President's Trophy!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: President's Trophy!!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I hate the playoffs cause its a serious abuse on my liver due to the more than average alcohol consumption during. I may have to make like Blobcat Mckenzie and hit the Coors Lights for a while, just means more trips to the pisser.

BTW, who thinks we should hit up Beer Craft (formerly known as Stellas) either on Commercial Drive or Cambie for a boozy belgium beer fest for one of the Canucks games. See me in the flesh going toe to toe on serious hockey matters, ie Shut Down Hockey and how overrated it is.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:BTW, who thinks we should hit up Beer Craft (formerly known as Stellas) either on Commercial Drive or Cambie for a boozy belgium beer fest for one of the Canucks games.
Better on a non game night.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

While the President's Trophy means nothing compared to the Cup, it feels pretty gratifying to join an elite club of back to back winners. I am pretty impressed they were able to win it again, especially considering all the alleged struggles the team has endured this year. Pretty freaking impressive when you also consider they weren't even playing for it this year! Kudos to the players. Now bring home the Stanley Cup already!
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

time for playoff weed...
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Is anybody else noticing all the shots the rest of the beat writers in Vancouver are taking at Tony Gallagher? I don't think a single local article about the President's Trophy has been written without a sarcastic jab at Gallaher's AV comments.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

ESQ wrote:Is anybody else noticing all the shots the rest of the beat writers in Vancouver are taking at Tony Gallagher? I don't think a single local article about the President's Trophy has been written without a sarcastic jab at Gallaher's AV comments.
Haven't read any but then again I haven't read either the Province or the Sun regularly in years. What are some of the best jabs you've read thus far?

As much as we rag on the media personalities in this city for being overly critical of the team, non of them come even close to Gallagher when it comes to unwarranted criticism and sensationalism. It's almost as if they are humouring him when he comes on 1040. I mean the guy is just on another level. He will always find something wrong with the team no matter the level of success.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I hate the playoffs cause its a serious abuse on my liver due to the more than average alcohol consumption during. I may have to make like Blobcat Mckenzie and hit the Coors Lights for a while, just means more trips to the pisser.
HOW in the fuck did you know I switched to light beer ??

My doc read me the riot act 2 weeks ago. I've gained 20 pounds in the last three years, said my cholesterol was high and my ggt was a bit out of whack. I said listen asshole I gained the weight due to having three herniated discs in my back and the odd beer to kill the pain and it hurts to work out with any intensity. In this stupid assed province I am still not a candidate for surgery because i'm not a pussy and can still work a little though I do suffer a fair bit.

It sucks though because other than Bud Lite lite beer licks ass. I am alternating lite beer with real beer and trying to mix in a few more salads. I was a little pissed at the doc as he made me feel like some fat slob. i'm 6ft 215 and a big boned kid. If I was 180 i'd look like a toothpick.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I am alternating lite beer with real beer and trying to mix in a few more salads.

...he made me feel like some fat slob. i'm 6ft 215 and a big boned kid...
Sorry BLOBby (<- c wot?) but, ^^^this made me LOL :lol:

Best advice ever. You should be a dietician!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

TRUTH: Blobby used to be a personal trainer.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
My doc read me the riot act 2 weeks ago. I've gained 20 pounds in the last three years, said my cholesterol was high and my ggt was a bit out of whack. I said listen asshole I gained the weight due to having three herniated discs in my back and the odd beer to kill the pain and it hurts to work out with any intensity. In this stupid assed province I am still not a candidate for surgery because i'm not a pussy and can still work a little though I do suffer a fair bit.

It sucks though because other than Bud Lite lite beer licks ass. I am alternating lite beer with real beer and trying to mix in a few more salads. I was a little pissed at the doc as he made me feel like some fat slob. i'm 6ft 215 and a big boned kid. If I was 180 i'd look like a toothpick.
Blob.. buy an Inversion table.. and USE it.

Quit diet food, sugar more or less and cut pasta and bread.

Then drink real beer and be happy!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:TRUTH: Blobby used to be a personal trainer.
I thought he was A Personal Jesus....

Hang in there Blobber...when we win the Cup the pain will aaallllllll be worth it... :cheers:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:I hate the playoffs cause its a serious abuse on my liver due to the more than average alcohol consumption during. I may have to make like Blobcat Mckenzie and hit the Coors Lights for a while, just means more trips to the pisser.

BTW, who thinks we should hit up Beer Craft (formerly known as Stellas) either on Commercial Drive or Cambie for a boozy belgium beer fest for one of the Canucks games. See me in the flesh going toe to toe on serious hockey matters, ie Shut Down Hockey and how overrated it is.
If you are drinking beer on Commercial, it should be at St Augustine's.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Robert wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Blob.. buy an Inversion table.. and USE it.

Quit diet food, sugar more or less and cut pasta and bread.

Then drink real beer and be happy!
My advice is drop the beer period. Come to the dark side. Nothing on planet Earth burns cleaner than vodka, my friend.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Beer and vitamin pills.

forget the food, hell, Donny hasn't eaten real food in years.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:Beer and vitamin pills.

forget the food, hell, Donny hasn't eaten real food in years.
Soylent green?! :shock:

Playoff beer...hmmm after my school presentation today am going to the LCBO to pick some good ol' hockey beers. I think it will be a different style each round...funny thing is, local micros the past few years have mostly surpassed the Belgian/UK Euro swill I usually quaff in terms of taste, quality and freshness(that can't be emphasized enough).

So I am going to get something wacky in the honour of LALAland of Charlie's Angels....maybe a lagered ale like Beau's....

Good thing I been eat'n great nutrition wise lately, training for the next two months where I have to drink for the old BlobDudes on here...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)