GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by coco_canuck »

Time to pull up your socks boys.

Also, stop trying to show how tough, and annoying you can be. This team is at its best when it maintains possession of the puck and is aggressive on the forecheck.

Don't go around looking for hits, go for the puck, and opportunities to take the body will present themselves.

Get back to playing Canucks hockey, and the series should go back to LA 1-1.

Kesler needs to tone down the diving, otherwise, he's an asshole, and wasn't everyone complaining about the lack of assholes?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I guess I just like the idea of Kassian getting out there with some players who can dominate possession. Let him soften up the defense, muck around in the corners and in front of Quick and create some space for those guys.

But perhaps putting Kassian and Hank with Burrows or Hansen would be a better way to go.

Besides, putting Raymond and Malhotra together might bring RD some balance in his feelings about the fourth line.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT - R1G2 - Canucks vs Kings 7PM PST CBC

Post by coco_canuck »

Agree about Kassian getting moved up and Malhotra being moved out.

I'm not a big Weise fan, but I'd rather have him on the wing than Manny, and I'd certainly rather have Ebbett, A.K.A. Tamby 2.0.

Burrows-Henrik-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Raymond
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Ebbett-Lapierre-Weise

The 4th line would't be intimidating, but they'd lay the body, and all three have speed and some skill to actually play some hockey.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

RoyalDude wrote:
dbr wrote: Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise
I think it's because the fact that the ever so useless Malhotra gets a guaranteed walk-on on into AV's line-up card that makes me a miserable poster. The guy is completely useless.
He's not a detriment to the team and with Dank out, that's what is most important at this point of time.

Manny is defensively responsible and will occasionally have a good shift on the O. He wins faceoffs like a champ and winning faceoffs = puck possession time. You can't score if you don't have the puck.

What makes you a miserable/bad/troll poster is your inability to evolve beyond who you are right now. For example, what you just said about Manny is pretty ignorant. I provided you with some statements on why Manny isn't useless. Now, take those facts, roll them around in your brain, do some research, and come back with an answer.

Or...you could do what you usually do which is say something like, I've always felt this way, it's my god given right to state my opinion and my opinion is the truth. Which is ignorance at its finest. I see these types of folks all the time on the tee vee living in trailer parks in butt-fuck-nowhere, America.

Learn and evolve. There are some incredibly intelligent posters on this board. Learn from them instead of donkey braying the same crap over and over and over again.

However, if you still feel like spewing the same ignorant shit over and over again, do it on CDC because as shown by donnie's post, it's getting pretty tiresome here.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:I think it's because the fact that the ever so useless Malhotra gets a guaranteed walk-on on into AV's line-up card that makes me a miserable poster. The guy is completely useless.
Last game the Canucks took 34 defensive zone faceoffs, Manny was 13/17 (76%) on those. The rest of the team was 8/17 (47%).

Source
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I think it's because the fact that the ever so useless Malhotra gets a guaranteed walk-on on into AV's line-up card that makes me a miserable poster. The guy is completely useless.
Last game the Canucks took 34 defensive zone faceoffs, Manny was 13/17 (76%) on those. The rest of the team was 8/17 (47%).

Source
And that's why I wouldnt take Manny out of the line up.

Kopitar and Richards are playing some very inspired hockey right now for the Kings. Manny is critical for those defensive zone faceoffs.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

RoyalDude wrote: I actually think it's a good idea as well. How can it hurt, our PP sucks massive. If I was AV I'd pull out the old tapes of what Byfuglien did to Lou when he was in Chicago. "Here you go Zack, this is your job on the PP" Make life miserable for Quick, but all within the lines of good sportsmanship :P
Would it be sportsmanlike to load Kassian up with beans and cabbage before the game too?

Not sure if it would be effective but holy shit (pun intended) would it be funny!
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Booth-Kesler-Higgins
Burrows-Sedin-Kassian
Hansen-Pahlsson-Raymond
Malhotra-Lapierre-Ebbett

Though big Dank skated lightly this morning. Has anyone spoken to his dad yet?

Friday the 13th seems like a perfect day for the "rest of the NHL's" antagonist to start playing some real hockey and remind everyone why they really hate this team.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Exactly. Hard to complain about that.

I think the Canucks will win with a solid, disciplined team effort tonight -- which will frustrate the hell out of the Kings.

