GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 am

This is true this as it was last. We are a different team when we play with the lead. When we get up by one, even better two, we get to play more of our own game. When we fall behind we become individuals.

Game three it is crucial for us to get the lead and take the game to LA. Yes, we can do, I just don't feel too confident saying that. All I ask, really, is not to be embarrassed. Put 110% on the line and I will live with the result.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:33 am

mathonwy wrote:
Nobody on this team deserves anything at this point of time.

The fact of the matter is, we have two #1 goalies on our team. Regardless of how well Luo played, the team has lost two straight playoff games and having a fresh face in goal may be the thing that sparks our team.

- If AV puts in ginger, ginger plays well and we lose game 3, we can definitely conclude that it's not our goaltender.

- If AV puts in ginger, ginger plays poorly and we lose game 3, nobody can say it was a bad decision considering how well ginger has played the entire season.

- If AV puts in ginger and we win, AV looks like a genius.

Doing something is better than doing nothing because doing nothing has put us in a 2 game hole.

Unbelievable slap to the face of Luo? Deserves to play? Luo's feelings should be the furthest thing from everyone's mind. Winning is all that matters no matter how we do it and whatever changes are needed.

The guy plays great and still we want to throw him under the bus. Won't blame him one bit if he asks for a trade.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby mathonwy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:40 am

Hockey Widow wrote:The guy plays great and still we want to throw him under the bus. Won't blame him one bit if he asks for a trade.

Do you think that I'm throwing Luo under the bus?

I don't think I am in any sense.

I'm just looking at the options available to the Canucks and making a logical decision.

Something needs to change and as we have another #1 goalie, why not start him?

If Luo asks for a trade then he asks for a trade. Big frickin deal. He is a professional athlete that doesn't need to be coddled.

I seriously don't see what the big fuss is about. It's called asset management.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Farhan Lalji » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:50 am

If the Canucks need to put in Schneider to "spice things up", then this team has no business advancing to the next round anyways.

Lou deserves to play. He has been very solid for us and the Canucks need to find other ways to get motivated........as if being down 2-0 wasn't enough motivation anyways. :roll:
Farhan Lalji

Postby Waffle » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:19 am

We saw the movie The Three Stooges this afternoon. While watching the Vancouver defence at times tonight I thought I was back at the movie. The Canucks need Edler to play better, and it is hard not to wonder if it is possible considering his year. But we live in hope. It won't matter who plays goal next game if the defence is out to lunch.

I am one Canuck fan who doesn't care if they are yappy or whiny or diving, IF they are putting the puck in the net and winning games. If they aren't, then shut up and focus on your playing, and let it do the talking. If you are focused on what insult you can think of next, or who you can take a run at, or you are pissed because someone hit you, you are not focused on putting the puck in the net and your play is going to suffer.

There is no way MG made the Kassian trade thinking that he was going to contribute to the team this playoff year. Hodgson would definitely be a defensive liability this year the way Kopitar and Richards and Stoll are playing, and he would not get enough power play time to make up for his 5v5 deficiencies in my opinion. Remember, we are supposed to be like Detroit, and make the playoffs every year for the next couple of decades, and hope that we get lucky one year and win the cup. Winning it this year didn't seem to be the highest priority, judging by the trade, but oh well, some of us may still be alive when the Canucks win a cup.

It seems to me that RD is saying that he thinks that the Canucks need a player in place of Malhotra who though unlikely to be as good defensively, could be much better offensively and could pick up the slack when the top lines are sputtering. I think that we can all agree that if your 4th line can outscore whoever the opponents throw out against them, and that whoever the opponent throws out against your other lines don't take adavantage of them, it would be a definite bonus, and there is likely very little chance of Malhotra doing that. Finding such a player and being able to afford them would seem to be the problems.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Postby Cookie La Rue » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:43 am

Waffle wrote: Remember, we are supposed to be like Detroit, and make the playoffs every year for the next couple of decades, and hope that we get lucky one year and win the cup. Winning it this year didn't seem to be the highest priority, judging by the trade, but oh well, some of us may still be alive when the Canucks win a cup.

Hell yeah i can't sleep but still alive, do it like the Rockstars Red Wings, i still remember the series winning both games in Detroit and then came the Cloutch.....a Quick Cloutch is all we need now. :devil:

Go Canucks Go in 6 right now....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby SKYO » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:17 am

Yup we should have kept Ehrhoff and Hodgson. lol

Team's been waiting all year for the playoffs and they could get swept in the first round?, ffs, they need more offense so they should bring in Ebbett at least.

Additionally I wonder if the team will play better if we put in Schneids?
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:22 am

Farhan Lalji wrote:If the Canucks need to put in Schneider to "spice things up", then this team has no business advancing to the next round anyways.

Lou deserves to play. He has been very solid for us and the Canucks need to find other ways to get motivated........as if being down 2-0 wasn't enough motivation anyways. :roll:

Its not about motivation its about not giving up crucial goals at fucking killer points in the game. I love luongo and think that the Canucks don't have two pressies without him, but come on, should we just book tee times with a potential answer just sitting on the bench?

for the millions these guys are making its like Clint said..."deserves' got nothin to do with it"
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:41 am

SKYO wrote:Yup we should have kept Ehrhoff and Hodgson. lol

Yes because they would be winning the series 2 - 0 if they had Ehrhoff and Cody.

They would have won both games 5-0 at least. Ehrhoff would probably be sitting with 2 goals and 6 assists with 18 hits and be +7, while Cody would likely have 5 points himself.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:47 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:Yup we should have kept Ehrhoff and Hodgson. lol

Yes because they would be winning the series 2 - 0 if they had Ehrhoff and Cody.

They would have won both games 5-0 at least. Ehrhoff would probably be sitting with 2 goals and 6 assists with 18 hits and be +7, while Cody would likely have 5 points himself.

Just a few points off, but agreed.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 am

I think I'm going to join the troll gang. Be a baby , jump up and down and piss and moan about everything every time the Canucks lose a game.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:56 am

what if they lose 4 in a row?

haha you can only laugh if they do, if you are a die hard Canucks fan!
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 am

Cliche: its not over till its over...
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Larry Goodenough » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:38 am

Fuck, that was hard to watch.

Hard to watch because Vancouver was the overall better team. Double the scoring chances, 48 shots on net

3 bonehead plays resulted in 3 goals. 4 goals scored by LA despite only 10 scoring chances.

The heartbreaking part of the playoffs was on display last night - a hot goalie stones you or your mistakes go in instead of off the post. The small sample allows for luck and and/or a hot player to greatly influence the game.

The questions going forward - can LA keep their unsustainable shooting and save percentages long enough to knock Vancouver out. Or is there enough time left for the percentages to regress to the mean allowing for the better team to "get some breaks"
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby SKYO » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:39 am

Quick trying to be MVP.
SKYO
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum