The Ole Canuck comeback

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

The Ole Canuck comeback

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

As most of you know, I have been following this team since 94'. Although I have had my heart ripped out from this team more than once I keep coming back. One of the things I like about this team is how they perform when their ass is against a wall. Now, if they are healthy most of the time they come back. Hence remember 94'. Now, I wish we had a team history of Detroit where work ethic and storied cup wins were our history but, it is not. So the question is who else like me thinks this crew will win this series? I still do believe. Who is with me.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Ole Canuck comeback

Post by Cornuck »

I'm not worried.

This team is playing so far below their capabilities. A rebound game in LA will start filling up the bandwagon again.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I've tried just about everything since 1970 to not jinx this team. This year I picked the Canucks in 5.
So..... here goes...... the Canucks don't stand a chance against the Kings............ maybe that'll work.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Calgary_Canuck wrote:So the question is who else like me thinks this crew will win this series? I still do believe. Who is with me.
I'm not prepared to say that I think we will win this series, but I do think that the series is FAR from over. As has been proven time and time again, 2-0 and 3-1 series deficits are not insurmountable. Hell - even 3-0 series deficits aren't completely insurmountable if the last few years are of any indication.

I am mentally prepared for either scenario.

My only recommendation to the Canuck players is that they "play to win" as opposed to "playing not to lose."

If they win? Great! On to the next series, and on to the path of establishing themselves as legends with a possible cup victory.

If they lose? Get some much needed rest in the lengthy summer off-season, re-tool, re-focus, and make the necessary adjustments. Despite the Hodgson deal, I still believe that Mike Gillis is the co-best GM in the league along with Ken Holland....meaning that the Canucks should be fielding consistently competitive teams for many years to come.

It's a win-win situation for this franchise, the city, and our current core.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

If the canucks want to go and shoot themselves in the foot then be my guest. I have not given up yet but I dont feel like stressing out and not enjoying the playoffs because these guys can't smarten up, I hope AV just gives them a verbal beatdown
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I believe.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

There is a definite difference between hoping and thinking, and what the Canucks can do versus what they might do based on career averages versus their recent play sample.

I still hope that they can win this series, and still think that they can win this series. I am basing this on career averages, not recent play samples.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Your Vancouver Canucks are capable of winning 4 of the next 5 games against the Kings.

I choose to believe they will. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

I'm with you Calgary Canuck. It will be difficult without Daniel but the series is far from over. They just need to actually show up and play to their potential. Oh, and learn to shoot high on Quick! The Kings are no slouches.
Ellyn84
AHL Prospect

Post by Ellyn84 »

Yay! Finally some positive comments, not the doom and gloom on the fb site! I totally agree with some of the above posts! This series still has five more games before it's done. Canucks have been known to come from behind, and come out ahead! This LA road trip may be the trigger to even the score. I also trust the team coaching staff to do what's needed. As fans, we are not privy to the *ins and outs* of each player. Bottom line is ... I BELIEVE!! Also as someone earlier posted, It"s not over until the *fat lady* sings. (PinC, but you know what I mean.) GO CANUCKS!! I'm rooting for you win or lo...... :)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, I don't think it's over yet. The Nuckleheads have to win game 3 though, if they win, they have a chance. If we lose game 3, then it's over.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yeah, I don't think it's over yet. The Nuckleheads have to win game 3 though, if they win, they have a chance. If we lose game 3, then it's over.
yep, I agree, it's basically do or die re: game 3 in LA. I like what Farhan stated in that the Canucks have to play to win not to lose... makes sense. Enough with the 'shut-down' hockey already.
cc oldtimer
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:Your Vancouver Canucks are capable of winning 4 of the next 5 games against the Kings.

I choose to believe they will. :thumbs:
Yes they are.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Ellyn84 wrote:Yay! Finally some positive comments, not the doom and gloom on the fb site! I totally agree with some of the above posts! This series still has five more games before it's done. Canucks have been known to come from behind, and come out ahead! This LA road trip may be the trigger to even the score. I also trust the team coaching staff to do what's needed. As fans, we are not privy to the *ins and outs* of each player. Bottom line is ... I BELIEVE!! Also as someone earlier posted, It"s not over until the *fat lady* sings. (PinC, but you know what I mean.) GO CANUCKS!! I'm rooting for you win or lo...... :)
Pretty good group here Ellyn84.. fb and a few other sites are littered with bandwagoners and divers who only know how to chirp and cheat.....welcome here :devil:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

One thing that may not be seen as positive for some, but I choose to believe so is the schedule.

Even if for some reason we go down tomorrow, oh gawd - we will win game four and have many moons to work on our game and "processes" seeing as game 5 would be next sunday iirc.

Either way, its not a comeback IMO. It's playing the way we have, not even at beast mode in the reg season.

Oh, and keep Lu in there. Easily the best Canuck the past two games, dont pull him just bcs his D/team has been shit infront of him.