The President's Trophy & Remaining Games

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: The President's Trophy & Remaining Games

Post by Hockey Widow »

rats19 wrote:Call me a retarded cuzin fukr...but I think we are stronger
In goal
4 lines with depth...
A tad weaker on defense...
I think we can go all the way with the normal needed things every champ team needs to win...

Health, puck luck etc..

I don't disagree with any of this. I think our goaltending is more stable. I think we have the forward depth to roll 4 lines. But on defence we are one injury away from disaster without the depth to plug holes, unless Ballard is ready.

Perhaps its just the way the team has played all year. The urgency has only been there sporadically and for certain teams. Perhaps when the real season starts the urgency will return. I certainly hope the PP returns. I'm told they are working on a few wrinkles on their PP but have not yet really played it out in games. Watch the second unit, they are playing a new style which may be a peek. Of course with Dank out they do have to change it up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

In the short term ( PP aside ) I think Lapierre and Hank/Burrows looks good enough to continue, would Daniel do OK with Kesler ? Hank is playing a whole different style game right now and it suits him IMO
cheers
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

My statement included ballad back, palhsson is like another Dman though ain't he...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Hockey Widow wrote:

I don't disagree with any of this. I think our goaltending is more stable. I think we have the forward depth to roll 4 lines. But on defence we are one injury away from disaster without the depth to plug holes, unless Ballard is ready.

Perhaps its just the way the team has played all year. The urgency has only been there sporadically and for certain teams. Perhaps when the real season starts the urgency will return. I certainly hope the PP returns. I'm told they are working on a few wrinkles on their PP but have not yet really played it out in games. Watch the second unit, they are playing a new style which may be a peek. Of course with Dank out they do have to change it up.
Hockey Widow,

You're actually not the only one that feels this way. I feel it as well. I'm not sure what the "uneasiness" is stemming from, but I think it also stems from the fact that the "urgency has only been there sporadically and for certain teams."

The LA Kings and San Jose Sharks are EXTREMELY dangerous potential 1st round opponents in my opinion.....and I truly do believe that they can beat us if we are even slightly off.

I think the Canucks will be fine if we make out of the 1st round, but it's that 1st round that gives me the biggest fear for some reason. During this past season, we might be able to count the number of times where the Canucks flat out gave it their all......and despite their immense talent, this could come back to bite them. I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I think I might save money during the play-offs this season They might be saying all the right things but last year they had a lot of momentum. To me many of their wins this season have been smoke and mirrors. Thank heavens for Burrows, Higgins and Hansen ...they have their own self imposed momentum they bring it every night. Booth, Raymond hit and miss and two players playing like that is two too many. It's tough to criticise a top team but goal tending sure helps this team
cheers
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Fred wrote:I think I might save money during the play-offs this season
We all will consider the 4-0 sweeps each series.

8 home games.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote:
rats19 wrote:Call me a retarded cuzin fukr.....

I don't disagree with any of this.
:D
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Good morning to u to donny...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:Call me a retarded cuzin fukr...
:look:

Retarded cuzin fukr.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

rats19 wrote:Call me a retarded cuzin fukr....
IslandNucklehead19? ;)

(I kid I kid)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
rats19 wrote:Call me a retarded cuzin fukr....
IslandNucklehead19? ;)

(I kid I kid)
Who's IslandNucklehead19? Hardly an original handle. What kind of tool would copy someone else's (user)name??
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Pens did us a big solid although the injury to King Henrik might have something to do with it. If the NYR are smart they rest him the last game of the year. They need him in the playoffs more than they need the PT. Destiny is in our hands boys and girls.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Don't look now but destiny is no longer in our hands. What a piss poor performance. I'm sure Cowpuke will be delighted with tonight's victory.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: I'm sure Cowpuke will be delighted with tonight's victory.
That was their playoffs and it will likely be like that for that franchise for a few years at least. They have no young players in the NHL lineup that are any good and other than Brodie and Bartschi very little talent in the pipeline. It's almost like Dutter mangled the organization on purpose. It would be akin to a tradesman building himself a cabin , stealing all the good power tools, a company vehicle, fucking the bosses daughter and pilfering the company slush fund on the way out the door.

Dutter is probably laughing his guts out in LA right now.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”