GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7:30

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Kesler and Booth dried up as soon we as took Higgins off their line.
AV knows this is his year - do or die, if he doesn't pull it off, he's gone, and it's he who could be looking for a new job this offseason.

I bet before AV gets fired, he'll try the AMEX line once again.
Last edited by SKYO on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mathonwy wrote:
Good, you've said it all along.

Good, we all know how you feel about the job Gillis has done.

How many more times are you going to say this? What does repeating this over and over and over accomplish? (other than annoying the shit out of the other regulars because there is no ignore button).

You know what they call people that constantly say shit that annoys other people? Trolls.
You always call people a troll you don't agree with?

Smell the coffee, mathonwy. This team is highly overrated. It's how I've felt all year about them, sorry if this doesn't sit all that well with you. Gillis has a sinking ship on his hands.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Negative? Shoot me mathonwy, for not liking the on ice product. Would you rather me just be a Stepford Canuck Fan and wax on all day about how all is great in Canuck world? There are things I don't like about this group, I have been saying it all year. You all know how I feel about the job Gillis has done this year and most of his trades and drafting record. Whats' changed? Nothing.
hmm prozac I can offer you RD.

Even though we won the president trophy as the best team in the entire NHL world for two years straight, even getting to one more win for that trophy, yet we have a crappy chance to win it?
Last edited by SKYO on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

RoyalDude wrote: You always call people a troll you don't agree with?

Smell the coffee, mathonwy. This team is highly overrated. It's how I've felt all year about them, sorry if this doesn't sit all that well with you. Gillis has a sinking ship on his hands.
I don't really give a shit about agreeing or disagreeing with you RD. If you read my posts, it really is your posting behavior that I'm commenting on.

There ya go again. Saying the same thing over again. Holy fuck.

You really must a delusional person to not see what you're doing.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

SKYO wrote:Don't worry arach' I'll get old too, it's all good.
RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:In closing I will say hats off to Luongo tonight. AMAZING performance. If not for him this game was 4-0 in the first period and out of reach in the first 2 minutes.
I agree, the only bright spot on the night. The score could have been seriously ugly early if it weren't for him.
Another thing, is it me or is Salo finally starting to look, well, kind of like he's on his last legs. Not seeing the same ol' Salo we've grown to love.
Yup Salo's last season with the Canucks no doubt.

For this game we needed more from everyone, from the top line, 2nd line, 3rd line and less penalties from the 4th.

And the defense doesn't get off the hook for this, they better smarten up overall.
Man, you jus' don' git tit, youth is wasted on the young...old is the new young...V.I.A.G.A.R.A....ask yer sperm donor daddie..BD or FL 8-)

Is it me? or does one expect the cowardly superficial LaLa fans to show up in droves....
Last edited by Arachnid on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: You always call people a troll you don't agree with?

I don't really give a shit about agreeing or disagreeing with you RD. If you read my posts, it really is your posting behavior that I'm commenting on.

There ya go again. Saying the same thing over again. Holy fuck.

You really must a delusional person to not see what you're doing.
matony, don worry mon, when one canna...lets just say...can't 'perform' one often takes it out in 'other' ways...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Arachnid wrote: Is it me? or does one expect the cowardly superficial LaLa fans to show up in droves....
Unfortunately no, I wish however they'd be at CDC or HFB, for which they'd be banned in 2 seconds.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:[

No, a sinking (sunk) ship would be the Maple Laffs.

Toronto & Columbus were both up around the $61 million mark, did they ice a better product than Vancouver?

In the salary cap era no team can totally dominate another.
Pittsburg had Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Staal & Letang all healthy - and still lost.
Gee, what a surprise, Vancouver doesn't have the same offence without Daniel Sedin, and Rome isn't an upgrade over Ballard. :roll:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Anyone see the official tweet from the Kings? Wow. Talk about classless. Add Weber's antics, and it's just another embarrassing night for the NHL...
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2012/04/la-k ... at-canucks
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

As funny it is to bring some of ya'll to the year 2013, the attention turns to how we can win game#2 or be swept by the AWESOME KINGS and make AV/MG look like losers.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I wonder how a

Edler Ehrhoff

Hodgson on the 3rd line would do to help for goals we are severely lacking right now.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

For all the unfocused unmotivated absence of discipline type play tonight by several (but not all) of the Canucks, the game still basically boiled down to giving up a 5 on 3 goal and a goal at the end of a 5 min power play.

It is understandable that people will want to vent their frustration with the result tonight. But, everyone here has seen them play better. Only time will tell if we will see their best or if they will continue on playing like they have never been in the playoffs before.

In the meantime, be sure and take in some of the other playoff games, where believe it or not, some teams actually played well and didn’t win. No doubt the Pittsburg and Detroit fans have given up on their teams already too. Yeah right.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Waffle wrote: No doubt the Pittsburg and Detroit fans have given up on their teams already too. Yeah right.
Pittsburg, Detroit, Vancouver - only 2 will make it past the first round...
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

SKYO wrote:
Waffle wrote: No doubt the Pittsburg and Detroit fans have given up on their teams already too. Yeah right.
Pittsburg, Detroit, Vancouver - only 2 will make it past the first round...
Would rather lose a 1 goal game then to blow a 3-0 lead.

Just sayin.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I don't have Twitter but I'd almost want to create an account if we win this series and leave some choice tweets on the LA Kings Twitter feed.