GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Robert wrote:Do you know what's ALMOST as disgusting as going down two zip? It's watching those assbitches smile laugh and text with good seats as this is being played out.
Holy shit Robert, i just thought the same and yelling at them watchingthe game on tv. Therefore i'm never going again to a game to the garage, too much of these uninterested bunnies who don't even really work for their money. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

And finally it's not over, my drinking yes but not this series, next game is fuckin' "cruzifying" (sic).
Have a good night.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

so what now... do they go with Schneider in LA? I know its not Luongo's fault, they hung him out to dry at times. but it seems like we need to steal some momentum back with a stone wall goaltending performance and Luongo still let in a softy in game one and sure didn't seem like he could move laterally very well tonight. :(
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:Well, this totally sucks, of course, but if we take game 3, we all know, momentum shifts. Not saying I'm optimistic, but got to hold out hope...game 3 it is, do or die boys.

Ya I agree this series is not over and won't be until someone wins 4 games, its just the lack of confidence this year in the team. Even when we headed to game 7 against Boston I believed we would win it. I just don't have that feeling this year. But it ain't over until it is over and I will be cheering them on.

I like the LA team, I really like what they have built there.

As an aside, I imagine the Pens are not feeling too good about themselves right now either.
I agree with your assessment HW. As for the Kings - wow - are they up for this series. Anyway, How about those Coyotes - flying under the radar.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ukcanuck wrote:so what now... do they go with Schneider in LA? I know its not Luongo's fault, they hung him out to dry at times. but it seems like we need to steal some momentum back with a stone wall goaltending performance and Luongo still let in a softy in game one and sure didn't seem like he could move laterally very well tonight. :(
No. I wouldn't. Playing Schneider would be an unbelievable slap in the face to Luongo since Luongo has played quite well for us.

Lou isn't perfect but he deserves to play in my opinion.

The way the Canucks finished the game tonight - I actually feel ok heading into game 3. The Canucks outplayed the Kings tonight and if you take away those 2 flukey short handed goals, it becomes a completely different game. Canucks outhit, outshot, and won more face-offs than the Kings tonight.
NorCalNucks
CC Rookie

Post by NorCalNucks »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:so what now... do they go with Schneider in LA? I know its not Luongo's fault, they hung him out to dry at times. but it seems like we need to steal some momentum back with a stone wall goaltending performance and Luongo still let in a softy in game one and sure didn't seem like he could move laterally very well tonight. :(
No. I wouldn't. Playing Schneider would be an unbelievable slap in the face to Luongo since Luongo has played quite well for us.

The way the Canucks finished the game tonight - I actually feel ok heading into game 3. The Canucks outplayed the Kings tonight and if you take away those 2 flukey short handed goals, it becomes a completely different game. Canucks outhit, outshot, and won more face-offs than the Kings tonight.
I agree, Lu has earned the right to stay but I also think that by switching in Schneider might help spice things up. Didn't get to watch the entire game tonight but from what I saw Lu was solid if not great. In fact I thought the whole team played much better and not much of the diving/whining was happening. I was waiting for penalties when Kesler got elbowed and Henrik got checked from behind and all hell broke loose. But I guess my untrained eyes were no match with the pros.....
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Farhan Lalji wrote:

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Farhan Lalji wrote:

Nobody on this team deserves anything at this point of time.

The fact of the matter is, we have two #1 goalies on our team. Regardless of how well Luo played, the team has lost two straight playoff games and having a fresh face in goal may be the thing that sparks our team.

- If AV puts in ginger, ginger plays well and we lose game 3, we can definitely conclude that it's not our goaltender.

- If AV puts in ginger, ginger plays poorly and we lose game 3, nobody can say it was a bad decision considering how well ginger has played the entire season.

- If AV puts in ginger and we win, AV looks like a genius.

Doing something is better than doing nothing because doing nothing has put us in a 2 game hole.

Unbelievable slap to the face of Luo? Deserves to play? Luo's feelings should be the furthest thing from everyone's mind. Winning is all that matters no matter how we do it and whatever changes are needed.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This is true this as it was last. We are a different team when we play with the lead. When we get up by one, even better two, we get to play more of our own game. When we fall behind we become individuals.

