GDT - Canucks vs Stars 7PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Stars 7PM PST TSN

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Hockey Widow wrote:Anyone still worried?
Feeling much better after tonight.

I did have some concerns about the Canucks' ability to score, but tonight's game appeased me quite a bit. Hopefully, we see this come playoff time.

I am really glad to see that the Canucks have stepped it up since the Chicago game.......and are gunning for the Presidents Trophy. The Presidents Trophy may have 1/1000th of the significance of a Stanley Cup, but it still has some merit......and winning a Presidents Trophy back to back is still quite impressive.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Don't think so or this thread would be 9 pages. The shutdown Canucks better be careful though, they just squandered 5 games worth of goals one one measly game.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:Nice to see Hank get 3 points tonight. That was not a bad line with Burrows and Lappy. The only
5 wins in a row after an OT loss to Chicago. 11 out of 12 possible points. Anyone still worried?

Oh I'm so worried. Because Hodgson is carrying Buffalo into playoffs whereas Kass is trying to catch his breath in the 3rd!

And that Pahlsson! C'mon! He does shitz!

:lol:
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Hockey Widow wrote:Nice to see Hank get 3 points tonight. That was not a bad line with Burrows and Lappy. The only problem is that is reduced our 4th line to minimal ice time. Perhaps went eh playoffs start and we have players like Bitz and Reinprecht (sp) we will be able to put together a decent 4th line again. That is if Dank can't go.

I wonder if putting Dank with Kesler and Booth is worth a shot? They have been ice cold since they lost Higgins to the shut down line. I mean Higgins alone has out scored Kesler and Booth combined since the change.

Anyway, nice to see a 5 goal performance especially against the Stars. We have had trouble with them this year so it is encouraging that in such an important game for them we were able to put on that performance.

A word about Luongo. He has matured this year. I don't ever recall him pulling himself because of a nagging injury. For him to put the team first like that and say he just didn't feel right and needed the night off IMHO is huge for a guy with such an ego. Good on him. And Lou, if the neck still hurts tomorrow no problem, let Cory take that one too and get more rest.

5 wins in a row after an OT loss to Chicago. 11 out of 12 possible points. Anyone still worried?
Yes..getting Lappy back to the 4th line would help it; Daniel would help the 2nd; & Luongo's maturing helps the team. Luongo was a distraction we didn't need in the SCF.

Also, splitting Dank up & mixing them with bigger/nastier players makes them a less inviting target.

I'll be worried until we get to the end. It's part of the entertainment.

Burrows-Henrik-Kassian/Bitz + Booth-Kesler-Daniel please.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Feeling much better after tonight.

I did have some concerns about the Canucks' ability to score, but tonight's game appeased me quite a bit. Hopefully, we see this come playoff time.

I am really glad to see that the Canucks have stepped it up since the Chicago game.......and are gunning for the Presidents Trophy. The Presidents Trophy may have 1/1000th of the significance of a Stanley Cup, but it still has some merit......and winning a Presidents Trophy back to back is still quite impressive.

1 game appeased you? Fickle.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Certainly nice to see some numbers other than 0 beside the names of Sedin, LaPIerre, Burrows, Kassian and Gragnani. I see/hear a lot of people down on Kassian and while he is certainly raw and trying to find his place he is already one of the teams best players along the board when he has possession of the puck. He makes some nice plays. He needs to work on his skills to gain that possession in the first place though.

Thought Raymond had a bit of a tough game. Started bringing that puck up the boards again. At least he remembered to dump it back behind the net rather than out of the zone.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm confused, I thought AV wasn't gonna flip the switch until the playoffs. Is he jumpin the gun?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote:He needs to work on his skills to gain that possession in the first place though.
That is why I don't like the trade. Ya just don't trade skilled young centers with a knack for scoring and creating plays for teamates for Meat and Potato's, lunch bucket, Daryl Sutter, Calgary Flames type hockey players, never. You can't teach skill. And skill sells tickets. Trust me this trade in the end will be something similar to the Stojanov for Naslund trade. Except we lose this time. I remember Pittsburgh desperately looking for someone who can play in the top 3 to protect Lemieux. Of course, it did not worked out and clearly regretted the trade not too long after. I know my opinion don't sit all that well with the Gillis lovers here, never questioning any of his moves, so just do what you always do and put your hands over your ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, I can't hear you, I can't hear you......"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I thought Cody had little daschund legs and couldn't skate, but now he's a star????

Fuck I am hungover this morning. My son has a soccer tournament all weekend and it feels like someone used my head for a soccer ball. I'm sure it will be pissing rain all weekend too.

I think there must be a hole in my bottle of vodka. :?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

An absolute star Cody is. Or perhaps he had stars in his eyes last night as he watched is man Sidney Crosby score last night as he spun around confused as to who he should be covering (it was Crosby).

Kassian has skill. A lot of it. Skill might not be something you can teach and lunch bucket type players might be something you can find but it's hard to find both in the same player and that is what Kassian might be. It is also telling that much of what has ailed the team is helped by a raw 21 year old rookie and not the over abundance of skill the team had.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:An absolute star Cody is. Or perhaps he had stars in his eyes last night as he watched is man Sidney Crosby score last night as he spun around confused as to who he should be covering (it was Crosby).

Kassian has skill. A lot of it. Skill might not be something you can teach and lunch bucket type players might be something you can find but it's hard to find both in the same player and that is what Kassian might be. It is also telling that much of what has ailed the team is helped by a raw 21 year old rookie and not the over abundance of skill the team had.
LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

dhabums wrote:

1 game appeased you? Fickle.
I realize that it was just one game out of the last dozen or so, but yes.......it did appease me. That's not to say that I no longer have concerns/reservations however.