before our next Edler-like gaffe or turn-over? All of the dominance in the world means dick, if we continue to provide them with opportunities off of our mistakes - lack of coverage, turning the puck over for two short handed goals in one fuckin game, failing to cover rebounds off our net-minder, etc. Quick has been amazing, we need bodies in front of him... it's not rocket science - a tip, a rebound, a shove. by bodies in front who are prepared to pay the price for being there. Shots from the outside are meaningless. I don't believe that Dank's presence would have changed the outcome of any of the games thus far... unless maybe Edler feels more secure/confident with Dank in the line-up??

Having said all of this, I would be somewhat pleased to see us take at least 2 games in this series. IF we went to game 7, could you imagine how 'manic-like' we would all be!? Jeeezus
cc oldtimer
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

It's tough to really say:

To be quite frank - the Canucks have actually outplayed the Kings over the past 2 games in my opinion. Assuming that the Canucks keep up that level of play, and somehow find ways to score, there's no reason to believe that we can't come from behind:

Is it likely? Probably not. Is it possible? I think so.

Personally - I think LA will take it in 4,5, or 6 but lets hope I'm wrong.

If it goes to a Game 7, I think the Canucks will win.