First round playoff match up - LA Kings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Re: First round playoff match up - LA Kings

Post by Fred »

To tell you the truth Daniel is not going to be quite as high a priority in the LA series. Sure he'll be nice on the PP but for the other 45 mins it's going to be a low scoring tight game
cheers
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I just starting listening to 1040 for m daily dose of stupidity (well actually to listen to LeBrun). They seem to be prattling on about deflecting mediai attention away from Luongo or Raymond by making the media flock to Henrik for answers.

I think it's an straight up FU to the league. The league policy is if a player joins practice he is to be made available but they typically let that slide for injured players using a practice to assess where they are in recovery which is what this situation is. The league instead of siding with the team and protecting the player by simply saying he's recovering from a concussion and this is a necessary step in that recovery but he is still injured decided to wag the finger by interpreting the policy to the letter. It's the league being stupid.

Listened to AV and he had a comment on this (and I paraphrase a bit except for the end):"we are following protocol. It's a unique injury and when Daniel says he's ready to play, he'll play and until then he won't be speaking to you".

my guess is protocol in this case doubles for reminding the league they were following concussion protocol for an injured player yesterday and pointing out that with Daniel skating with the black aces means he won't be around to speak with the media during the protocol media scrum after practice.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I went on CDC and watch the live cam - Daniel with the black aces and then AV's presser.

When asked why Daniel was with the team yesterday and not today

"following the protocol", with further prompting, yesterday was a team skate, 5 lines, lots (8-10) of D, today a more formal practice, 4 lines fewer D

When asked if there had been a setback, a mumbled, head turned "No"

Asked about Booth "excited like everyone else that the playoffs are here ..... yadda yadda yadda ....."

Asked about Raymond "tough season, recovery from injury.....kid....now the time to step up and make a statement.....yadda yadda yadda....."

Here's my question on Raymond. Busted back, body cast, sires a kid?

Ok, when I busted my tail bone, my sister's advice to Mrs Topper, be on top, and be gentle.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

i guess we find out tomorrow if Daniel plays or not. If not he's clearly close or he wouldn't be on the ice at all today. In practice yesterday he also wasn't wearing the no contact helmet/jersey so he had to have had a few hard workouts before that practice to be cleared for contact.

Concussions are hard because unless the player is actively puking with activity the player can lie about symptoms. Yeah they have the baseline testing but by now we know that the baseline is only an indicator. A player can pass that test and not feel completely 100% (see Crosby with his first return and comments he made when he came back from the second concussion a couple weeks ago). Playoff time is going to make the player embellish on how good feels.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Topper wrote:
Here's my question on Raymond. Busted back, body cast, sires a kid?

Ok, when I busted my tail bone, my sister's advice to Mrs Topper, be on top, and be gentle.
He can fall down on his back and score at home but not when he's on the ice?! :evil:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

tantalum wrote:I just starting listening to 1040 for m daily dose of stupidity (well actually to listen to LeBrun). They seem to be prattling on about deflecting mediai attention away from Luongo or Raymond by making the media flock to Henrik for answers.

I think it's an straight up FU to the league. The league policy is if a player joins practice he is to be made available but they typically let that slide for injured players using a practice to assess where they are in recovery which is what this situation is. The league instead of siding with the team and protecting the player by simply saying he's recovering from a concussion and this is a necessary step in that recovery but he is still injured decided to wag the finger by interpreting the policy to the letter. It's the league being stupid.

Listened to AV and he had a comment on this (and I paraphrase a bit except for the end):"we are following protocol. It's a unique injury and when Daniel says he's ready to play, he'll play and until then he won't be speaking to you".

my guess is protocol in this case doubles for reminding the league they were following concussion protocol for an injured player yesterday and pointing out that with Daniel skating with the black aces means he won't be around to speak with the media during the protocol media scrum after practice.
Just heard Sekeres ranting on the radio about how the team's actions today - ie. letting him skate with the Black Aces - sends the message that management thinks he's weak-minded and that he can't deal with the press.

