OK, So What I have been told

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: OK, So What I have been told

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Orcasfan wrote:Still remorseful about Cody, ey? :look: Given the moves at the deadline - especially the trade for Sami P - I think we can assume that GMMG % Co have made a very different evaluation of what went wrong in the SCF last year.
Curious to know if some of that 'evaluation' you seem to be a fly on the wall on involved the fact that we could only score 8 goals in 7 games?
First of all, 8 goals in 7 games is wrong. It should 8 goals in 6 games or 12 goals in 7 games.

Last 7 games

FINAL CBJ (3) - VAN (4)
FINAL VAN (0) - MIN (2)
FINAL VAN (1) - CHI (2) OT
FINAL VAN (2) - DAL (1)
FINAL VAN (3) - COL (2) OT
FINAL LAK (0) - VAN (1)
FINAL COL (0) - VAN (1)

Canucks was 12 GF and 10 GF in the last 7 games or 8 GF and 7 GA in the last 6 games. If you want to magnify the problem, the Canucks only score 2 goals in the last two games... but gave up nothing...

If you take out the first two games against Columbus and Minnesota (non-playoffs teams), the Canucks have a 4-1 record against playoffs (or trying to make the playoffs) teams.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

He's referring to our performance against Boston (8 goals in 7 games).
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Farhan Lalji wrote:He's referring to our performance against Boston (8 goals in 7 games).
My bad.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
dbr wrote:
Of course Pahlsson is as limited as Hodgson, it's just that he is limited to being the type of player that offers exactly what the organization wanted from its third line center.
I think exactly what we need right now dan bob rick is offense, not defense, and besides, with the way we've been getting outshot lately, I believe it's goaltending that is saving us and not defense. Unfortunately for Lou and Ginger, we have no offense to cushion a lead that makes their job a little bit easier.
Let me get this straight.... if we win all our playoff games 1-0 or by 1 goal you are still gonna bitch about 'it?!

:eh:

What did you do with BikerDude? We want him back :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Jovocop wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Curious to know if some of that 'evaluation' you seem to be a fly on the wall on involved the fact that we could only score 8 goals in 7 games?
First of all, 8 goals in 7 games is wrong. It should 8 goals in 6 games or 12 goals in 7 games.

Last 7 games

FINAL CBJ (3) - VAN (4)
FINAL VAN (0) - MIN (2)
FINAL VAN (2) - DAL (1)
FINAL LAK (0) - VAN (1)
FINAL COL (0) - VAN (1)

Canucks was 12 GF and 10 GF in the last 7 games or 8 GF and 7 GA in the last 6 games. If you want to magnify the problem, the Canucks only score 2 goals in the last two games... but gave up nothing...

If you take out the first two games against Columbus and Minnesota (non-playoffs teams), the Canucks have a 4-1 record against playoffs (or trying to make the playoffs) teams.
The team has been playing kitty bar the door for weeks.

So is management.

They claim players need unspecifed amounts of rest & recovery time, & may be ready for the play offs. Preparations for the big storm.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Arachnid wrote:
Let me get this straight.... if we win all our playoff games 1-0 or by 1 goal you are still gonna bitch about 'it?!

:eh:
:
No offense but you need to give your head a shake if you truly believe that.

Of course RD would be happy if we won all of our playoff games 1-0. He also knows however that it's not realistic, and that the more our offense struggles.......the greater the strain and pressure that it puts on our goalies. The series against Boston was a perfect example of this unfortunately.

Hopefully, posters on here start reading posts of others a little more carefully before commenting.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Of course RD would be happy if we won all of our playoff games 1-0. He also knows however that it's not realistic, and that the more our offense struggles.......the greater the strain and pressure that it puts on our goalies. The series against Boston was a perfect example of this unfortunately.
Coulda shoulda woulda. The point Spidey is trying to make is that WE'RE WINNING.

I'll worry about scoring enough goals when we aren't scoring enough goals.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Playing defensively in preparation for the playoffs is one thing.

Inability of the first and second lines to score is something else. Maybe they need some time for upper body recovery. A mental reset. Or just a kick in the ass.

Shuffling lines may be AV’s version of a kick in the ass.

Another Sedin might help as well.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Jovocop wrote:
FINAL CBJ (3) - VAN (4)
FINAL VAN (0) - MIN (2)
FINAL VAN (2) - DAL (1)
FINAL LAK (0) - VAN (1)
FINAL COL (0) - VAN (1)
What I find quite amusing about this discussion and the constant 1040 chatter over the past few days, is that despite having nothing at all to play for and playing against teams who's seasons are on the line, we have still won 4 in a row.

Like honestly, people are worried about the first round, but none of these teams can ever beat us when we have basically nothing to play for.

Does no one get the fact that we just eliminated Colorado (who have been playing great hockey for months) when the team really didn't give a fuck?

Oh yeah and then there is the little thing about our best offensive player being hurt....

This whole city needs to give their heads a shake, how the canucks are playing right now means virtually noting (well other then the fact we are beating all these desperate teams with mediocre efforts), but yet there seems to be wide spread angst.

This city needs to give it's collective head a shake.

The regular season is basically over, we are going to finish in the second seed, that has been obvious for almost a month. Guys are being rested and the team is just hoping to have a healthy roster for game 1.

Relax, forget about the rest of the season and get ready for the playoffs.

So much angst this year over nothing, seriously wow...
Farhan Lalji

Re: OK, So What I have been toldvi

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Good post Pot.

For me personally, Im just a bit concerned over having the same scoring woes as last year in the post-season. Outside of San Jose, the twins were shut down for the most part. Outside of Nashville, Kesler wasn't the offensive juggernaut that management is now hoping him to be.

That, combined with the fact that the twins and Kes haven't been as offensively potent this year, has me a bit concerned.

But again - the fact they are on a 4 game win streak with almost zero motivation is also pretty damn impressive.

Maybe the Canucks DO have a 180 "on" switch for the playoffs as far as their offense goes..........maybe they don't.
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:Of course RD would be happy if we won all of our playoff games 1-0. He also knows however that it's not realistic, and that the more our offense struggles.......the greater the strain and pressure that it puts on our goalies. The series against Boston was a perfect example of this unfortunately.
Coulda shoulda woulda. The point Spidey is trying to make is that WE'RE WINNING.

I'll worry about scoring enough goals when we aren't scoring enough goals.
And the ultimate point that I'm making, is that it could ultimately take it's toll on the goalies if they are constantly expected to let in one goal or less game in game out........as was the case against Boston last year.

Yes......we're winning......but how long can we win games by 1-0 or 2-1 before the goalie starts to realize that if he let's in one goal, that could very well be the game?.....as was the case against Boston last year.

Again - this could all be a moot point since the Canucks aren't playing up to their full potential right now..........but they've been "coasting" for almost a couple of months now due to the fact that they had the division pretty much secured. I hope that "on" switch is ready to go come mid April.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Good post Pot.

For me personally, Im just a bit concerned over having the same scoring woes as last year in the post-season.

The team doesn't give a fuck, their regular season was over a month ago....

Do you think that team "we don't give a fuck" is going to score a pile of goals against team "omg if we lose we are fucked" ?

During the season when we had something to play for we were easily a top3 offensive club, just like we have been for several years. And our offence was fine in the playoffs last year until half our players got hurt.

Stop stressing and go have a beer....

If you truly need to worry, then worry about is injuries, not if a healthy and motivated Canuck team can score more then 1 goal a game.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:Good post Pot.

For me personally, Im just a bit concerned over having the same scoring woes as last year in the post-season.

The team doesn't give a fuck, their regular season was over a month ago....

Do you think that team "we don't give a fuck" is going to score a pile of goals against team "omg if we lose we are fucked" ?

During the season when we had something to play for we were easily a top3 offensive club, just like we have been for several years. And our offence was fine in the playoffs last year until half our players got hurt.

If you truly need to worry, then worry about is injuries, not if a healthy and motivated Canuck team can score more then 1 goal a game.
Or you could drink some kool aid.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Potatoe wrote:

That's a given good sir. :-p

P.s. In a weird sort of way, I'm actually hoping the Canucks win 1-0 tonight just to see what Royaldude ends up saying, rofl.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

clem wrote: Or you could drink some kool aid.
Mix it with something 150 proof and I'd be down, lol.