GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Postby rockalt » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:16 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Who says rebuild. I'm talking about what the Flyers did after being ousted in the playoffs early after going to the Finals and losing in the Finals the previous year. What they did in the off-season was fucking brilliant GM-ing if you ask me.

Well yeah, everything except handing Bryzgalov a 9 year $51 million contract! :lol:

I agree with you that the overhaul has been incredibly impressive but that is one glaring mistake which was obvious from the beginning. Bryzgalov has had some great years but he also happened to play behind an extremely defensively sound team for those years and also had some lacklustre playoff performances under his belt.

As amazing as the Flyers have played so far, they are going nowhere with Bryzgalov in net. You think Luo's inconsistency is bad? Us Canuck fans have it easy in this department!
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Postby Strangelove » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Still at game lineup for mens bathroom look like the womens roo
O yea a game of some sort is playing

Game on! Hike up yer skirt Reef!

Careful, there might be a sick bunny under there! :shock:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby clem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Strangelove wrote:I expected to see some pissin & moanin in this thread but GOOD GAWD it's like a fucking morgue in here!!
Last time I checked it's a best-of-seven, not a best-of-three....

The Canucks’ dilemma isn’t the end of the world, but some seem to think you can see it from here.

This is however, good theatre. Better than many threads here. Certainly better than a mix of non-hockey drivel and emoticons.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:39 pm

clem wrote:This is however, good theatre. Better than many threads here. Certainly better than a mix of non-hockey drivel and emoticons.

UMMMMMMM this is a game-day thread not an off-season-autopsy thread.

I came here to read comments on the game, sadly there are very few.

So I figured it was fair to throw in an upskirt post.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby clem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:50 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
clem wrote:. Less smurfs (Raymond, Ebbett) might help.

Curious, who are you replacing the Smurfs with? These two are considered skill guys, are you replacing them with more stone hands tough guys that will massively intimidate the likes of Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown, Doughty into little school children? If anything, I can understand sitting Ebbet, but at least with Raymond, he is noticeable and trying to make things happen offensively, but hey, if ya think scoring isn't our problem right now, maybe you are right. Maybe Bitz for Raymond will help solve their offensive woes. Not.

If there is one player taking up space is Kassian. He's just completely lost out there.

The smurfs can be platooned between games to either take lumps drawing penalties/collecting points, or heal up. The two of them contributed a total of one point in the series. We might use Weise, Oreo, or Reinprecht in game 3. Bitz is a game four option.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby clem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Strangelove wrote:
clem wrote:This is however, good theatre. Better than many threads here. Certainly better than a mix of non-hockey drivel and emoticons.

UMMMMMMM this is a game-day thread not an off-season-autopsy thread.

I came here to read comments on the game, sadly there are very few.

So I figured it was fair to throw in an upskirt post.

Not suggesting it was inappropriate to comment on the mood. However, some (other) threads have less content, & hold less interest. It might be fair to say much of this belongs in the series thread, but at least it's here.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:00 pm

clem wrote:
royal wrote:If there is one player taking up space is Kassian. He's just completely lost out there.

The smurfs can be platooned between games to either take lumps drawing penalties/collecting points, or heal up. The two of them contributed a total of one point in the series. We might use Weise, Oreo, or Reinprecht in game 3. Bitz is a game four option.

LOL i don't think you will ever see Oreo in another Canuck game buddy!

Pretty sure Kassian stays in there, if not I'd expect to see Weise.

How about Weise in for Raymond? :wink:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby clem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Strangelove wrote:
clem wrote:
royal wrote:If there is one player taking up space is Kassian. He's just completely lost out there.

LOL i don't think you will ever see Oreo in another Canuck game buddy!

Pretty sure Kassian stays in there, if not I'd expect to see Weise.

How about Weise in for Raymond? :wink:

Or Ebbett - chose your smurf.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:06 pm

clem wrote:However, some (other) threads have less content, & hold less interest. It might be fair to say much of this belongs in the series thread, but at least it's here.

Personally I'm not interested in reading a premature off-season-autopsy right now.

Wrong time of the year and I was not happy about having to wade through all that crap.

Or maybe I'm just a little pissed that my favorite team is behind the 8-ball right now....
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:08 pm

clem wrote:Or Ebbett - chose your smurf.

Ebbett is, as expected, a little rusty right now.

But it seems from here that his balls are twice the size of Tiny Ray's. :wink:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby clem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Strangelove wrote:Personally I'm not interested in reading a premature off-season-autopsy right now.
You invite an obvious question.

Wrong time of the year and I was not happy about having to wade through all that crap.
Or maybe I'm just a little pissed that my favorite team is behind the 8-ball right now....

Understandable. There's some collective commiseration.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:25 pm

clem wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Personally I'm not interested in reading a premature off-season-autopsy right now.

Hey I've participated in about 16 fuckin Canucks message-board off-season-autopsies.

Right now I choose to believe that this summer we'll be too busy basking in Lord Stanley's glow. :thumbs:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby clem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Strangelove wrote:
clem wrote:

Hey I've participated in about 16 fuckin Canucks message-board off-season-autopsies.

Right now I choose to believe that this summer we'll be too busy basking in Lord Stanley's glow. :thumbs:

I hope your right.

That looks like more than one board for you, too many for me.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Waffle » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Anyone else watching any of the games in the other series?

The refereeing is really no different this year than last, and it is unbelievable the stuff they let go and the variability in the calls from team to team.

Welcome to the swamp....errrrr NHL playoffs.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Postby okcanuck » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:07 am

Waffle wrote:Anyone else watching any of the games in the other series?

The refereeing is really no different this year than last, and it is unbelievable the stuff they let go and the variability in the calls from team to team.

Welcome to the swamp....errrrr NHL playoffs.

It really is something isn't it? I'm no expert on hockey,but I really think the NHlL has a huge problem on their hands. There is absolutely no consistency in the refs calls from period to period let alone game to game.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum