GDT MARCH 31 - VAN vs. The CAL - 7PM CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT MARCH 31 - VAN vs. The CAL - 7PM CBC

Post by vic »

Let's serenade the Flames tonight... Canucks score 10 in celebration of Pavel's 40th birthday..

NA NA NA NA... NA NA NA NA... HEY HEY HEY... GOODBYE!

(edit... Sorry about the title... Trying out a new auto complete keyboard on my tablet)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT MARCH 31 - VAN vs. The CAL - 7PM CBC

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Hobbit plays tonight while Weise sits. 4th line has Many, Kassian and the Hobbit. Unless the score gets run up either way I can't see the 4th line getting a ton of ice tonight.
The only HW the Canucks need
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Hockey Widow wrote:The Hobbit plays tonight while Weise sits. 4th line has Many, Kassian and the Hobbit. Unless the score gets run up either way I can't see the 4th line getting a ton of ice tonight.
Probably a dumb question but who is the hobbit? Lol.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
I think HW is referring to Andrew (Silent H) Hebbit.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

vic wrote:Let's serenade the Flames tonight... Canucks score 10 in celebration of Pavel's 40th birthday..

(edit... Sorry about the title... Trying out a new auto complete keyboard on my tablet)

Happy 40th b-day last year, Pavel.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:

Yep. Like I said the Hobbit.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Hank wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:

Yep. Like I said the Hobbit.
So the 'obbit is back then eh wot loove?

Must say I'm quite looking forward to 'im 'n 'iggins 'avin their way with the 'illbillies.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

dhabums wrote:
vic wrote:Let's serenade the Flames tonight... Canucks score 10 in celebration of Pavel's 40th birthday..

Happy 40th b-day last year, Pavel.
Ohhh... Well then let's hope for 10 goals on 41 shots! :-P
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:The Hobbit plays tonight while Weise sits. 4th line has Many, Kassian and the Hobbit. Unless the score gets run up either way I can't see the 4th line getting a ton of ice tonight.
And this is a failure of AV considering the #2 seed is locked up. If you can't run that line out for more than 10 minutes tonight against the Flames AV is an idiot.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Things can change because the Jackets suck but right now they are up 3-1 on the Blues halfway through the game. That lead holds and the Canucks can take over first place in the conference. And if this is the case I would imagine that AV will be coaching to get into that position....though it likely means walking the central division gauntlet earlier rather than later.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

tantalum wrote:Things can change because the Jackets suck but right now they are up 3-1 on the Blues halfway through the game. That lead holds and the Canucks can take over first place in the conference. And if this is the case I would imagine that AV will be coaching to get into that position....though it likely means walking the central division gauntlet earlier rather than later.
I hope the Canucks win the Presidents Trophy and overtake St. Louis and then NYR.

A Presidents' trophy may have 1/1000th of the significance that a Stanley Cup does, but it's still a nice honor.....and it does add to the legacy of the players.

I think Mëds made a great point the other day. There is absolutely nothing wrong with earning the right to put up another banner in Rogers Arena and building on the Franchise's legacy.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Blues have lost so a canuck win puts them in sole possession of first in the conference. Lose the tiebreaker to the Rangers so would be second in the league.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
And this is a failure of AV considering the #2 seed is locked up. If you can't run that line out for more than 10 minutes tonight against the Flames AV is an idiot.

The only thing that really makes sense is that AV is not sold on Weise playing 4th line minutes in the playoffs and is unsure about Raymond. So, he wants to get the hobbit some ice time before the playoffs to have a look see.

I think Dank will get back, Lappy will move back to the 4th line, Bitz will get the call up and if Raymond is not producing we may see Bitz on the 2nd line at some point.

But the game is pretty boring. The Canucks just don''t get up for Flame games anymore. I was surprised to see Iginla scratched :D
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

tantalum wrote:Blues have lost so a canuck win puts them in sole possession of first in the conference. Lose the tiebreaker to the Rangers so would be second in the league.
Here is one thing I can't wrap my head around: Are the Rangers and Blues really THAT good? Teams like Boston and Pitsburgh for instance....I can understand.......but I'm just not overly familiar with those teams. I do know however, that Ken Hitchcock would probably be in the running for "coach of the century" award if there ever was such an award.