First round playoff match up - LA Kings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

First round playoff match up - LA Kings

Post by mathonwy »

We got this.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: First round playoff match up - LA Kings

Post by CFP! »

mathonwy wrote:We got this.
Thanks.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Some serious pessimism in La La land.

http://letsgokings.com/f4/playoff_predi ... 81702.html

lol.
Last edited by mathonwy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

The Kings will not be an easy opponent, but I feel confident in our boys.

Now is the time to shine.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

mathonwy wrote:Some serious pessimism in King land.

http://letsgokings.com/f4/playoff_predi ... 81702.html

lol.
First 9 predictions on the Kings site:

I say Van in 5.
Kings in 7
VAN will sweep! Kings only know how to choke.
Vancouver in 5
VAN in 5, and I get arrested for battery if I make it to a game.
Van in 5, choking 2 3rd period leads isn't the way to go into the playoffs.
That's being WAY to positive............Vancouver in four straight against our "money" goaltender.
Van in 6
Until this team grows some balls, it's VAN in 5.

Jeez, that's some serious optimism there. :o
I guess we'll get to see Richards & Carter up close (why did Philly trade them again? lol)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It's a new season. The Kings have had problems scoring but they play great defence and have a great goalie. Let the LA fans be pessimistic but we should not be cocky. The 1st round is always the best round for upsets.

We should take the Kings in 5-6 games but should and doing are two different things. I feel comfortable with the match up but I don't think it will be a cake walk.

We have show we can play tight 1 goal games so that is a plus. But we need to find our scoring again to make I easier.

Honestly I don't care who we play in any round. I just want consistent urgent hockey.
The only HW the Canucks need
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:It's a new season. The Kings have had problems scoring but they play great defence and have a great goalie. Let the LA fans be pessimistic but we should not be cocky. The 1st round is always the best round for upsets.

We should take the Kings in 5-6 games but should and doing are two different things. I feel comfortable with the match up but I don't think it will be a cake walk.
Yeah, I would have preferred to see the Sharks in round one. :hmmm:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

David Booth scoring in the last game of the season was the best thing that could have happened to him.

GOD HAS NOT FORSAKEN YOU MY SON.

First playoff action ever for god boy. He's going to be PUMPED.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Only thing I'm worried about the King is Quick.

We all know how the Canucks have a tendency to be choked by a stellar goaltending; which often resulted in our offence drought, which in turns led to defensive fumbles and eventually lost the game.

Should be a good one.

Canucks in 5 if all goes right.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The Kings have two regulation losses in their last fourteen games.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I predict both Canucks and Sens will start Thursday. That way HNIC gets two Canadian games to broadcast on Saturday.
The only HW the Canucks need
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Darryl Sutter coached teams are 2-0 in playoffs series against the Canucks. Time to change that.

Vancouver using their speed and getting their power play going will be keys to defeating the Kings.

I wonder if the bozo(s) who haunted this board on behalf of Kings fans in the 2010 series will return. I had alot of fun insulting the fenceposts who were too stupid to understand what I posted about them.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

We need to not only have the goalies tracking the puck well, but the rest of the team needs to be focused on the puck.

Focus, Focus, Focus.

Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

This is NOT a matchup that I'm happy about.

LA has goaltending, size, shooters, goaltending, defense, and did I mention goaltending?

Sutter is a halfway decent coach, and he couldn't benchboss a goal scoring team with Lemieux, Sakic, Yzerman, and Gretzky down the middle. But he can coach playoff hockey, and he can motivate an underdog team that is willing to work hard in front of an elite goaltender.....I did mention that the Kings have some great goaltending right? It was, afterall, Sutter who coached the lunch bucket brigade Flames to the finals in 2004, and just a quick reminder, they went through Vancouver to do it.

Now, that being said, this is a different Vancouver team than the one that played Calgary in the opening round of 2004. It is a different team than the one that beat LA in round one of 2010. The King's are much the same, if anything they are actually a bit slower.

The thing that scares me is the guy in the LA crease, Jonathan Quick. He has been outstanding this year, and the Canucks have only scored 7 goals in 4 meetings with LA. Vancouver has shown a real proclivity for making goalies look amazing this year, and while the Canucks can win 1 goal games, and often find ways to get the "W even when they can't find the back of an empty net from the top of the crease.

Vancouver's only advantages are depth and speed. Those are usually pretty good, but come playoffs when the officials put the whistle away, the advantage shifts to a Sutter coached LA team that will be tough and dirty and get away with it.

Our only hope to making this series something that will be a lock for the Canucks is if Hank was serious about the Canucks mailing in the PP because they know they are being scouted by potential playoff opponents. If the Vancouver PP can get it together, then the Canucks should be able to handle the Kings.

One more thing, Doughty is a hot-head and the Canucks can probably get him into stupid penalty trouble if they send Bitz, Weise, Kassian, Booth, Higgins, and Kesler crashing into him every chance they get.

This series is going the distance.
Last edited by Meds on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.