“The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Meh.... Damien Cox has been known to lick a lot of cock.
Cox is a shitty leaves beat scribe who gets licked by Bryan Hayes
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

cox has been reading RD posts...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cox sucker....he's just a jealous Laugh fanatic....I pay no attention to him in the best of times....trust me ;)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:And Cory apologizes to the Oilers and their organization for his comments. Sheesh...
If Cory is traded(I hope he isn't) he just eliminated having to go to Edmonton.

Come on Cory you should now slag Columbus,Toronto, Calgary etc.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Found this post in last night's GDT.....
mathonwy wrote: Bruce Boudreau is absolutely destroying PJ.

Note to PJ. Next time you're on the air with a coach, don't talk shit or you're going to get called out on it.
Boudreau eats guys like PJ for breakfast (and craps out guys like MacLean). :D

Boudreau seemed to have this wide-eyed disdain for the rest of the CBC panel.

I imagine the reason is because he has to listen to them off-air.

I'm sure PJ and Hrudey are cheering LA because they predicted them to win the series.

And of course Ronny Mac is the prototypical anticanuck.

So when they go live and feign neutrality, an honest man like Boudreau is disgusted.

He is no doubt also disgusted by the panel’s attempts to stir the pot in Canuck Nation

(suggesting AV blew it by criticizing players in the press; that CS should start Game 3)
____
Try to focus on someday.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:Found this post in last night's GDT.....
mathonwy wrote: Bruce Boudreau is absolutely destroying PJ.

Note to PJ. Next time you're on the air with a coach, don't talk shit or you're going to get called out on it.
Boudreau eats guys like PJ for breakfast (and craps out guys like MacLean). :D

Boudreau seemed to have this wide-eyed disdain for the rest of the CBC panel.

I imagine the reason is because he has to listen to them off-air.

I'm sure PJ and Hrudey are cheering LA because they predicted them to win the series.

And of course Ronny Mac is the prototypical anticanuck.

So when they go live and feign neutrality, an honest man like Boudreau is disgusted.

He is no doubt also disgusted by the panel’s attempts to stir the pot in Canuck Nation

(suggesting AV blew it by criticizing players in the press; that CS should start Game 3)

I watched that today. It was more entertaining than the game.

PJ at one point commented on OV's play and Boudreau knocked him speechless. PJ never said a word or smiled for the rest of the segment.It was great. Pj what a marble-mouthed moron . Boudreau was great.

If I were heading up HNIC I'd find out what Boudreau's making and double it.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Embrace the Hate
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I was surprised he took the gig in the first place. A couple years ago the Caps banned CBC from he dressing room because they got a shot of BB's keys to the game and broke down each point individually on air.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

PJ said something ignorant like AV's statement has neutered Kesler for the series.

And Boudreau's reaction was .. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING?? (I'm paraphrasing)

PJ knows some stuff but he's quite a shallow analyst. He's funny and that's why him and Hrudey work on TV but when he tries to look beyond the surface, he gets lost in the weeds.

Today's HNIC broadcast was a lot of sniping. Ever since PJ got shut down on the Canuck broadcast there's a definite dislike brewing between PJ and Boudreau. Great TV. :)
Merf
AHL Prospect

Post by Merf »

Hey this web site is great reading! You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out some Canuck fans on this website lack hockey knowledge. I guess they watch the game but have never played the game. The canucks have a team that should have won a cup by now but in the playoffs when the going gets tough the canucks fail. Why? No character......no respect. The guys some of you love on this web site like burrows/kesler and a few more are a disease. Yes, they play tough but they don't follow it up. They play a tough game and when they get touched they fall down like they were just shot. Alot of guys in the dressing room look around and wish they didn't have a canuck jersey on most games.( You will find out this summer as we take an early exit from the playoffs, probably not this series against LA. Some players will want to leave because of the garbage that goes on most nights) Its called 'embarrassment' when you look at guys like them on the ice acting that way. All the teams are so good now that the difference between winning and losing is in the players heads and they can't play at the top of their game when they watch their team mates play like that. (Hacking/slashing and just acting plain silly with too much garbage talk)
So here it is....game time this afternoon and I hope for our sake that these guys straighten up and play with a little more respect out there or we are done.

