GDT: Game 3 Vancouver @ LA Kings - April 15 7:30pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Game 3 Vancouver @ LA Kings - April 15 7:30pm - CBC

Post by ukcanuck »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Schneider has been the Canucks best goalie this season. Period. He has played against good teams in big games and he has much better numbers than Luongo. It isn't being anti Luongo by not starting him. Cory is the better goalie at this time and he has been all year. He gives the Canucks the best chance to win.

Luongo has played decent so far but in each game he let in a questionable goal. The Canucks need more than decent right now - they need someone to stand on his head.

As an asside, I don't understand as to why Luongo is such a focal point. Luongo hasn't been tremendous, but he's still been one of our best players.....if not, THE best.

Actually I feel like this time its nothing to do with Luongo as a lightning rod for criticism, its just that we got a ringer of a goalie sitting on the bench and is time to put him in while there's still a chance for him to make a difference.
Put it this way, if they go with luongo tonight and we lose, putting in Schneider in game four to avoid a sweep is like changing goalies down 5-0 in the third, whats the point?. The reality is if they don't go to Schneider now and they lose this series and trade Schneider on the draft floor with Kesler for your 40 goal scoring centre. Not only will RD forever have a case to beat to death about woulda coulda shoulda... but he will be right in that we never actually saw what Schneider could do before we gifted him to next Stanley Cup contender.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

After the threats of tornados all day yesterday and 30-40mph winds today, I've been cooped up all weekend. Good thing that this Pens-Flyers games is looking good.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Will everyone just breathe deep...exhale then do same x3? they WILL win. do what ever gives you comfort in support of this team just know...what will be...will be...and so it is.
Namaste WF.
Namaste WF
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Schneider has been the Canucks best goalie this season. Period. He has played against good teams in big games and he has much better numbers than Luongo. It isn't being anti Luongo by not starting him. Cory is the better goalie at this time and he has been all year. He gives the Canucks the best chance to win.

Luongo has played decent so far but in each game he let in a questionable goal. The Canucks need more than decent right now - they need someone to stand on his head.
Not sure which goal is game 1 was questionable.

First goal a deadly shot by Richards on a 5-on3 with Carter wide open on the other side of the net. Luongo has no choice but to play it the way he does or give Carter a total gimme. That goal doesn't happen 5-on-4. Second goal a deflection through a perfect screen.....with the team killing Bitz's major penalty. 3rd goal a turnover by Edler, an amazing skate pass by Carter to Penner. No chance. Fourth goal an empty netter.

Game 2 the only questionable goal was Brown's SH breakaway. He played it classic Lou-style with the belly-flop, Brown read Lou like a book on that one. The first goal was a turnover and a good first save by Lou but no defensive coverage to be found. The third goal was a lucky one that happens in seemingly every hockey game everywhere at some point. The fourth one he didn't know where it was and his defense was laying all over the ice.

The only reasons you go with Schneider is because his road numbers this year are amazing while Luongo has struggled on the road at times throughout his tenure in Vancouver. The other reason is just to shake up the team. If Schneider is in it is not a reflection of Luongo's play so far in any way.

Regardless of goaltender, Kings carry the momentum home and go for the kimura. I'm not jumping off the wagon and burning jerseys or saying I'm done with the Canucks, but I just don't get the sense that they have this. I have thought for a long time that our coaching staff is our achilles heel in situations like this and against teams like LA and Boston, nothing has changed my mind about that. I also don't think our blueline is up to the task so long as Edler plays like an unconfident rookie who is scared to take a hit. There are so many variables, but I think we are about to see this era of the Canucks come to a close and there will be some big changes next year on the blueline, behind the bench, and Schneider will likely be our guy in the crease. I hope I'm wrong, I hope that they turn it around and runover the Kings to end this in 6 and move on, and I know that they have the team that CAN do it, just a question of if they will.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

100% focused on winning one game.
"It's not about winning four games, it's about winning one tonight. That's our focus" - Henrik Sedin #Canucks
Last edited by SKYO on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Wildfaery wrote:Will everyone just breathe deep...exhale then do same x3? they WILL win. do what ever gives you comfort in support of this team just know...what will be...will be...and so it is.
Namaste WF.
breaths....looks outside at a sunny 20 day....ah yeah.....ah fuckit I'm still hockey stress'n butt thanks WF at least there are no extreme weather forecasts....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

This day we fight. I bid you stand Canucks of the west.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEuWWB_IvSo&feature=fvst

The drums of doom...

Go Canucks GOOO
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

They have a lot of weapons in Brown, Richards, Carter, Penner, Kopitar, the key thing for us is play our game and get a lot offensive chances thereby taking their game away and making them adjust.
Last edited by SKYO on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cory's in!

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

According to TSN

Forwards:
Burrows - H. Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Pahlsson - Lapierre
Kassian - Malhotra - Weise

Defence:
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev

Goaltender:
Schnieder
Luongo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Arachnid wrote:Cory's in!

8-)
Schneider is starting?

For whatever reason this team plays better when he's in.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Just hope that's relaxed when handling the puck.

Sucks for Luongo, but the team better respond.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It's only 2 games to 0. Lots of life left in the Canucks to show these pansies who's the boss.
When Dustin Fucking Penner makes your team look slow, you know you're off your game.

My keys to win:
Move the damn puck, skate hard, break out as a 5 man unit, support the puck in all 3 zones, finish checks on everyone and absolutely learn to turn the other cheek. Start playing smart hockey and the chances will magically appear.

This Kings team is NOT as good as we've made them look. They're now all bubbling with false confidence and revelling in their apparent recent offensive prowess. We got them right where we want them!!!!

It's time to start exposing them for what they really are!!! (*JT approved trash talk)
If you need air...call it in
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

SKYO wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Cory's in!

8-)
Schneider is starting?

For whatever reason this team plays better when he's in.
I don't think this is necessarily true.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cornuck wrote:According to TSN

Forwards:
Burrows - H. Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Pahlsson - Lapierre
Kassian - Malhotra - Weise

Defence:
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev

Goaltender:
Schnieder
Luongo
Instead of Weise I'd put in Reinprecht or Ebbett as we could use more offense right now.