Grow a Playoff Beerd Here!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Grow a Playoff Beerd Here!

Post by Arachnid »

Alrigh' I decided for the first round to be Eastern Canadian...for Max, Alex & Zack...

Beaver River I.P.Eh?
http://www.beaus.ca/beer/seasonals/beaver_river
Decidedly British North American with a lingering holiness hopiness happiness...no really, grest balance of bitter

For 2nd Period I polished a Barking Squirrel which I previously only had on tap...of course more maltier than the IPA still a clean and very tasty...and some kinda hops/nuts woof woof said the tree rat! http://www.hopcity.com/barking-squirrel/

In-between the periods and after a very stressful biased US Buttman conspiracy I was feeling ultra Canadian so went for a sweeeeeeeeet Maple Syrup Bock that made me do the happy dance with 7.2 seconds left...http://www.alesandmeads.com/

Maybe not the best but dammit, it's Fucking Canadian eh?Q!

For the 3rd I 'ave special Quebec beer....10% baby, like the heart of the team tonight...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Grow a Playoff Beerd Here!

Post by Arachnid »

I was saving it for OT....I learned my lesson Hockey/Beer Gods™ don't fuck with you....drink it! Drink it!™
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

In the first I sampled a fine half litre of water with a hint of squeezed lemon.

In the second a half litre with a pinch of brown flour.

The third, Rooibos white tea, two cups.

Ahhhh....
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:In the first I sampled a fine half litre of water with a hint of squeezed lemon.

In the second a half litre with a pinch of brown flour.

The third, Rooibos white tea, two cups.

Ahhhh....
what the...since when did you become a leaf fan? :evil:

i kid, i kid, i trained and ate nutritionally the other months since last june donny, the next two months is MY time...'sides...my liver carrying blobby this year (man down!) and the Beau's is organic 8-)
Last edited by Arachnid on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote:In the second a half litre with a pinch of brown flour.
It is called thin gruel.

But then Spidey is right.

When did you become a leaves fan?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Brewdog Punk IPA. With light caramel on the nose, just to take the pain of Strangelove's scorn away.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Red wine
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Muddust....:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Alrigh' I'm go'n all in...10% Belgian IPA form Quebec in honour of Luo, Max & Alex...

I might not be posting straight by the end of the night so I just want to let you guys all know I love you all in a hockeyerotic way 8-)

And this one is available in Van

http://www.vancouverbeerblog.com/?p=1706

Wow, just had a sip...I am calling on the BeerGod™ Dominus Lupulus to come forth and overpower the HockeyGods™ and victory shall prevail for the most Quebec-born players team

http://www.microbrasserie.com/index.html

Good thing I just have to walk to the living room...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arachnid wrote:I might not be posting straight by the end of the night so I just want to let you guys all know I love you all in a hockeyerotic way 8-)
Should I just take away your posting privileges now until the morning? ;)

As for me, I'll be having a 'Buffalo Sweat' stout from the Tallgrass Brewing Co. Not the best I've had, but it's in the fridge. Consumption is WAY down since the incident on the night of game 6 of last year's finals. :(
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I might not be posting straight by the end of the night so I just want to let you guys all know I love you all in a hockeyerotic way 8-)
Should I just take away your posting privileges now until the morning? ;)

As for me, I'll be having a 'Buffalo Sweat' stout from the Tallgrass Brewing Co. Not the best I've had, but it's in the fridge. Consumption is WAY down since the incident on the night of game 6 of last year's finals. :(
Only if we lose Corndog...which we won't, yeah, the Maple Bock I had Weds was not really all that good but what the hay eh?! It was there...and local... don't know if the marketing guys came up with 'Sweat' butt I'm not sure I would buy it... :lol:

My consumption is down too but % is higher (I had an 'incident' here too which I have never posted about after game seven...think 'quiet riot!' and yeah, it was Jerry Cheevers fault for buying me booze... ).
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

http://www.alhambrareserva1925.com/

All playoffs long baby!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

CorranHorn wrote:http://www.alhambrareserva1925.com/

All playoffs long baby!
I was just about to post that I was going to tap into my back porch supply of that this evening.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Topper wrote: I was just about to post that I was going to tap into my back porch supply of that this evening.
You my friend have excellent taste
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

CorranHorn wrote:http://www.alhambrareserva1925.com/

All playoffs long baby!
Hmmmm looks damn fine, jeez man this Domino Lingus (sp)is a delicious sipping beer...worth every penny... Look for it out there if you like Belgian Monks masterbating in the wort (in this case virgin Francophone women pissing in the hops 8-) ).
I tried to go to the above web site but it's all in French...Jr.is bilingual but just left for Battle of the Bands at his High School...I wanna read it Gad Danged it!

Cooking something goooood & healthy (*see weight gain)... goes excellent with this brewhaha 8-)