Canucks exhibition game in West Kelowna (Vote 4 Hockeyville)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks exhibition game in West Kelowna (Vote 4 Hockeyvi

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote:
dhabums wrote:I can't do it, I can't vote for anything that has Andrew Ladd's face attached to it.

Sorry West Kelowna.
Don't be a douche.
A douche would be voting for Beardy's 30x a day. Wait, I am a douche then.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Well we tried damnit. Fell a little short to a small town in Ont outside of Toronto(with a 6 million population). Congratulations to them , although they now have to sit through an exhibition game with the Laughs. whereas we would have watched a Stanley Cup Championship hockey team here.

We received almost 3 million votes. An astonishing number really.

We really appreciate the support we received from this message board and what we got out of this whole exercise is a new appreciation of the community we live in.

Again thank you .
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

okcanuck wrote:Well we tried damnit. Fell a little short to a small town in Ont outside of Toronto(with a 6 million population). Congratulations to them , although they now have to sit through an exhibition game with the Laughs. whereas we would have watched a Stanley Cup Championship hockey team here.

We received almost 3 million votes. An astonishing number really.

We really appreciate the support we received from this message board and what we got out of this whole exercise is a new appreciation of the community we live in.

Again thank you .
If hockeyville is about seeing an NHL exhibition game?
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

The exhibition game would have generated more revenue for refurbishing our rink than the $100,000 first prize.

We did receive $25,000 for finishing in the top 5,which is going to be put to good use.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Good news on the $25,000 - is the for the local rink?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Cornuck wrote:Good news on the $25,000 - is the for the local rink?

Yes.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

Stirling is about 100 miles east of Toronto.

I grew up in a small town just a few miles on the Toronto side of Stirling (which is the biggest town in Rowden township, population of the town is just over 2000 people). We had a good rivalry with them in sports, and I can't ever remember loosing to them in hockey at any level through public and high school. I am not sure how their teams do now.

The exhibition game will likely be played in Belleville, home of the Jr A Belleville Bulldogs, as that would be the biggest arena that is close. The arena holds just over 3000 people.

Too bad for Kelowna, but I guess Stirling somehow got the Ontario vote, plus no doubt disgruntled Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton fans :(