GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Hank » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Nice job Donny.

You are no bust, no teats on a bull. Nurturing and breastfeeding a new generation to post with the same unyielding quality.

Always uplifting and separated from the usual dredge. Your GDTs never suck(les), bosom buddy.
Hank
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby dhabums » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Stupid Rangers clearly not getting the message that we need them to lose tonight.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Southern_Canuck » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 pm



S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:43 pm

I mean really boys!
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4210
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:46 pm

It comes as no surprise that this thread is already 5 pages in.....Donny knew what he was doing when he called out all the reprobates.

It's almost a little sad that all the conversation has been so focussed on hockey and that his visual addition to his OP has been so brassierenly ignored.

I hope Salo and Edler both bring the cannons from the point.

.....who am I to buck the system right? :look:
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:I mean really boys!


You mean girls righ.....oh, I see now, you're not talking about the.....yeah.....you mean the posters.

Silly me.

That fuckin Kesler line had better be motorboating it around the ice all night tonight!
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I mean really boys!


You mean girls righ.....oh, I see now, you're not talking about the.....yeah.....you mean the posters.

Silly me.

That fuckin Kesler line had better be motorboating it around the ice all night tonight!


Oh he's a motorboatin sonofabitch
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3125
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby newcanuckfan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Gragnani playing like Lever's photo on page 1.

Be nice to see a little compete in a "tune up" game.....looks more like the Canucks just want a scrimmage.

And as I type Burr with the goal - nice. Was worried their fortunes were sagging...
User avatar
newcanuckfan
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 am

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby dhabums » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 pm

This feels like game 4 of a playoff series.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:42 pm

newcanuckfan wrote:Gragnani playing like Lever's photo on page 1.

Be nice to see a little compete in a "tune up" game.....looks more like the Canucks just want a scrimmage.

And as I type Burr with the goal - nice. Was worried their fortunes were sagging...


Gotta disagree with ya there ncf.....

I don't mind looking at Lever's OP reprobate photo.

I can't stand looking at Gragnani's game tonight.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm thinking that this is just one more nail in the coffin of Luongo's relationship and tenure here in Vancouver. He's really only at fault on one of those, Perry's goal was a backhander that is tough to stop but it was still short side when he was down early, and that 3rd goal did go right under him, but still only Getzlaf's goal can be hung on him. Regardless, the fans pretty much just gave their collective opinion in regards to the goaltending situation here.

There's a good chance that this little episode may have been the souring point on Louie's side of the coin. Not his fault, a mercy pull by AV, but also a message to the team and the fans that this year in the playoffs it will be a different story in the crease, and that the leash is short.

In other news, Henrik is really starting to dial it in. Moving the puck, making little dekes here and there that we haven't seen much of before. I think it's just a glimmer, and I think that the Sedins are both going to light things up big time starting 7 days from now. If this year has taught me anything it is that these Swedes are cagier than I thought, and chances are they will be pulling shit out of their ass on an as needed basis.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Hank » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Meds wrote:I'm thinking that this is just one more nail in the coffin of Luongo's relationship and tenure here in Vancouver. He's really only at fault on one of those, Perry's goal was a backhander that is tough to stop but it was still short side when he was down early, and that 3rd goal did go right under him, but still only Getzlaf's goal can be hung on him. Regardless, the fans pretty much just gave their collective opinion in regards to the goaltending situation here.

There's a good chance that this little episode may have been the souring point on Louie's side of the coin. Not his fault, a mercy pull by AV, but also a message to the team and the fans that this year in the playoffs it will be a different story in the crease, and that the leash is short.

In other news, Henrik is really starting to dial it in. Moving the puck, making little dekes here and there that we haven't seen much of before. I think it's just a glimmer, and I think that the Sedins are both going to light things up big time starting 7 days from now. If this year has taught me anything it is that these Swedes are cagier than I thought, and chances are they will be pulling shit out of their ass on an as needed basis.


I missed the first two periods... don't want to sound like a tit and start another goalie controversy BUTT... sounds like Lu was suckling big time?

Just saw the highlight of Henrik's stickhandling clinic. I'm all for breaking up the twins for the playoffs, they were getting too predictable and reliant on each other. Daniel should add some much needed punch to the second line.
Hank
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Another thing on the goaltending tonight.....

Schneider faced half the number of shots in 12+ minutes that Luongo saw in 27+ minutes. So the defense didn't tighten up once Schneider was between the pipes, Schneids just shut the door.

Moreover, the team looked different out there. Sometimes the case when a goaltending change is made, but it is almost ALWAYS the case in Vancouver.

I liked what the TSN panel said about this. Especially MacKenzie.....let Luongo hang himself so that the team doesn't have to deal with the back and forth crap. The consensus from the TSN trio was that Lou starts, but if Schneider gets in he stays in.

I think Schneider just made the case for everyone with way he played that SH 2-on-1.....so calm, waited the shooter out, trusted his defenseman, closed the door. Classically, Luongo would have bit early and we'd be down 5-4.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Hank wrote:
Meds wrote:I'm thinking that this is just one more nail in the coffin of Luongo's relationship and tenure here in Vancouver. He's really only at fault on one of those, Perry's goal was a backhander that is tough to stop but it was still short side when he was down early, and that 3rd goal did go right under him, but still only Getzlaf's goal can be hung on him. Regardless, the fans pretty much just gave their collective opinion in regards to the goaltending situation here.

There's a good chance that this little episode may have been the souring point on Louie's side of the coin. Not his fault, a mercy pull by AV, but also a message to the team and the fans that this year in the playoffs it will be a different story in the crease, and that the leash is short.

In other news, Henrik is really starting to dial it in. Moving the puck, making little dekes here and there that we haven't seen much of before. I think it's just a glimmer, and I think that the Sedins are both going to light things up big time starting 7 days from now. If this year has taught me anything it is that these Swedes are cagier than I thought, and chances are they will be pulling shit out of their ass on an as needed basis.


I missed the first two periods... don't want to sound like a tit and start another goalie controversy BUTT... sounds like Lu was suckling big time?

Just saw the highlight of Henrik's stickhandling clinic. I'm all for breaking up the twins for the playoffs, they were getting too predictable and reliant on each other. Daniel should add some much needed punch to the second line.


Well, a .733 SV% on 15 shots pretty much sums it up.

I agree on the split the twins bit. See what happens.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Ducks 7PM PST TSN

Postby Hank » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Meds wrote:Well, a .733 SV% on 15 shots pretty much sums it up.


Yeah, that looks like a botched boob job.
Hank
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5thhorseman and 3 guests