Game three it is crucial for us to get the lead and take the game to LA. Yes, we can do, I just don't feel too confident saying that. All I ask, really, is not to be embarrassed. Put 110% on the line and I will live with the result.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

mathonwy wrote:
Nobody on this team deserves anything at this point of time.

The fact of the matter is, we have two #1 goalies on our team. Regardless of how well Luo played, the team has lost two straight playoff games and having a fresh face in goal may be the thing that sparks our team.

- If AV puts in ginger, ginger plays well and we lose game 3, we can definitely conclude that it's not our goaltender.

- If AV puts in ginger, ginger plays poorly and we lose game 3, nobody can say it was a bad decision considering how well ginger has played the entire season.

- If AV puts in ginger and we win, AV looks like a genius.

Doing something is better than doing nothing because doing nothing has put us in a 2 game hole.

Unbelievable slap to the face of Luo? Deserves to play? Luo's feelings should be the furthest thing from everyone's mind. Winning is all that matters no matter how we do it and whatever changes are needed.

The guy plays great and still we want to throw him under the bus. Won't blame him one bit if he asks for a trade.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote: The guy plays great and still we want to throw him under the bus. Won't blame him one bit if he asks for a trade.
Do you think that I'm throwing Luo under the bus?

I don't think I am in any sense.

I'm just looking at the options available to the Canucks and making a logical decision.

Something needs to change and as we have another #1 goalie, why not start him?

If Luo asks for a trade then he asks for a trade. Big frickin deal. He is a professional athlete that doesn't need to be coddled.

I seriously don't see what the big fuss is about. It's called asset management.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

If the Canucks need to put in Schneider to "spice things up", then this team has no business advancing to the next round anyways.

Lou deserves to play. He has been very solid for us and the Canucks need to find other ways to get motivated........as if being down 2-0 wasn't enough motivation anyways. :roll:
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

We saw the movie The Three Stooges this afternoon. While watching the Vancouver defence at times tonight I thought I was back at the movie. The Canucks need Edler to play better, and it is hard not to wonder if it is possible considering his year. But we live in hope. It won't matter who plays goal next game if the defence is out to lunch.

I am one Canuck fan who doesn't care if they are yappy or whiny or diving, IF they are putting the puck in the net and winning games. If they aren't, then shut up and focus on your playing, and let it do the talking. If you are focused on what insult you can think of next, or who you can take a run at, or you are pissed because someone hit you, you are not focused on putting the puck in the net and your play is going to suffer.

There is no way MG made the Kassian trade thinking that he was going to contribute to the team this playoff year. Hodgson would definitely be a defensive liability this year the way Kopitar and Richards and Stoll are playing, and he would not get enough power play time to make up for his 5v5 deficiencies in my opinion. Remember, we are supposed to be like Detroit, and make the playoffs every year for the next couple of decades, and hope that we get lucky one year and win the cup. Winning it this year didn't seem to be the highest priority, judging by the trade, but oh well, some of us may still be alive when the Canucks win a cup.

It seems to me that RD is saying that he thinks that the Canucks need a player in place of Malhotra who though unlikely to be as good defensively, could be much better offensively and could pick up the slack when the top lines are sputtering. I think that we can all agree that if your 4th line can outscore whoever the opponents throw out against them, and that whoever the opponent throws out against your other lines don't take adavantage of them, it would be a definite bonus, and there is likely very little chance of Malhotra doing that. Finding such a player and being able to afford them would seem to be the problems.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Waffle wrote: Remember, we are supposed to be like Detroit, and make the playoffs every year for the next couple of decades, and hope that we get lucky one year and win the cup. Winning it this year didn't seem to be the highest priority, judging by the trade, but oh well, some of us may still be alive when the Canucks win a cup.
Hell yeah i can't sleep but still alive, do it like the Rockstars Red Wings, i still remember the series winning both games in Detroit and then came the Cloutch.....a Quick Cloutch is all we need now. :devil:

Go Canucks Go in 6 right now....
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup we should have kept Ehrhoff and Hodgson. lol

Team's been waiting all year for the playoffs and they could get swept in the first round?, ffs, they need more offense so they should bring in Ebbett at least.

Additionally I wonder if the team will play better if we put in Schneids?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.