:hmmm:

What a fucktard.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fred wrote:To tell you the truth Daniel is not going to be quite as high a priority in the LA series. Sure he'll be nice on the PP but for the other 45 mins it's going to be a low scoring tight game
Not sure what you mean by this, but the Canucks are a far better team with their top goal scorer in the lineup regardless of who they play. I think you know this and are perhaps taking a page out of the dude's book with some of your recent posts.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fred wrote:To tell you the truth Daniel is not going to be quite as high a priority in the LA series. Sure he'll be nice on the PP but for the other 45 mins it's going to be a low scoring tight game
Not sure what you mean by this, but the Canucks are a far better team with their top goal scorer in the lineup regardless of who they play. I think you know this and are perhaps taking a page out of the dude's book with some of your recent posts.
The dude ? oh hang on Royal Dude ? tell you the truth if that's who you're referring to I haven't really read many of his posts ( sorry RD )

No I thought it's going to be I suspect a boring shut down type series and it's not like we went without success in his absence. He'll be missed on the PP but well intentioned robots is what will win this series ....IMO :D
cheers
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

wienerdog wrote: Just heard Sekeres ranting on the radio about how the team's actions today - ie. letting him skate with the Black Aces - sends the message that management thinks he's weak-minded and that he can't deal with the press.

:hmmm:

What a fucktard.
Either a fucktard or a guy who figured out that the middle finger was also pointed in the media's direction as well as the league with the move today. The league doesn't confirm or even know that Daniel wasn't available unless someone in the media tattles.

The league has to understand that if part of the concussion INJURY protocol is to participate in a full practice before a guy is cleared and deemed not to have an INJURY and that many such practices may need to take place that player ought to be treated as if he is injured and not a true part of the practice or team. NHL is stupid for interpreting things to the letter of the law and media is just stupid.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The dude ? oh hang on Royal Dude ? tell you the truth if that's who you're referring to I haven't really read many of his posts ( sorry RD )

No I thought it's going to be I suspect a boring shut down type series and it's not like we went without success in his absence. He'll be missed on the PP but well intentioned robots is what will win this series ....IMO :D

omg the dude!?
The dude (definitely NOT the Duderino of Lebowski fame)

Grabner 78 games 20 goals 12 assists 32 points -18 +/_ 12 PIMs ....nuff said..
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Question for Brad Richardson.

Can an appendix also be a footnote?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Word is Henrik actually skated wearing 22 today to really throw off the media.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

According to Swedish news Papa Sedin has said Daniel had a headache after practice on monday and will not be playing Game 1. Or so I hear from Pass it to Bulis
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

I believe the one person who will tip this series one way or the other is...

Mike "Once a King, always a King" Murphy

"I sit down and I look at it and I get a gut feel for the play and say, “What exactly happened here?” I look through it, look through all the angles, look at all the different network feeds. I start asking questions of people I have confidence in that can give me their side of information, their information, Terry Gregson, Kris King. Unfortunately I’m not able to use the wisest of them all, Colin Campbell, right now. He’s been eliminated from the series and not involved. I have no conversations with him.
But this is what the number was when we kind of went through it and the way I felt it. That’s why it was assessed."

also

“It was the skate, and not a distinct kicking motion, but in a kicking motion, that made it move back the other way.” He went on to say that “some of the factors that we looked at, too, were where his skate was, where his stick was, what did he do with his skate at the very end…to me, it looked like he twisted his toe and got a little more push on the puck and got it moving back the other direction.”

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Southern_Canuck wrote:“It was the skate, and not a distinct kicking motion, but in a kicking motion, that made it move back the other way.” He went on to say that “some of the factors that we looked at, too, were where his skate was, where his stick was, what did he do with his skate at the very end…to me, it looked like he twisted his toe and got a little more push on the puck and got it moving back the other direction.”
Oh wow I had completely forgotten about that. :lol:

How that one never counted I will never understand...
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.