The Ole Canuck comeback

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The Ole Canuck comeback

Post by TDA Rum »

And the comeback begins.....go Canucks....
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I don't think the question should be "IF" they can come back. The question should be do they have the "WILL" to come back. They have all the skill needed to shut down LA in 4 games, but for some reason the urgency isn't there. They are being out worked and consistently beaten to the puck. The next game is a must win.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'll truly believe if we can win one game on Sunday.

I think they are bit timid vs the Philly players, still thinking they are the big bad bullies, this team never does well vs aggressive teams the point producing Cody Hodgson trade was addressed for this.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

I BELIEVE!!! To those non-believers, why ye of little faith??? What makes you think this team can't win 4 games against the Kinks??? I've already changed up my ritual(chants,incense,music) for the Wings & will do so for the 'Nucks.
Namaste WF
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Wildfaery wrote:I BELIEVE!!! To those non-believers, why ye of little faith??? What makes you think this team can't win 4 games against the Kinks??? I've already changed up my ritual(chants,incense,music) for the Wings & will do so for the 'Nucks.
Work those candles WIF! and Go Wings (dirty ol' opera preds :evil: )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I Believe In Blue
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Topper wrote:I Believe In Blue

or...

Watch Game of Thrones!

Decisions, decisions.....
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Uhhh, Ohdee, couldn't you just tape it?
DeLevering since 1999.
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

A wtf is needed no?
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

If it's any consolation, Puck Daddy thinks the Canucks have a better chance to come back than the Penguins.

They also think AV is coaching for his job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 45046.html
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

clem wrote:If it's any consolation, Puck Daddy thinks the Canucks have a better chance to come back than the Penguins.

I was calling for AV's head last spring! As others have said, now is not time to get into such discussion... so far... AV has had his ass handed to him in the ol coaching department.

Our Powerplay is a joke!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

CorranHorn wrote:A wtf is needed no?
Yes.

wtf GDT is most definitely needed.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

This team is laden with talent and experience and despite being down 2-0 you get the feeling the games could go either way, I hope they start Cory not because Luo is playing OK but to send a message to the team and shake them up a bit. They tend to play differently when Schnieds is in net....should be a great game....the off-season stuff can wait for the summer, I'd rather talk positive in what can be done to get the PP going, score score on a screened Quick, shut-down the LGBT line...but hey, that's just me 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Toasty_B
AHL Prospect

Post by Toasty_B »

clem wrote:If it's any consolation, Puck Daddy thinks the Canucks have a better chance to come back than the Penguins.

Haven't posted here in ages, but given the Canucks current predicament, this looks like a good place and time to start.

Yes, history is against the Canucks as they have never come back from a 2-0 deficit to win a playoff series, as the article says. However, one must remember that this is not a Canucks team we were used to for 40-something seasons (last season being the exception).

- This team has supposedly matured from greater playoff experience.
- This team has 2 goaltenders who are capable of being starters.
- This team has players who have won individual awards, not to mention a coach and GM who have won awards in their respective categories.
- This team has finished at the top of the NHL standing 2 years in a row, and have won their division 4 years in a row.

I guess because of our history of heartbreak, people are quick to jump off the bandwagon, as they don't want to be disappointed year after year. We never knew what it was like to cheer for a winner. Therefore, we have the tendency to sell this team short whenever they get into a hole.

I agree this team has a good chance of digging themselves out of this hole. Their road map is simple: match aggression with aggression, maintain their discipline and tighten up their special teams. The Canucks are a good road team, so they may be able to focus more away from home. Let goaltending and sound defence take care of the rest.

As for AV, I'll save that topic for a more appropriate time, but I generally agree with the article.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

ODB wrote:

I was calling for AV's head last spring! As others have said, now is not time to get into such discussion... so far... AV has had his ass handed to him in the ol coaching department.

Our Powerplay is a joke!
Some Canucks power play satire.

http://postmediaprovince.files.wordpres ... chart2.jpg