Down 2 to 0 to 8th seed team

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

St Ides Brew

Down 2 to 0 to 8th seed team

Post by St Ides Brew »

Hey guys. Visiting Ranger fan here. Just a quick question. Are you going to be rioting again this year if you lose this series? The only reason I ask is because you did so when you lost the finals to Boston last year..... and also back in 1994 when we beat you..... and in 2010 over the olympics for some reason. Wow you guys like to riot. So um, if you lose to the Kings, are you going to take it to the city streets again? Do you only riot when losing the finals, or is losing to an 8th seed team after being the top overall seed a good enough reason? Trying to understand. :P
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Re: Down 2 to 0 to 8th seed team

Post by rockalt »

Hey Rangers fan, congratulations on your one playoff victory thus far. You must be pretty excited after choking in game 82.
St Ides Brew

Post by St Ides Brew »

That's hardly an answer to my serious question. But I will answer yours. Losing that last game of the season didn't matter since we won't be playing you guys, since your almost done already. So we still have a higher seed against anyone else. Winning the President's trophy doesn't mean so much. If you don't believe me, see last season's President's trophy winner.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

We only riot when we lose game 7 of the Stanley Cup if didn't notice. smh
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

St Ides Brew wrote:That's hardly an answer to my serious question. But I will answer yours. Losing that last game of the season didn't matter since we won't be playing you guys, since your almost done already. So we still have a higher seed against anyone else. Winning the President's trophy doesn't mean so much. If you don't believe me, see last season's President's trophy winner.
one cup in 68 years :shock: maybe you should get serious first
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

St Ides Brew wrote:That's hardly an answer to my serious question. But I will answer yours. Losing that last game of the season didn't matter since we won't be playing you guys, since your almost done already. So we still have a higher seed against anyone else. Winning the President's trophy doesn't mean so much. If you don't believe me, see last season's President's trophy winner.
Don't expect one when you make such an inflammatory remark.

The fact of the matter is you have won all of one game thus far so your gloating at this stage is pretty ridiculous.

As for the 2-0 hole, it's obviously not a great position to be in but then again I thought the 2002 Red Wings were toast after we walked in and stole (and downright outplayed them) the first 2 games in Detroit. Then Cloutier lets in the back breaker and the rest is history.

Fact of the matter is there's no sense gloating this early in the game. I know I for one am not counting the likes of the Pens out just because they have looked terrible thus far. :mex:
St Ides Brew

Post by St Ides Brew »

SKYO wrote:We only riot when we lose game 7 of the Stanley Cup if didn't notice. smh
And when the olympics comes to town. But thanks for answering my question though. I guess if you guys do lose this series I shouldn't bother watching the news to see the riots since there won't be any.

I know we only got one win so far and it's early to gloat. I am in no way claiming victory for us. Anything can still happen. We just won the Superbowl, so if we don't win the cup we will survive. That said I do expect us to win.

My reason for coming here was curiosity. I was legitimately curious if I should be expecting riots if you guys make an early exit.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

St Ides Brew wrote:
SKYO wrote:We only riot when we lose game 7 of the Stanley Cup if didn't notice. smh
And when the olympics comes to town. But thanks for answering my question though. I guess if you guys do lose this series I shouldn't bother watching the news to see the riots since there won't be any.

I know we only got one win so far and it's early to gloat. I am in no way claiming victory for us. Anything can still happen. We just won the Superbowl, so if we don't win the cup we will survive. That said I do expect us to win.

My reason for coming here was curiosity. I was legitimately curious if I should be expecting riots if you guys make an early exit.
lol no, there will be an excess of people in the drunk tank and thats about it.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

St Ides Brew wrote:

Exactly what Olympic riot are you talking about? In fact, the fact that the Olympic celebratins did not turn into a riot was one of the reasons the city/cops let their guard down.

You want to taunt, go ahead, but try to get your facts a little straight.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Lets take a look at the "storied" Rags franchise play-off record since 93-94 shall we. I started here because they won the cup in 94 (the fuckers had to get lucky once in forty years) and to go back further is just as bad if not worse than these years.

94-95 2nd rnd 5 games
95-96 2nd rnd 5 games
96-97 3rd rnd 5 games
97-98 missed play-offs
98-99 missed play-offs
99-00 missed play-offs
00-01 missed play-offs
01-02 missed play-offs
02-03 missed play-offs
03-04 missed play-offs
04-05 season cancelled mercifully for the Rags
05-06 1st rnd 4 games
06-07 2nd rnd 6 games
07-08 2nd rnd 5 games
08-09 1st rnd
09-10 missed play-offs
10-11 1st rnd 5 games

At least we've had something to riot about
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SIB: you troll therefore you are.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….