GDT MARCH 31 - VAN vs. The CAL - 7PM CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT MARCH 31 - VAN vs. The CAL - 7PM CBC

Post by tantalum »

Wasn't pretty but it got the job done.

Kassian with a nice game. Really seemed to work well with Ebbett.

Our #20 is better than their #20.

Our #4 is also better than their #4.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Nice to see the hobbit get the game winner. If my name is Raymond I'm wondering if I play next game or if the hobbit gets my spot. Just saying.

Yes, Kassian had a good game. Nice to see. He was throwing his weight around and went to the net with the puck. Had some nice shots. Maybe he is feeling more comfortable. Good to see MAG get a goal too. He has been working hard and I no longer cringe when he is on the ice. Did Alberts dress tonight? I barely heard his name.

Not the best of games for us, we played when we had to. Calgary looked disinterested, can't blame them. 3 more to go and then the season starts. Man is it a long pre season eh?
The only HW the Canucks need
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:Nice to see the hobbit get the game winner. If my name is Raymond I'm wondering if I play next
Not the best of games for us, we played when we had to. Calgary looked disinterested, can't blame them. 3 more to go and then the season starts. Man is it a long pre season eh?

Professional golf season.

Actually now I would like to see the Canucks push for the President's trophy as it might serve as some extra momentum to get us fired up for the playoffs.

Hoping to see some Kassian transformation in this playoffs. The kid is going to be learning a lot
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It helps that that one OT goal officially eliminated the Flames. Has a nice smell to it.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Good game, a lot less big wins this season, more closer game. i think it will help come playoffs.

A lot more drinks this year, I think it will keep me more mellow, more Grey Goose on ice or some whiskey straight and you will see a happier reefer (PS I own a salt water tank, well used too)

PSS - amazing the more you drink the more the keys on the key board move and you need spell check :lol:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

easy on the Bushmills there, reef...
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Crzy Canuck wrote:
Actually now I would like to see the Canucks push for the President's trophy as it might serve as some extra momentum to get us fired up for the playoffs.
Not bad odds on that happening... Tied with Rags.. who have a game in hand but tough opponents - Bruins , Phillie,Pittsburgh and Washington for their last 4 games.. Blues or Canucks? We got the easier schedule. Ducks , Oil, Flames.. Blues get Detroit, Phoenix and Dallas...
Finally we get games that mean something :)..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Nice to see the hobbit get the game winner.
LOL

aw come on now.

All I take it is if we need toughness Weise is the #1, Bitz #2, but when we need more talent/scoring Ebbett will get a lot of games this postseason, as most games are pretty close, and all we need is a lucky goal here and there, and AE can provide that.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Tiger wrote:Crzy Canuck wrote:
Not bad odds on that happening... Tied with Rags.. who have a game in hand but tough opponents - Bruins , Phillie,Pittsburgh and Washington for their last 4 games.. Blues or Canucks? We got the easier schedule. Ducks , Oil, Flames.. Blues get Detroit, Phoenix and Dallas...
It feels a bit weird, but GO BRUINS? (in my best douchebag southie accent) Wicked awesome.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Nice to see the hobbit get the game winner.
LOL

aw come on now.

All I take it is if we need toughness Weise is the #1, Bitz #2, but when we need more talent/scoring Ebbett will get a lot of games this postseason, as most games are pretty close, and all we need is a lucky goal here and there, and AE can provide that.
Hey I like the way he played when he got the chance, before OT and in OT, when Raymond was benched, to play with Kesler. I would seriously think about sitting Raymond and letting Ebbett have his spot for the next game, put Weise back on the 4th line.
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

^^^
yep... I think Raymond could be a guy that needs more than just one game in the pressbox to get the point. After sitting out a game, he came back and gave the team 3 excellent games with puck battles along the boards, smarter plays with the puck in terms of utilizing his teammates, going to the net with and without the puck, and even hitting a little bit.

It looks to me though, that he is back to his old ways of avoiding puck battles, skating around with the puck seemingly unaware o the positional game, and looking VERY easy to push off his feet.

Love his potential, but he cannot seem to keep it together.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The playoffs are not the time to "earn" your ice time. If he hasn't found his game by then its time to sit him. Ebbett or Bitz, IMHO, would be better choices to play along with kesler and Booth. Both will go to the net, both are aggressive with the forecheck, both have speed, albeit not to match Raymond,s and both can play a defensive game. I like how Ebbett has learned the art of deflection and I think planting him in front of the net or having Bitz on he forecheck would make Kesler and Booth more dangerous. So if Raymond can't get it together then he should sit.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:The playoffs are not the time to "earn" your ice time. If he hasn't found his game by then its time to sit him. Ebbett or Bitz, IMHO, would be better choices to play along with kesler and Booth. Both will go to the net, both are aggressive with the forecheck, both have speed, albeit not to match Raymond,s and both can play a defensive game. I like how Ebbett has learned the art of deflection and I think planting him in front of the net or having Bitz on he forecheck would make Kesler and Booth more dangerous. So if Raymond can't get it together then he should sit.
I completely agree but I am not sure AV would sit Raymond for more than a game, especially in the playoffs. Ebbett has plenty of skills and smart to play with Kesler and Booth. This playoffs will be the last chance for Raymond. If he fails, I hope he would not be a Canuck to start next season.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Jovocop wrote: ...but I am not sure AV would sit Raymond for more than a game, especially in the playoffs.
That might be a good plan to utilize our depth. Raymond is the kind of guy that will get worn down in long grinding series so to platoon him might mean you will be getting the most out him. He would be healthy, rested and motivated when he gets into a game. Kinda like basketball's 6th man, or maybe more like Tim Tebow. ;)
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

dhabums wrote:
Tiger wrote:Crzy Canuck wrote:
It feels a bit weird, but GO BRUINS? (in my best douchebag southie accent) Wicked awesome.
Too bad that a nothing-nothing tie can't be a loss for BOTH teams. :twisted: