OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: OOTS

Post by rats19 »

Yotes 4 blues 1

Hmmmm
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:That 1st seed could be very important come 2nd round. Barring a catastrophe I'd rather see Vancouver avoid Nashville/Detroit until the 3rd round. Make St Louis go toe to toe with one of those teams in the 2nd round.

Home ice may mean more to St. Louis than it does us. It is so hard to predict the 1st round match ups let alone the 2nd round. I hear what you are saying but I think Chicago takes round one which leaves the top seed to play them next, potentially, which means second seed plays winner of Detroit/Nashville. But if the top 4 survive round one then 1st seed gets winner of Nashville/Detroit. Which would mean we would be better off getting 2nd seed.

So many variables too hard to predict.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:That 1st seed could be very important come 2nd round. Barring a catastrophe I'd rather see Vancouver avoid Nashville/Detroit until the 3rd round. Make St Louis go toe to toe with one of those teams in the 2nd round.

Home ice may mean more to St. Louis than it does us. It is so hard to predict the 1st round match ups let alone the 2nd round. I hear what you are saying but I think Chicago takes round one which leaves the top seed to play them next, potentially, which means second seed plays winner of Detroit/Nashville. But if the top 4 survive round one then 1st seed gets winner of Nashville/Detroit. Which would mean we would be better off getting 2nd seed.

Swing! There is nothing hotter than a babe that loves/knows her hockey....well there's velcro....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Swing! There is nothing hotter than a babe that loves/knows her hockey....well there's velcro....

I feel like I'm being stocked with this velcro stuff. The last time I wore velcro was for a harness (oops, did I just say that)?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

HW I guess i should have mentioned i think the Hawks will take out the Paicific Division winner in the 1st round.

I'd much rather see Vancouver play Chicago in the 2nd round than Detroit or Nashville.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

The last time I wore velcro was for a harness (oops, did I just say that)?
:wow:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:HW I guess i should have mentioned i think the Hawks will take out the Paicific Division winner in the 1st round.

I'd much rather see Vancouver play Chicago in the 2nd round than Detroit or Nashville.
Given our win against them last year and the fact they are IMO a worse team over all with out Campbell, you would have to like our chances in that match up.

I could also see the Sharks getting their shit together and knocking out the Blues (which is starting to look like a potential match up).

The Sharks are kind of a nightmare first round match up for anyone but especially so for the Blues who have virtually no playoff experience.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

I didn't realize that if the Hawks win in regulation tonight against Detroit then the 2 teams flip flop positions and the Wings probably get Phoenix, a team they have owned in previous years.

Hard to imagine an NHL team ever throwing a game but.....
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Looks to me like the Kings or Sharks will be our 1st round opponent.

I don't like this at all.

Oh well.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

I feel your pain Farhan! Blackhawks end up being great beneficiaries. I was so looking forward to seeing them face the Kings in the first round but barring a complete meltdown by the 'Yotes, the Hawks will draw the easiest first round opponent. What a reward for being the weakest (albeit marginally) team in the Central!

Meanwhile, the Canucks are stuck with either the Kings or Sharks. In an ideal world, we would have drawn the 'Yotes with the Hawks getting the Kings and the Blues getting the Sharks. Would have made for more compelling first round series!

Speaking of which, WTF were the Red Wings thinking coming back in the 3rd? Seriously! I guess you could argue they were playing for home ice advantage (even though the Preds would still have to lose) but they would have been infinitely better off simply tanking it and drawing the 'Yotes in the first round! Idiots!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

rockalt wrote:I feel your pain Farhan! Blackhawks end up being great beneficiaries. I was so looking forward to seeing them face the Kings in the first round but barring a complete meltdown by the 'Yotes, the Hawks will draw the easiest first round opponent. What a reward for being the weakest (albeit marginally) team in the Central!

Meanwhile, the Canucks are stuck with either the Kings or Sharks. In an ideal world, we would have drawn the 'Yotes with the Hawks getting the Kings and the Blues getting the Sharks. Would have made for more compelling first round series!

Speaking of which, WTF were the Red Wings thinking coming back in the 3rd? Seriously! I guess you could argue they were playing for home ice advantage (even though the Preds would still have to lose) but they would have been infinitely better off simply tanking it and drawing the 'Yotes in the first round! Idiots!

When you are about being a winning franchise I think it is hard to lose on purpose. And yes, they were still fighting for home ice advantage.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Hockey Widow wrote:
rockalt wrote:I feel your pain Farhan! Blackhawks end up being great beneficiaries. I was so looking forward to seeing them face the Kings in the first round but barring a complete meltdown by the 'Yotes, the Hawks will draw the easiest first round opponent. What a reward for being the weakest (albeit marginally) team in the Central!

When you are about being a winning franchise I think it is hard to lose on purpose. And yes, they were still fighting for home ice advantage.
Yeah I know, but when I left for dinner and saw they were losing 2-0 at home, I couldn't help but think they were taking it easy heading into the playoffs. Obviously that was not the case at all as they pulled a repeat of the Blues game the other night, storming back to tie it. It will be a real shame for hockey that one of the Preds or Red Wings will be out in the first round but then again selfishly, I might root for a Red Wings sweep so that Weber is convinced the Preds are going nowhere and elects to demand a trade/sign with the Canucks!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Congratz to Malkin for numero 50.

Flyers/Pens game is quite a tame game. I think they're saving it for the post season.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

2 nothing Caps.

2 goals on 2 shots.

Lundquist gunning for his 40th win.

Ovie surprises Lundquist.

Perrault deflection.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

mathonwy wrote:2 nothing Caps.

2 goals on 2 shots.
Make that 3-0 after 1. WOW!

Still, let's wait until the end of the game. This is the Caps after all! And if the Rangers are going to gift wrap the President's Trophy to the Canucks like this, they better not screw it up against the Oilers! While it may not improve their chances of finally winning the Cup, back to back President's trophy would be quite a feat, especially in the salary cap era. Here's hoping for the best!