“The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby clem » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Kesler & Co don't have a monopoly on embellishment. They're in the spotlight because the team is news worthy.

The hate has to be good for orca bay sports & entertainment’s revenue. Think about how professional wrestling mined this vein for years. It's the age old saga of good versus evil. It's the way to get suckers coming back time & again in the hopes of seeing you lose.

It's time for those worried about the hate & image to put their panties on & look at the real world.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby vic » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:59 pm

clem wrote:Kesler & Co don't have a monopoly on embellishment. They're in the spotlight because the team is news worthy.

The hate has to be good for orca bay sports & entertainment’s revenue. Think about how professional wrestling mined this vein for years. It's the age old saga of good versus evil. It's the way to get suckers coming back time & again in the hopes of seeing you lose.

It's time for those worried about the hate & image to put their panties on & look at the real world.


Orca Bay sold the team years ago
User avatar
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby clem » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Pardon me - 'canucks sports & entertainment' - since 2008.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby mathonwy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:09 pm

clem wrote:It's time for those worried about the hate & image to put their panties on & look at the real world.

A little harsh methinks as sports fanaticism is a pretty powerful emotion.

So..

All of "Most Hated" rhetoric really got going when Damien Cox tweeted.

- And now Luongo joins in the early playoff fakery. Same ol' Canucks. Divers and fakers. Why rest of country hates 'em.

- All year long VAN said head-snapping ways were past. In the 1st period of 1st playoff game, Kesler shows that crap is still part of VAN game

- And he retweets - Chris Manuel ‏ @cmanuel9
@DamoSpin I'm a proud Canadian hockey fan but the crap the Canucks pull makes me hate them #gokingsgo
Retweeted by Damien Cox

Also, he's got a blog.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/

Based on the googling I did of Damien, he seems like a real hot head mob inciter.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby donlever » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:10 pm

clem wrote:Kesler & Co don't have a monopoly on embellishment. They're in the spotlight because the team is news worthy.



From my perspective I would not claim otherwise.

Ryan needs to be concentrating on other things though, like finding his form and getting this team going.

We rely heavily on the guy.

He may even be our most important player other than whomever is tending net.

Flopping and bitching ain't productive right now.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby clem » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 pm

mathonwy wrote:
clem wrote:It's time for those worried about the hate & image to put their panties on & look at the real world.

A little harsh methinks as sports fanaticism is a pretty powerful emotion.

So..

All of "Most Hated" rhetoric really got going when Damien Cox tweeted.

- And now Luongo joins in the early playoff fakery. Same ol' Canucks. Divers and fakers. Why rest of country hates 'em.

- All year long VAN said head-snapping ways were past. In the 1st period of 1st playoff game, Kesler shows that crap is still part of VAN game

- And he retweets - Chris Manuel ‏ @cmanuel9
@DamoSpin I'm a proud Canadian hockey fan but the crap the Canucks pull makes me hate them #gokingsgo
Retweeted by Damien Cox

Also, he's got a blog.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/

Based on the googling I did of Damien, he seems like a real hot head mob inciter.

The media laps up the hate angle because it sells. People may not like our team, but they know who we are.

My panties reference may have been an antagonistic indulgence (like embellishment). ;)
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby rats19 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Funny thought here: the most hated team might just have the most fans outside thier playing city.

Out of the 30 cities, what other team do you think has more fans attend games than the canucks?

Most hated most loved...

Now letsa listena toa tunea bya
I. Ron Butterflya
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4699
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby clem » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:16 pm

donlever wrote:
clem wrote:Kesler & Co don't have a monopoly on embellishment. They're in the spotlight because the team is news worthy.



From my perspective I would not claim otherwise.

Ryan needs to be concentrating on other things though, like finding his form and getting this team going.

We rely heavily on the guy.

He may even be our most important player other than whomever is tending net.

Flopping and bitching ain't productive right now.

Agree that Kesler could benefit from more focus.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:19 pm

And Cory apologizes to the Oilers and their organization for his comments. Sheesh...
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby clem » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Seems uncharacteristic of someone from Massechusets (queue Cornuck ?).

Maybe Vancouver or the Canucks organization is getting to him.
Last edited by clem on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby mathonwy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:And Cory apologizes to the Oilers and their organization for his comments. Sheesh...

Image
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby Cornuck » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm

clem wrote:Seems uncharacteristic of someone from Massechusets (queue Cornuck ?).


Never been there - I'm just a Surrey guy living in Nebraska.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby clem » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Cornuck wrote:
clem wrote:Seems uncharacteristic of someone from Massechusets (queue Cornuck ?).


Never been there - I'm just a Surrey guy living in Nebraska.

& I thought someone from Chester New England might give us the inside scoop - corny as that might sound.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby Meds » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm

The world is a sad place indeed when a guy has to apologize for telling the truth.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Meh.... Damien Cox has been known to lick a lot of cock.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3092
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest