GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Post by Meds »

That was the best I've seen Raymond look on a rush in a long time. He actually cut to the middle, let a wrister go instead of a slapper, and made Hiller squeeze a tough one.

The only reason Anaheim is in this one is because of a couple of bad reads by Gragnani and some subpar play by Luongo. Win or lose this game has been all Vancouver. I'd like the deuce here, really do want the President's in back-to-back years. Only 4 teams have done that.

Raymond with another really good rush. Too bad Tanev didn't think like a forward, woulda had a chance at a rebound.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Meaningless post to make sure Lever is happy tomorrow. Must get to 10 pages.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote: The only reason Anaheim is in this one is because of a couple of bad reads by Gragnani and some subpar play by Luongo. Win or lose this game has been all Vancouver. I'd like the deuce here, really do want the President's in back-to-back years. Only 4 teams have done that.
Agreed. Can't really blame Luongo for this one (first was weak, the rest no fault), but the Canucks really put the pressure on once he came out.

Love MacKenzie calling out Vancouvers fans. He's totally correct. Retards will blame Lou for that one. The real goat should be Gragnani. Dude didn't belong on the ice, he was terrible.

Sedin continues to impress. How about Higgins? Guy can really do it all.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Everything has been mentioned....

But, MayRay looked like a stud all night. His speed combined with their |BRUTAL defense made him look lika supastar!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Schneider rescued the game with a shootout win.. Lou maybe can't be blamed for all 4 goals but sure didn't look like an "All Star" Goalie

Boob award to Gragnini.. and Kesler was a complete bust tonight
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Scintillator
CC Veteran

Post by Scintillator »

Nice game, almost like hockey.

Real glad the real season is really upon us. :)

must,

we must,

reach 10

...or bust :shock:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hasn't MAG gotten in the required number of games yet? I think its time to put Bieksa back in and rest MAG.

Hope Kassian isn't too injured. Guess we see on Thursday. We hold all the cards for the West title. Still a good shot at top spot but we need NYR to cooperate a little.

Flames are going to want to play spoilers, at least they should want to. Although it would be nice to clinch the West in Calgary the game after we officially eliminated them from the playoffs. Just a little sweetness to the music.

Luongo gave up one bad goal. The defence was piss poor until the third period. Gotta feel a little for the guy. Hopefully this motivates him to turn those boos back to Luos when the playoffs start.
The only HW the Canucks need
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Mëds wrote: He's really only at fault on one of those, Perry's goal was a backhander that is tough to stop but it was still short side when he was down early, and that 3rd goal did go right under him, but still only Getzlaf's goal can be hung on him. Regardless, the fans pretty much just gave their collective opinion in regards to the goaltending situation here.

One bad goal but he's still gotta make a few tough saves. Had we lost, the blame really would've gone to AV on this one...it's about learning from the past and recognizing early if if your goalie's on his game or not.

Luongo has always had a tough time with Anaheim. The first game against them this year he stunk it up in the first two periods and got pulled heading into the 3rd down 4-0. Schneids didn't have to do much the rest of the way as the Nucks owned the period and came within a goal of tying it up. Next game against them Schneids gets the start and has a solid night stopping 30 of 32 as we spank em 5-2. What happens the next two against the Ducks?..Lu somehow gets the start and surprise surprise he gets lit up in both games.

Let's remember that recent slide we had started with a goal very similar to the first one Lu gave up tonight when Leino blew a low shot through his legs. We know when Lu gives up those softies early it tends to snowball and he takes a long time to recover. That Leino goal took him 3 weeks!!

I don't know what's more alarming...the fact coaching staff failed to realize/remember Lu is terrible against the Ducks,..the fact it took the 4th goal to pull him when it was almost too late and when it was clear by his 2nd or 3rd goal that he was off,...or the fact it took almost 5 periods for Schneids to get back into the net after one of the greatest goaltending performances of the year (of which there were many by both goalies mind you) against Dallas.

That last point bothers me the most. I know Scheids doesn't care or hides it extremely well but it's sad the guy can't get rewarded after a performance like that because we have to keep babying the main guy no matter what. The real sad thing is we could be missing out on one of the League's next great tenders, and who knows maybe even cost us a Cup, if it didn't already, the way AV plays our goalies.

I'm not exactly calling for the Keenan hook but somewhere between the two extremes is the approach I'm looking for. We might've had a few more points in the standings with these Duck games alone.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

dhabums wrote:Image
Where'd her glasses go?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hope Kassian isn't too injured. Guess we see on Thursday.
I missed this, what happened?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Nuckertuzzi wrote:I'm not exactly calling for the Keenan hook but somewhere between the two extremes is the approach I'm looking for. We might've had a few more points in the standings with these Duck games alone.
The fact that Vigneault has been much quicker to give Luongo the hook this year tells me that Gillis is looking over his shoulder.

The TSN panel said it best tonight. Luongo will start the playoffs, but if Schneider gets in and plays well then Schneider will probably stay in. I think that is the balanced approach we need.

I think the way to go in the playoffs is to pretty much call it at 3 goals in the 2nd period. Regardless of how the team in front of him is playing, call a spade a spade and give that team a chance (obviously a moot point if we are up 5-3 at that point). I don't care if Brodeur and Roy playing in the same net would not have made the save, send the message to the team by giving the guy the hook. If the team then responds and plays better in front of Schneider, then go with the kid. This is not a game about one guy and his pride or ego. There are 19 other guys on that roster that want to win too.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Perhaps Luongo should not be blamed on three of the four goals that he gave up. However, he did not make any great saves to give the team a chance. Schneider came in and shut the door rest of the way. Seriously, does anyone think Luongo could have done the same? :?:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dbr wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Hope Kassian isn't too injured. Guess we see on Thursday.
I missed this, what happened?
Seemed like fairly innocent and incidental contact in the high slot in front of Hiller. Not really any serious speed involved, didn't even seem to phase either player. Must have been one of those awkward things that pinched something. I doubt it is anything serious.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hasn't MAG gotten in the required number of games yet? I think its time to put Bieksa back in and rest MAG.

Hope Kassian isn't too injured. Guess we see on Thursday. We hold all the cards for the West title. Still a good shot at top spot but we need NYR to cooperate a little.

Flames are going to want to play spoilers, at least they should want to. Although it would be nice to clinch the West in Calgary the game after we officially eliminated them from the playoffs. Just a little sweetness to the music.

Luongo gave up one bad goal. The defence was piss poor until the third period. Gotta feel a little for the guy. Hopefully this motivates him to turn those boos back to Luos when the playoffs start.
I believe that MAG needs one more game.