BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE leaves

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE leaves

Post by tantalum »

Phil the thrill Kessel is something like a -20 in his last 15-20 games. It's comical how quickly the players tuned out Carlyle....he must have wanted them to work hard or something.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote:Pissed CTV reporter/Leaf-fan interviewing/grilling Leaf players:

:lol:
That was awesome! One of the best scrum reports I've ever seen.

I feel as though Toronto has finally reached a tipping point. The idiot fans have lapped up Burke's garbage for long enough, they might not actually put up with/support a garbage franchise anymore. There may FINALLY be an impetus from ownership for wholesale change to bring legitimacy to the leaves franchise.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

ESQ wrote: That was awesome! One of the best scrum reports I've ever seen.

I feel as though Toronto has finally reached a tipping point. The idiot fans have lapped up Burke's garbage for long enough, they might not actually put up with/support a garbage franchise anymore. There may FINALLY be an impetus from ownership for wholesale change to bring legitimacy to the leaves franchise.
Until the ownership issue is finalized nothing will happen. Might be the only thing that saves Burke after last night. Who knows, if they weren't in the midst of a sale where there is a question of who will ultimately be in charge of the club when the deal is done the embarrassment that was last night may have been dealt with swiftly today.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

GREAT ARTICLE FROM KEVIN ALLEN OF USA TODAY ABOUT THE JOB DALE TALLON HAS DONE IN QUICKLY RE-BUILDING THE FLORIDA PANTHERS. THE PANTHERS JUST CLINCHED THEIR PLAYOFF BERTH AND WON THEIR DIVISION.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/c ... 54077000/1

TOO BAD THE leaves OWNERSHIP GROUP DIDN'T HIRE A GUY LIKE THIS TO BE THEIR GM. LET'S SEE:

1. MADE PLAYOFFS AFTER TAKING OVER IN MAY 2010. WHEN DID BRIAN BURKE TAKE OVER THE leaves? 2008 I BELIEVE. HAVE THEY MADE THE PLAYOFFS?
2. WON THEIR DIVISION TITLE (YES, I KNOW IT'S THE SOUTHEAST DIVISION, BUT STILL)
3. HAS QUIETLY BUILT A STREAM OF TALENTED YOUNGSTERS IN HIS SYSTEM TO TAKE OVER WHEN THE VETERANS HE HAS CAN'T PLAY ANYMORE

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION ROGERS/BELL?

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Brian Blowjob Burke...a complete and total hockey fuckup...sure glad the shitpump doesnt run the company i work for...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Quick rebuild?

After their miraculous run to the Cup in 96' they qualified for the playoffs twice in that timeframe (before this season) winning one playoff game.

If we work off the Panthers timeline the leaves should quickly rebuild and make the playoffs in 4 more years.

:thumbs:
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

HOCKEY'S FUTURE HAS THE FLORIDA PANTHERS RANKED #1 IN TERMS OF ORGANIZATIONAL DEPTH. HERE'S A QUOTE:

"STRENGTHS: WITH 23 SELECTIONS IN THE LAST TWO DRAFTS, EVER POSITION IN THE PANTHERS ORGANIZATION IS LOADED WITH TOP-END TALENT AND SOLID DEPTH. JONATHAN HUBERDEAU PROVIDES ELITE OFFENSIVE TALENT, ERIK GUDBRANSON HAS TOP-PAIRING POTENTIAL, AND JACOB MARKSTROM PUT ON A GREAT DISPLAY OF TALENT IN AN EARLY SEASON CUP OF COFFEE WITH THE PANTHERS. THE SYSTEM IS LADEN WITH FUTURE NHLERS AT FORWARD AND DEFENSE, AND BOASTS MULTIPLE SKILLED AND PHYSICAL PLAYERS THROUGHOUT. WEAKNESSES: WITH SUCH A DEEP AND WELL-BALANCED PROSPECT POOL, THERE ARE NO SALIENT WEAKNESSES TO BE FOUND."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT: TALLON GETS HIRED BEFORE THE 2010 DRAFT AND ENDS UP MAKING 23 SELECTIONS OVER TWO YEARS AND RESTOCKS THE ORGANIZATION AND MEANWHILE TRADES FOR OR SIGNS A BUNCH OF VETERANS LIKE VERSTEEG, CAMPBELL, THEODORE, ETC. TO HOLD THE FORT WHILE THE YOUNG GUYS DEVELOP.

MEANWHILE, DION PHANEUF AND PHIL KESSEL PLAY GOLF TOGETHER NEXT WEEK WHILE THE PANTHERS ARE IN THE NHL PLAYOFFS.

BRIAN BURKE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR HOW MANY SEASONS WITH NO POST-SEASON PLAY WITH THE leaves? TALLON HAS BEEN WITH THE PANTHERS IN THE SAME CONFERENCE AS THE leaves FOR TWO SEASONS AND THE PANTHERS HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN TALLON'S SECOND SEASON WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF STOCKPILED YOUNG TALENT ALREADY WAITING IN THE WINGS TO DEVELOP.

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
HERE'S A QUOTE:

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT: TALLON GETS HIRED BEFORE THE 2010 DRAFT AND ENDS UP MAKING 23 SELECTIONS OVER TWO YEARS AND RESTOCKS THE ORGANIZATION AND MEANWHILE TRADES FOR OR SIGNS A BUNCH OF VETERANS LIKE VERSTEEG, CAMPBELL, THEODORE, ETC. TO HOLD THE FORT WHILE THE YOUNG GUYS DEVELOP.

MEANWHILE, DION PHANEUF AND PHIL KESSEL PLAY GOLF TOGETHER NEXT WEEK WHILE THE PANTHERS ARE IN THE NHL PLAYOFFS.

DP
Not that I would ever wish it on a Westerner but perhaps you should head east, as this is a message better delivered in the center of the sphincter/ I mean universe :P
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I have to say Florida has done well and is destined to get better, a lot of good prospects coming through. You have to tip your hat to Dale Tallon and his staff and it does show what can be done in a relatively short time. Philly turned it around pretty quick to though they seem to have problems finding a goal tender. Ottawa surprised me...but it looks good on them.

Toronto and Calgary absolute disaster. BB picked up 2 first round picks for last years draft. THN did a reassessment of the 2011 draft and both BB picks had been down graded to 2nd rounders!! Who would you rather have Seguin or Kessler. Man it just keeps getting worse in TO
cheers