From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Topper »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
rats19 wrote:So basically jealousy...cuz everything listed there is mongoloid lame.
Pretty much.

I mean - I can kind of "see" points 1,2, and 3, but 4,5, and 6 is absolutely ridiculous.

It's just too bad that Calgary's two best players in franchise history is...

Mod edit
LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

The flames are fucked - no other way to put it. Personally, I would say they are at least 5 years or more from being comptetitive. I the meanwhile - how about those Coyotes - LOL. :drink:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Topper wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
rats19 wrote:So basically jealousy...cuz everything listed there is mongoloid lame.
Pretty much.

I mean - I can kind of "see" points 1,2, and 3, but 4,5, and 6 is absolutely ridiculous.

Mod edit
LOL
Well, from my point of view, I don't think that Graham James should be mentioned in these threads. The guy is a criminal - plain and simple. As for the Mockeying comment on Iggy- come on - you guys are better than that. This is what I'd expect at CP - if it were another player.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Topper wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
Pretty much.

Mod edit
LOL

You are a disgusting individual for those comments. You better apologize.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hey expat & okcanuck, I apologize for that post above, the guys that run this board are class people and do not tolerate racist or sexist stuff, nor pedophile glorification. Unfortunately some people, and there is only a couple, on here have no such class and are pretty cowardly in their behaviour on a message board.

That said, Flames still suck Big Rocks! 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:Hey expat & okcanuck, I apologize for that post above, the guys that run this board are class people and do not tolerate racist or sexist stuff, nor pedophile glorification. Unfortunately some people, and there is only a couple, on here have no such class and are pretty cowardly in their behaviour on a message board.

That said, Flames still suck Big Rocks! 8-)

You're absolutely right. This message board has to try and be above garbage posts like that one . His post was disgusting and he owes an apology to this board and to Calpuck. I go over to the dark side(calpuke) once in a while and I don`t recall ever reading anything as bad as that.

You`re also right about the Flames they suck.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

okcanuck wrote:
You're absolutely right. This message board has to try and be above garbage posts like that one . His post was disgusting and he owes an apology to this board and to Calpuck. I go over to the dark side(calpuke) once in a while and I don`t recall ever reading anything as bad as that.

You`re also right about the Flames they suck.
Hey okcanuck,

You are correct that I do owe an apology. Cornuck spoke to me about my comments as well, and I do think an apology is in order. Honestly - a lot of us older posters from the old CC have a bit of dark humor (as evidenced by the fact that both Topper and Strangelove were amused by my comments, combined with the fact that Blob McKenzie used the word "chink" in one of the game day threads, combined with rats19's use of the term, "retarded cousin fucker"), and so I was catering to that crowd with my comments.

However - this IS a different board and different audiences read our posts and so I should have taken that into account. My comments were purely meant for shits and giggles, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for minority hockey players. Being a minority myself, I, perhaps more than anyone, should be more careful and considerate with these types of comments.....even if they are meant to be in jest amongst my fellow "thick skinned" old school posters.

I sincerely apologize to Cornuck, OkCanuck, Canuckscorner, and anyone else that may have been offended by my comments.

Cheers, and go Canucks go!
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Farhan Lalji wrote:I sincerely apologize to Cornuck, OkCanuck, Canuckscorner, and anyone else that may have been offended by my comments.
I'll take that apology, beacuse I'm consistently offended by your trade proposals on this board. :look:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol I like how FL was trying to bring down everyone else as well.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Apology accepted Farhan

I really think this message board is by far the best one in hockey and our standards have to be kept up.

I'm a relative newbie here and I really enjoy reading these threads. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy humor as much as the next guy and I wouldn't want to read anything sanitized to the point of being boring,but racism is another kettle of fish.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Farhan is crafty......
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

okcanuck wrote:Apology accepted Farhan

I really think this message board is by far the best one in hockey and our standards have to be kept up.

I'm a relative newbie here and I really enjoy reading these threads. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy humor as much as the next guy and I wouldn't want to read anything sanitized to the point of being boring,but racism is another kettle of fish.
Why do you offend fish?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

SKYO wrote:lol I like how FL was trying to bring down everyone else as well.
Hey SKYO,

I wasn't deliberately attempting to take anyone down with me, lol............as me and the aforementioned posters go way back. However - I was just stating facts. Based on those comments made previously, I wasn't 100% sure as to what constituted as "dark humor" and what constituted as "offensive" on here. Obviously, my comments were over the line and so I will not make that error in judgement again.
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

okcanuck wrote:Apology accepted Farhan

Point taken okcanuck,

Like I said - some of us older posters go way back with our roughneck-level jokes, but it's always with the mutual understanding that none of us are actually racists, homophobes, etc. Just guys "shooting the proverbial shit.". You are definitely correct that this board is excellent, and I will try and do my part to contribute to the quality.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

wienerdog wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:I sincerely apologize to Cornuck, OkCanuck, Canuckscorner, and anyone else that may have been offended by my comments.
I'll take that apology, beacuse I'm consistently offended by your trade proposals on this board. :look:
For whatever it's worth, I was contemplating the idea of the Canucks trading Roberto Luongo for Dan Boyle last night at the end of the season. :oops:

Sharks get their much needed upgrade in net and the Canucks get a top tier top four defensemen that should still be decent for the next 3 years (he's getting up there in age, but dmen can often play well until 37-38).