LA was given every opporunity to win and they nearly didn't manage it. What happens when they don't get all of those power plays and the Canucks show up with a better game? They're doomed.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Seems like Rome and Weise stayed out late after practise.

Rumblings that Ballard and Ebbett will draw in tonight.

If you're looking to get back to an uptempo game, those are the right guys to dress.

A thought for game 3, I would not be surprised to see Cory get the start in goal, regardless of what happens tonight.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:Did you see Skeletor Gallagher agreeing with me
You should have quit while you were ahead.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

dbr wrote:

Source

And despite starting 17 shifts in the defensive zone and 0 (!) in the offensive zone, Malhotra was an even in 5 on 5 shots for/against when he was on the ice.

He was also on the ice for four 5 on 5 scoring chances vs zero against.

To call him "completely useless" would also put your player evaluation skills into the same "completely useless" or "ignorant" category.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mathonwy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
dbr wrote: Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise
I think it's because the fact that the ever so useless Malhotra gets a guaranteed walk-on on into AV's line-up card that makes me a miserable poster. The guy is completely useless.
He's not a detriment to the team and with Dank out, that's what is most important at this point of time.

Manny is defensively responsible and will occasionally have a good shift on the O. He wins faceoffs like a champ and winning faceoffs = puck possession time. You can't score if you don't have the puck.

What makes you a miserable/bad/troll poster is your inability to evolve beyond who you are right now. For example, what you just said about Manny is pretty ignorant. I provided you with some statements on why Manny isn't useless. Now, take those facts, roll them around in your brain, do some research, and come back with an answer.

Or...you could do what you usually do which is say something like, I've always felt this way, it's my god given right to state my opinion and my opinion is the truth. Which is ignorance at its finest. I see these types of folks all the time on the tee vee living in trailer parks in butt-fuck-nowhere, America.

Learn and evolve. There are some incredibly intelligent posters on this board. Learn from them instead of donkey braying the same crap over and over and over again.

However, if you still feel like spewing the same ignorant shit over and over again, do it on CDC because as shown by donnie's post, it's getting pretty tiresome here.
You feel better now Math? Man, that looked like it took effort. Now back to Manny regarding puck possession. WTF does it matter about puck possession when we don't have enough skill guys who can keep the puck when we get it. IMO its what u do with the puck when u get it. He can win face offs til the cows come home, eventual we will gain puck possession outside of face offs, the big concern is the inability to keep and trust me Manny may win face offs but he can fuck all offensively with it, I had a great belly laugh with your comment regarding Mannys Offense.

The most concerning stat from game was our shots, or lack there of
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Ebbett is in for Bitz, As per Farhan Lalji, it looks like Ballard is in for Rome. AV said Ballard was playing well and moving the puck well prior to his injury.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

donlever wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Seriously Leves, do you not agree with me regarding the cheap play of Kes, Lappy and Burrows? I like what those guys bring to the table when they just focus on playing the game hard, ie Kes against the Preds last year in the playoffs. I hate the shit with the refs, the whining, the yapping, penalty drawing crap, the cheap, little dirty, "who me?" "but I'm innocent" shit they pull. Get one with it, it's no wonder why we are so hated.
Right, but that's not the point Dude.

It's the boy who cried wolf syndrome.

Once it goes on to long people stop listening. It's both self aggrandizing and boring.

The post above is a far more reasoned way to make your point and is appreciated thusly.

So yes, to this point you are correct and I agree, that whiny, snivelly shit needs to stop.

From everyone yes....
Usually I write these things then go away for a while before posting them and then after cooling off, delete them before posting but this time it still pisses me off even after taking time for calm reflection...

All this talk about the Canucks players being whiners and divers from those fucking eastern bastards. Thats just water off a duck as far as I am concerned, but when our own fans buy into it, that makes me wonder what koolaid won't people swallow? ....What the fuck ever happened to "If you aint cheating you aint trying hard enough?" Give me 20 guys willing to do what it takes this side of murder or selling your grandmother and I''ll show you a championship team and don't even think about throwing dinosaur or unsportsmanlike accusations around, the 2011/2012 Bruins are the class of the league when it comes to dives, whining, revisionist lying and Plausible deniability from coaches and managers. It works for them and its worked for every team as far back as I can remember (well at least since the European invasion ) so why is it such a crime when the Canucks do it?

Personally I'm happy with Kesler, Burrows, and lapierre and anyone else on the team being assholes, in fact the bigger the better.

Its nasty but nice guys finish last