GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by mathonwy »

Arachnid wrote:Meh, put Cory in...see where it goes...still don't see anyone putting their money where their fat fucking mouth is....fucking coward...betting against their own team would be fucking awesome.... :drink:
Who are you talking to you drunk bastard?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Arachnid wrote:Meh, put Cory in...see where it goes...still don't see anyone putting their money where their fat fucking mouth is....fucking coward...betting against their own team would be fucking awesome.... :drink:
*crickets*......uh huh
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:
Who are you talking to you drunk bastard?
Hmmmmmm can't saaaaaaay lest I be banned for staying on the bandwagon.....

Not as drunk as Wdenesday.... :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I have no faith in this team or its coaching staff. We have watched them play this kind of beer league calibre hockey for almost 2 months. Yes there have been some explosions on the scoreboard, yes there have been nights where the PP clicked, but since the all-star break we have seen a steady decline in this team's performance outside of the crease.

Every opponent we have faced has read our mail. They have known our playbook at least as well as our own players and they have setup accordingly. To this point our coaching staff has added NOTHING to that playbook to throw the other team off even an iota. Our defensemen turn the puck over almost every time they get pressured down low in our end. Our wingers try these weak chip passes out to the slot that don't have enough mustard on them to make a worthwhile hotdog, our penalty kill lets the other PP setup and then tries to contain them outside. Nothing is working there.

On offense our wingers get in each other's way, the point men can't handle a pass even if the forwards give them a good one, our shots don't get through, our weakside support is non-existant, the defense gets to every puck first, our dump and chase game is too slow and we enter the zone with all the speed of a wheel chair going up a ramp.

Our goaltending has been nothing short of stellar. Even despite Luongo's regular season gaffs, the President's Trophy should not read Vancouver Canucks 2011-2012, it should read Cory Schneider/Roberto Luongo 2011-2012.

Luongo has looked nothing but dialed in in the first two games, and the team in front of him can't even put it together for him. If these losers could give him a 2 point lead to work with he looks ready to win 16 games for them. I would say 1 goal would be enough but with the officiating and retarded players on this team we are bound to give up a goal while being down 2 men or in the box for 5 minutes.

Edler should sit and Rome should play. There it is, I said it. Edler is lost. He's slow, he's unfocused, he can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't hit, and we know he won't fight. Sit him, he's hurting us on the ice more than he's going to ever help us at this rate.

Hansen doesn't gel with Burrows and Hank. The whole time Henrik was controlling the puck he had nowhere to go and Burrows was scrambling to find room because Hansen just stood on the top of the crease and plugged up the entire slot. Nothing was finding its way anywhere but into the corner or under Quick for a whistle. He's playing hard, but just doens't fit that bill.

The Amex line showed up tonight. Kesler woke up, no finish though. Booth is a beast, no finish though.....and he can't pass in tight. Higgins was strong tonight, no finish though.

Officiating is on crack. No issue with what they called, it's how they have called it.

Snow shower on Quick = 2 minutes in game 1.
Snow shower on Luongo = Referee's laughing in game 2.
4 players crash the into the corner, sticks and elbows everywhere = 2 minutes for Kesler while the Canucks have momentum.
Henrik dumped on top of Quick by LA, scrum ensues = Kings powerplay.

This team is garbage right now and the league seems more than happy to take us out and dump us.

Kings in 4. And I'm not even joking.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:I have no faith in this team or its coaching staff. We have watched them play this kind of beer league calibre hockey for almost 2 months. Yes there have been some explosions on the scoreboard, yes there have been nights where the PP clicked, but since the all-star break we have seen a steady decline in this team's performance outside of the crease.

Every opponent we have faced has read our mail. They have known our playbook at least as well as our own players and they have setup accordingly. To this point our coaching staff has added NOTHING to that playbook to throw the other team off even an iota. Our defensemen turn the puck over almost every time they get pressured down low in our end. Our wingers try these weak chip passes out to the slot that don't have enough mustard on them to make a worthwhile hotdog, our penalty kill lets the other PP setup and then tries to contain them outside. Nothing is working there.

On offense our wingers get in each other's way, the point men can't handle a pass even if the forwards give them a good one, our shots don't get through, our weakside support is non-existant, the defense gets to every puck first, our dump and chase game is too slow and we enter the zone with all the speed of a wheel chair going up a ramp.

Our goaltending has been nothing short of stellar. Even despite Luongo's regular season gaffs, the President's Trophy should not read Vancouver Canucks 2011-2012, it should read Cory Schneider/Roberto Luongo 2011-2012.

Luongo has looked nothing but dialed in in the first two games, and the team in front of him can't even put it together for him. If these losers could give him a 2 point lead to work with he looks ready to win 16 games for them. I would say 1 goal would be enough but with the officiating and retarded players on this team we are bound to give up a goal while being down 2 men or in the box for 5 minutes.

Edler should sit and Rome should play. There it is, I said it. Edler is lost. He's slow, he's unfocused, he can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't hit, and we know he won't fight. Sit him, he's hurting us on the ice more than he's going to ever help us at this rate.

Hansen doesn't gel with Burrows and Hank. The whole time Henrik was controlling the puck he had nowhere to go and Burrows was scrambling to find room because Hansen just stood on the top of the crease and plugged up the entire slot. Nothing was finding its way anywhere but into the corner or under Quick for a whistle. He's playing hard, but just doens't fit that bill.

