OOTS 11/12 playoff edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: OOTS 11/12 playoff edition

Post by wafflecombine »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:That is a hell of a pace in the Pens and Flyers game. Great hockey, end to end action, big hits and two teams that can really push the pace. F-in Eh we get OT.

The Preds and Wings is ok but it doesn't hold a candle to the Eastern game in terms of speed and physicality.
My thoughts exactly. Great comeback by the Flyers, and I was amazed to see them keep their composure.
Yeah, I agree. Its amazing how a call blown so badly can change the momentum of the game. Brierre almost 4 feet offside and that changed the tide.

Pens will come back in 2nd game. Much like I hope we do.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Brick Tamland wrote:I saw that Weber play live and thought it looked cheap. Now that i see the replay, damn that was something. I wonder how many games you get for punching someone in the back of the head, and then slamming their head into the glass.

My guess is that they'll go light on him, but you never know.
More likely that Bitz gets suspended than Weber.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392950

Attention. If you want to smash your opponent's superstar's head into the boards WWE style it'll cost you 2 minutes and $2500.

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I wonder what would have happened if that was a 5 or 6 defenceman and not Weber the golden boy.

I bet there would be a suspension. What a joke this league is.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Up till now, I've been pretty much ok with Shanahan's rulings. He's missed some here and there but considering this is his first season as league disciplinarian, I think he's done a great job and he's done it in a way that really connects with the hockey fan via video blogs and explanations.

But this particular incident with Weber is a massive fail. What Weber did to Z has no place in hockey and is NOT a hockey play. Just like the Duncan Keith elbow to Dank. THERE IS NO PLACE IN HOCKEY FOR WWE SLAMS OF THE HEAD INTO THE BOARDS.

Weber should have been suspended at least 1 game. Instead, it's like nothing happened.

Combine this massive suspension fail with the top-to-bottom horrible officiating in all of the games last night, you got an incredibly bad start to the 11/12 playoffs. Hope tonight will be better.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

mathonwy wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392950

Attention. If you want to smash your opponent's superstar's head into the boards WWE style it'll cost you 2 minutes and $2500.

Wow! That's truly pathetic.

There's intent, there's targetting the head, and it's after the game was over.

Hey, since he did it after the final whistle, that means they weren't playing hockey, right?
Should be an assault and battery charge then... Same as if he attacked some one out in the street. :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I saw that someone calculated how much a $2500 fine will hurt Weber. It's like fining a guy $23 who makes $70k a year. Why bother?

Like others have mentioned before and will again later - the league is a joke when it comes to discipline. Too bad Shanahan had to sell his soul and lose his reputation to find this out.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

This is because injury is a factor in Shanahan's decision process. It is a something I have never been able to accept.

It is a clear violation of the rules and deliberately targeted Zetterberg's head. Injury or not, if you are indeed serious about removing head shot injuries from the game, that is an offence worthy of a suspension.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:This is because injury is a factor in Shanahan's decision process. It is a something I have never been able to accept.

It is a clear violation of the rules and deliberately targeted Zetterberg's head. Injury or not, if you are indeed serious about removing head shot injuries from the game, that is an offence worthy of a suspension.
And when the league doesn't act, the team must. :evil:

Too bad the Red Wings don't have a player like Bertuzzi... er... waitaminute... :o

:twisted:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bitz should get at least one game, maybe 4, and deservedly so. And he will because he is a no name player. But what Keith did and what Weber did, and I love Weber, are completely disgusting. Weber should have gotten at lest 4 games for that.

I get the whole connection to injuries and I am fine with that. Not as the base to decide a suspension but as a factor to increase the length of the suspension. The base suspension for head shots should be set at a minimum of 5 games for first time offenders and increased for repeat offenders. If the head shot results in an injury then double it. It is a simple formula that has teeth.
The only HW the Canucks need
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Hockey Widow wrote:Bitz should get at least one game, maybe 4, and deservedly so. And he will because he is a no name player. But what Keith did and what Weber did, and I love Weber, are completely disgusting. Weber should have gotten at lest 4 games for that.
No suspension on Weber and Bitz ...which at least was a hockey play gets 2 game. The league is Mickey Mouse and Shanahan is Goofy
cheers
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bitz deserves his suspension and I have no problem with it. I have a major problem with Weber not getting anything. That is a joke.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Welcome one and all to...Disneys Comedy central...sit back relax.
Prepare to be exhilarated, exasperated, loved/hated ridiculed,frustrated,confused. Happy/angry, mortified,justified,moody,up,down. Belittled,stymied,exhausted,dumbfounded,demoralized,scrutinized,idolized.

It's the canucks playoffs afterall... :?:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Bitz deserves his suspension and I have no problem with it. I have a major problem with Weber not getting anything. That is a joke.
That's what happens when you are big time.
rats19 wrote:Welcome one and all to...Disneys Comedy central...sit back relax.
Prepare to be exhilarated, exasperated, loved/hated ridiculed,frustrated,confused. Happy/angry, mortified,justified,moody,up,down. Belittled,stymied,exhausted,dumbfounded,demoralized,scrutinized,idolized.

It's the canucks playoffs afterall... :?:
lol prozac for everyone!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.