OK, So What I have been told

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OK, So What I have been toldvi

Post by Potatoe1 »

clem wrote: Or you could drink some kool aid.
The only propaganda I have seen recently is the local media, creating a story because otherwise there wouldn't be one.

The reality is team "I don't give a fuck" is somehow managing to beat team "OMG if we lose we are screwed" more often then not. That shouldn't be hapening and it's a positive not a negative regardless of how many we win by.

But feel free to follow along while Botch, and the other guys with nothing to talk about, create the naritive

You like Strawberry-Raspberry, or Blastin' Berry Cherry ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: OK, So What I have been told

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
My friend this night is heading out of control as we speak. I have an old pisstank friend on the way to my humble abode as of now
Excellent!

Have the wife and kids scattered yet?
I have to step over the little one but it's all good. Great to have you back again.....if i didn't say so. ;)

As an asside did you here what they were saying about you in the bar and grill Pac B ? :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
As an asside did you here what they were saying about you in the bar and grill Pac B ? :lol:
The Farhan Lalji responds: I'm curious about this as well now. What was said?
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Mix it with something 150 proof and I'd be down, lol.
That could put you down all right.

It looked like you might be ready to drink some potatoe champagne.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Potatoe1 wrote:
The only propaganda I have seen recently is the local media, creating a story because otherwise there wouldn't be one.

The reality is team "I don't give a fuck" is somehow managing to beat team "OMG if we lose we are screwed" more often then not. That shouldn't be hapening and it's a positive not a negative regardless of how many we win by.

But feel free to follow along while Botch, and the other guys with nothing to talk about, create the naritive

You like Strawberry-Raspberry, or Blastin' Berry Cherry ?
I don't have much time to listen to Botch and the other guys. What are they saying?

Farhan & Dude on the other hand, were making some interesting points (in their own unique ways).

Don't like kool aid much, - of any variety.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

7th in goals for
4th in goals against

Any team allowing less goals than Vancouver has scored at least 28 goals less.

If you are going to cite the finals remember it was not the games the won that were the problem it was games they lost and they lost them by allowing too many goals. I'm oky with what we see until it means they can't win.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

clem wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
Mix it with something 150 proof and I'd be down, lol.
That could put you down all right.

It looked like you might be ready to drink some potatoe champagne.
LOL.

Good one buds.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Vpete wrote:7th in goals for
4th in goals against

Any team allowing less goals than Vancouver has scored at least 28 goals less.

If you are going to cite the finals remember it was not the games the won that were the problem it was games they lost and they lost them by allowing too many goals. I'm oky with what we see until it means they can't win.
Those are actually some really good points.

However - one can also argue that despite winning OR losing, the Canucks couldn't score worth shit.....and when they gave up the first goal of the hockey game, they knew they'd be facing a MASSIVE uphill battle and would lose a lot of spirit.

Here's an interesting stat: Canucks/Bruins had 22 periods against each other in the finals last year. In 11 of those 22 periods, Boston did not score a single goal........which may support the theory that when we DID give up goals, we'd lose faith and multiple goals against would ensue......stemming from our lack of faith in scoring against Thomas.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Vpete wrote: Here's an interesting stat: Canucks/Bruins had 22 periods against each other in the finals last year. In 11 of those 22 periods, Boston did not score a single goal........which may support the theory that when we DID give up goals, we'd lose faith and multiple goals against would ensue......stemming from our lack of faith in scoring against Thomas.
Thomas had a season for the ages though, in addition their defense led by Chara knew how to cover his weaknesses down low as well.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Potatoe1 wrote: This whole city needs to give their heads a shake, how the canucks are playing right now means virtually noting (well other then the fact we are beating all these desperate teams with mediocre efforts), but yet there seems to be wide spread angst.

This city needs to give it's collective head a shake.
Potatoe1 wrote:The only propaganda I have seen recently is the local media, creating a story because otherwise there wouldn't be one.
That is exactly right, this is a media-driven issue, particularly and almost single-handedly Tony Gallagher. It pisses me off that that guy gets such a big stage and makes the whole city look retarded.

Note to non-Vancouverites: Tony Gallagher does not speak for us.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote:particularly and almost single-handedly Tony Gallagher. It pisses me off that that guy gets such a big stage and makes the whole city look retarded.

Why are you being so insecure that you had to speak for everyone like that.

Does it really matter what TG says to you?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ESQ wrote: That is exactly right, this is a media-driven issue, particularly and almost single-handedly Tony Gallagher. It pisses me off that that guy gets such a big stage and makes the whole city look retarded.

This Utter Horse Shit was posted by Tony G just 11 days ago. Since then the Canucks have gone 6-0-1.

There are retards in every city, for sure, but ours get a lot of print/airtime/tv time and the mouth-breathers ingest it all and colour all of us reasonable fans as cousin-fuckers.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
ESQ wrote: That is exactly right, this is a media-driven issue, particularly and almost single-handedly Tony Gallagher. It pisses me off that that guy gets such a big stage and makes the whole city look retarded.

This Utter Horse Shit was posted by Tony G just 11 days ago. Since then the Canucks have gone 6-0-1.

There are retards in every city, for sure, but ours get a lot of print/airtime/tv time and the mouth-breathers ingest it all and colour all of us reasonable fans as cousin-fuckers.
Wow.

I don't read the province and I'd like to thank you for reminding me why that is.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

SKYO wrote:
ESQ wrote:particularly and almost single-handedly Tony Gallagher. It pisses me off that that guy gets such a big stage and makes the whole city look retarded.

Actually, yes. TG has been shooting his mouth off for four months that Cody Hodgson wasn't getting top six minutes and should have been. All along old man Hodgson and Ritch Winter were taking turns with their hand up TG's ass using him as a puppet for their propanganda. TG is a weasel but when you hear or read his diatribe, you know it is coming from one of the player's agent or the PA. Not the fans or the Vancouver teams.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote:

Its because I'm in the midst of a season-long trash talk with a leaves fan who lives in Vancouver, and I hate it when he has ammunition to say "Canucks fans are idiots". That's actually a very common perception around the country, and it really pisses me off, because the only way a "fan base" is judged is by the media's portrayal of the fans. When Gallagher says shit like "AV has lost the room" or "Pahlsson is going to suck the life out of the offense", people think that's what Vancouver fans believe.

I don't know if this is more common in Vancouver than in other markets, but the volume of purely media-driven stories drives me nuts.