The Amex line showed up tonight. Kesler woke up, no finish though. Booth is a beast, no finish though.....and he can't pass in tight. Higgins was strong tonight, no finish though.

Officiating is on crack. No issue with what they called, it's how they have called it.

Snow shower on Quick = 2 minutes in game 1.
Snow shower on Luongo = Referee's laughing in game 2.
4 players crash the into the corner, sticks and elbows everywhere = 2 minutes for Kesler while the Canucks have momentum.
Henrik dumped on top of Quick by LA, scrum ensues = Kings powerplay.

This team is garbage right now and the league seems more than happy to take us out and dump us.

Kings in 4. And I'm not even joking.
...and another one...Image
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

It's a long shot that Daniel can come back & tip the scales, but....a better one than expecting AV to come up with new & brilliant scheme. Win or lose - I don't want to rush Daniel.

The officials didn't cost us either game. The Canucks got outplayed, fair & square.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

This series goes 7. This team needs to show some character and gut a couple out in LA to make it happen. Lou has made some outstanding saves the first 2 games, but has been swimming on a couple of goals. Put Schneids in - Lou isn't our main problem but the team plays diffently in front of Schneids. Need to try it.

And please, please, AV, PLAY LAPPY WITH HANK AND BURR. He grinds and adds an element of nastiness needed against the LA defense. Do it.
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

Bear in mind the mighty Pens are in the same boat as us -- and allowed 8 goals. Giroux with a seven point night. So we won't be the only ones having nightmares tonight.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

stoneboat wrote:Bear in mind the mighty Pens are in the same boat as us -- and allowed 8 goals. Giroux with a seven point night. So we won't be the only ones having nightmares tonight.

WTF has that got to do with us? I for one don't feel any better...
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Well, they got 48 shots and they battled. No dumb penalties that I could see. It was pretty bad luck/fortune/whatever that they couldn't recover the puck after Lu made an excellent toe save on Kopitar. The second shorty was in some ways a bad pass... Hamhuis was caught backing away looking for a different angle and the pass missed him... couple that with what looked like crap ice and Brown was away. The PP goal was just ugly whacking that sometimes goes in. The Kings are forechecking like a pack of wolves, it's remarkably effective; then at the other end they're getting very opportunistic goals. They look a little destined to win, for the moment. I'm sure the Canucks will battle harder still in game three, and if they win that, things could turn around.

a few random thoughts:

- I don't think the ice looked very good out there tonight... the puck was bouncing like crazy, that is 100% in LA's favour
- Amex played well for stretches, and Booth had a superb - perfectly legal - hit on... actually can't remember who
- Raymond was actually pretty effective. He was skating hard and managed to create a little offense (really, not kidding). Made some important backchecks to keep it close, too.
- Edler... isn't hitting and isn't comfortable out there. Can't say what we can possibly do about that.
- It's much more about how LA are performing than how the Canucks are. Don't know what it is about hockey fans, but it's always the losing team that choked, never the winning team that played great.
- This Kings team the way they currently are playing would have won a hell of a lot more games this season than the group they iced for most of the year.

And TIMING IS EVERYTHING.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

FUCK

That is all for now.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Funny I'm not even angry right now. I guess because I think the Kings simply have been the better team and deserve the wins. Please LA, make it as painless as possible.
The only HW the Canucks need
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

No, no. Screw that. Tie it up and make it a best of three.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Arachnid wrote:
A hot goalie is a hot goalie...I said it before...if you actually play/played the game you might understand...I really do think the pressure is on LA now...win it at home...AV got us to game 7 of the Final last year and I have faith that they can do it again...although some losers think they are done...it's the playoffs baby.... 8-)

Gotta admit though the Kings are hustling to the puck...defensively...we still have more talent....
I agree with my good cyber cousin Spidey. ;)

The Kings aren't out of the wood yet and history has proven that coming back from 2-0 deficits isn't exact impossible. We of all people should know after the Cup Finals last year. Tampa came back from 3-1 down and beat Pitsburgh last year. Chicago, Detroit, and the Flyers won 3 straight games after being down 3-0 in their respective series.

In 1994 - we were down 3-1 to BOTH the Flames and Rangers and came back to tie it.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that the Canucks outplayed the Kings tonight and just had a bit of bad luck on special teams. If the Canucks play the way they did in the end there however, then I can definitely see us coming back.

We are certainly down, but we are definitely not out.

I warned this message board about the consequences of the Canucks not giving it all during the latter course of the regular season (only playing to their maximum ability in select games), but it's all irrelevant now. The fact of the matter is that I DO think that the Canucks found their intensity tonight and that this series is still far from over.

In 2002, the Redwings were also a little "rusty" when they played us in round 1........due to not being used to playing meaningful games......but we saw what happened after that.

p.s._________________I also think starting Schneider is a bad idea. Luongo has been very good for us and benching him at this point, would be a huge slap in the face to him. Lou deserves better than that.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Hockey Widow wrote:Funny I'm not even angry right now. I guess because I think the Kings simply have been the better team and deserve the wins. Please LA, make it as painless as possible.
I feel the exact same waty.......but I don't agree that the Kings have been the better team. They were certainly much better in game 1, but I thought that the Canucks outplayed them tonight.....and just got a bit unlucky with a few bounces here and there. That's just my take though.