Thanks for your time
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

There is not a team in the nhl that is excempt from what you describe. So to what level then is acceptible, we dont like head snapping fall down like u were shot. The teams that do more of It are those that get the short end of the stick on calls, did I say no team Is excempt..yah I did. So really all I have to say to you merf is that no one should throw stones when they live In glass houses. :scowl:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Merf wrote:Hey this web site is great reading! You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out some Canuck fans on this website lack hockey knowledge. I guess they watch the game but have never played the game. The canucks have a team that should have won a cup by now but in the playoffs when the going gets tough the canucks fail. Why? No character......no respect. The guys some of you love on this web site like burrows/kesler and a few more are a disease. Yes, they play tough but they don't follow it up. They play a tough game and when they get touched they fall down like they were just shot. Alot of guys in the dressing room look around and wish they didn't have a canuck jersey on most games.( You will find out this summer as we take an early exit from the playoffs, probably not this series against LA. Some players will want to leave because of the garbage that goes on most nights) Its called 'embarrassment' when you look at guys like them on the ice acting that way. All the teams are so good now that the difference between winning and losing is in the players heads and they can't play at the top of their game when they watch their team mates play like that. (Hacking/slashing and just acting plain silly with too much garbage talk)
So here it is....game time this afternoon and I hope for our sake that these guys straighten up and play with a little more respect out there or we are done.

Thanks for your time
Man, thanks for the insight there Smerf. I guess I'd better read up on more of this game called hockey. Hey, maybe you could keep posting here and tutor us.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Merf wrote:Hey this web site is great reading! You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out some Canuck fans on this website lack hockey knowledge. I guess they watch the game but have never played the game.
After reading this post, the Sherlock Holmes reference makes a lot more sense.

It had to be ironic, because a lack of hockey knowledge is a problem on this site, you'd fit right in champ.

On which short-bus team did you learn to play hockey psychologist?
Merf wrote: The canucks have a team that should have won a cup by now but in the playoffs when the going gets tough the canucks fail. Why? No character......no respect. The guys some of you love on this web site like burrows/kesler and a few more are a disease. Yes, they play tough but they don't follow it up. They play a tough game and when they get touched they fall down like they were just shot. Alot of guys in the dressing room look around and wish they didn't have a canuck jersey on most games.( You will find out this summer as we take an early exit from the playoffs, probably not this series against LA. Some players will want to leave because of the garbage that goes on most nights) Its called 'embarrassment' when you look at guys like them on the ice acting that way. All the teams are so good now that the difference between winning and losing is in the players heads and they can't play at the top of their game when they watch their team mates play like that. (Hacking/slashing and just acting plain silly with too much garbage talk)
Just some advice, next time mix in some spaces between sentences, incoherent thoughts are easier to laugh at when the drivel doesn't just melt together.

If you were as much of hockey expert as you declare, there would have been a better chance of you ACTUALLY diagnosing what the Canucks main problems have been in this series.

Since actual knowledge may actually do you some good in future posts on this board, I'm going to refrain from telling you what the most pressing issues are just so we can once again be treated to a potential village idiot post.

Cheers, and welcome to the board Merf!
Ellyn84
AHL Prospect

Post by Ellyn84 »

rats19 wrote:There is not a team in the nhl that is excempt from what you describe. So to what level then is acceptible, we dont like head snapping fall down like u were shot. The teams that do more of It are those that get the short end of the stick on calls, did I say no team Is excempt..yah I did. So really all I have to say to you merf is that no one should throw stones when they live In glass houses. :scowl:
I also agree with your comment Rats19. I have watched non Canuck games and have noticed there is a good amount of the same thing happening on the ice that Canucks are constantly being vilified for. Why aren't these other teams called on these tactics? I am not looking through rosy-coloured glasses, and understand that Canucks are no angels but do find it hard to comprehend why the Canucks are being spot-lighted on every move. Even the Maple leaves do not have the same type of scrutiny that the Canucks do. *that I am aware of*
*sigh*

GO CANUCKS!
Ellyn84
AHL Prospect

Post by Ellyn84 »

[quote="Merf"] Alot of guys in the dressing room look around and wish they didn't have a canuck jersey on most games.

Merf, do you have a source - fly-on-the-wall maybe - in the Canucks dressing room so you can legitimately say that players "wish they don't have a canuck jersey on"? I believe you need to rethink that statement. Or prove it.