Avalanche @ Canucks - Mar 28 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Avalanche @ Canucks - Mar 28 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Post by coco_canuck »

rats19 wrote: Plainly...
Benjamin Franklin all the way.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

coco_canuck wrote:
rats19 wrote: Plainly...
Benjamin Franklin all the way.
He that kills a breeding sow,destroys her offspring to the thousandth generation... :idea:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:Thnx Larry....wouldnt it be brilliant to have all this angst....turn out to be deliberate trolling and propaganda perfectly perpetrated painting a perplexing picture on post season play.
That was well done.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

rats19 wrote: He that kills a breeding sow,destroys her offspring to the thousandth generation... :idea:
It's only pragmatic.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

If this "not giving up information on systems play" late in the season thing is true, AND it turns out to be effective, it would be an interesting new twist on how NHL teams prepare for the post-season. To my knowledge, I've not really heard of it being done in hockey. It happens in football a bit... it's quite effective there as teams prepare for their opponents in great detail based on scouting and film. It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

coco_canuck wrote:
rats19 wrote: He that kills a breeding sow,destroys her offspring to the thousandth generation... :idea:
It's only pragmatic.
Predicated..purposely
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

rats19 wrote: Predicated..purposely
Shrewd.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

coco_canuck wrote:
rats19 wrote: Predicated..purposely
Shrewd.
Perspicacious....

Ok, I have almost killed the thread..sorry all... :evil:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...and thesaurus.com.
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:...and thesaurus.com.
Lofl....lever leaves me laughing
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Another side note, I just hope that Olver learned his lesson by now. If not, someone is going to make his career short really soon.

Booth has been a beast in the last few games. BTW, where is RD??
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Squawking in the other forum.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Jovocop wrote:Another side note, I just hope that Olver learned his lesson by now. If not, someone is going to make his career short really soon.

Booth has been a beast in the last few games. BTW, where is RD??
Read in one of the local rags today that Booth did a fair bit of boxing in college.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Puck wrote:If this "not giving up information on systems play" late in the season thing is true, AND it turns out to be effective, it would be an interesting new twist on how NHL teams prepare for the post-season. To my knowledge, I've not really heard of it being done in hockey. It happens in football a bit... it's quite effective there as teams prepare for their opponents in great detail based on scouting and film. It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out.
I was figuring that the Canucks have been playing possum for the past couple of weeks since they essentially sewed up the division. They have 2nd seed locked up so basically the remaining games are glorified scrimmages. What got me was they started playing not to waste energy and/or get hurt, but then Chicago woke them up. Now, it's like exhibition season - new line-ups and D pairings, equal distribution of goaltending starts, etc. Everybody knows they have another gear offensively and it just seems like this is their time to practice playing it tight. Considering the way the games are getting called, that may be the only way to win. Given that any of the teams they've played lately could be 1st-round opponents, you couldn't have asked for better sparring partners.

I really think AV and Newell Brown have more than a couple of PP systems and plays up their sleeves. Brown is too good a strategist and the players are too creative to be this bad at adapting to opposing PKs. That would explain why they keep going for the drop pass on the neutral zone break-ins when everyone and Buddha knows it's coming. Why give the opposition a free peek? T'would be a savvy thing.

At least, I hope that's the explanation. Otherwise.... ooooooooohhh boooyyyy.... :crazy: :shock:

I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote:
I really think AV and Newell Brown have more than a couple of PP systems and plays up their sleeves. Brown is too good a strategist and the players are too creative to be this bad at adapting to opposing PKs. That would explain why they keep going for the drop pass on the neutral zone break-ins when everyone and Buddha knows it's coming. Why give the opposition a free peek? T'would be a savvy thing.
Newell Brown! That's that guys name I see standing behind the bench. He has a look on his face that says "I hope nobody has realized yet, that I am completely useless and have no idea why I am standing here"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau