2012 Playoffs Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

2012 Playoffs Injury Thread

Post by coco_canuck »

Good news for the Canucks this morning with both Daniel Sedin and Kassian back on the ice for practice.

For the Kings, Jeff Carter was also back skating with the team today, but he was wearing a different colour jersey.

Elsewhere around the league, Toews continues to practice, but signs point to him suiting up for the Hawks first game.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: 2012 Playoffs Injury Thread

Post by Corb »

Ballard on the ice too. I don't suspect they'll let Ballard back in the lineup unless someone gets injured - when was the last time he played?
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Elliot listed as day-to-day

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/ ... an_elliot/

My money is on Halak would be a better choice for the main starter in the playoffs anyway... makes me appreciate our netminding duo even more!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I mentioned the report briefly in the series thread but didn't really comment on it.

I wouldn't be shocked to not see Daniel in the lineup because as Crosby has noted a guy can be symptom free and cleared based on anything medical but still not feel quite right. That was the mistake Crosby made earlier in the year when he came back. This second time coming back he mentioned specifically he felt much better this time around despite being cleared before. Ballard has mentioned similar things of not feeling quite right despite being able to do everything.

I would be shocked if Daniel actually experienced a headache and they allowed him to skate the next day. I just don't think the canucks let him back on the ice at all after experiencing symptoms again.

With all that said what Dad wants or thinks might not mean anything. We'll know soon enough if Daniel has a game day skate with the team or not.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Good news was Daniel went out for a skate this morning before main practise.

I think he could be back for game 4, and maybe an outside chance for Sunday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

coco_canuck wrote:Good news was Daniel went out for a skate this morning before main practise.

I think he could be back for game 4, and maybe an outside chance for Sunday.
I curse Duncan Keith and his whole entire family.

I hope next time we meet, Kassian takes your head and smashes it into the end glass. I'll contribute $20 to the $2500 fine that will ensue.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

mathonwy wrote:
I hope next time we meet, Kassian takes your head and smashes it into the end glass. I'll contribute $20 to the $2500 fine that will ensue.

C'mon math, Kassian?

He'd get 10 games easy.
DeLevering since 1999.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Bad news on the Daniel front.

Via Krisin Reid's Twitter:

"I've been told not only will Daniel Sedin not travel to LA for Games 3 and 4- he will not be available at all in this series"

http://twitter.com/#!/reidder
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

coco_canuck wrote:Bad news on the Daniel front.

Via Krisin Reid's Twitter:

"I've been told not only will Daniel Sedin not travel to LA for Games 3 and 4- he will not be available at all in this series"

http://twitter.com/#!/reidder
Not good at all. The Canucks are in tough without him. Hope he's not suffering too much and will be ready for the second round providing the Canucks can show enough moxy to come back and win this series.