GDT - Canucks in the Lone Star state - 5 PM PST Mar 22 -SN-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT - Canucks in the Lone Star state - 5 PM PST Mar 22 -

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
donlever wrote: How that make us slower when all we lost is Cory I don't get. We'll agree to disagree on that.

It's a combo thang.

Errrr, Cody right?
Right.

I saw this smoking hot red head earlier today.

Gingers on the brain obviously.

Donny I am blushing. You promised not to tell people you saw me with my pants down. :oops: :oops: :oops:
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Ahem.

Boyz.

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

donlever wrote: I'm flabbergasted that anyone can critque his play as poor last night.
I agree, kid needs to work on his conditioning and his consistancy, but for a first year pro he is looking great.

With his skill set I just dont see how he doesnt turn into a 20 goal 40 point guy. Those numbers with the size and mean streak is a rare combo.
HW reports that Ott was never considered by GMMG once the asking price was Cody. Thankfully mathonwy was not GM that day, sorry bud but thats a bad trade right there.
Love Ott, but trading your best young player for a 30 year old 3rd line type is just deplorable asset management. I think Dalals was talking to Van about Ott before their hot streak, but once they were looking good for a playoff spot they were only willing to deal him if Vancouver over paid.

Chris Tanev looks pretty fukin good out there regardless of his partner.
People talk about Cody playing sheltered minutes, well right now Tanev is getting the opposite.

Playing with Hamhuis going against the other teams best players.

Pretty crazy how good of a defensive player he is with such limited experience. Chris has put the Canucks in a position where they can sit Salo out every other night, that simply wasn't possible earlier in the season. The top4 actually looked pretty solid last night, it was only the 3rd pairing that was poor which isn't a big surprised given Ballard, Rome, and Salo were all out.

If Ballard is back for the playoffs I could actually see the Canucks surviving a short term injury to one of Salo, Hamhuis, Bieksa, or Edler, I would not have thought that a month ago.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: The problem I have Leg is that we need goals. Scoring is a problem for us, especially 5 on 5.
'

I hate being #6 in the NHL for 5on5 F/A.

I hate being #8 in the NHL for total goals 5on5.

I hate that we were awful 5on5 in October.

I really hate websites that give statistics.
Venomous, pure venom. I tip my hat to you. I am slightly wounded, but I will get back up again. That being said, I don't live in yesteryear (October) and stats are for [mod edit]'s like yourself dhabums. Like fighting, you are only as good as your last fight (ask Blobby this, he used to be a legend at the Arms for his pugilism until the blind man knocked him out), nobody gives a shit about your glory days, it is a 'what have you done for me lately' world we live in. All I know, is that Kesler has scored half the goals this season that he scored last year, Hank has 2 goals in his last 31. Raymond's offense is gone and we replaced Cody's 18 goals for Sami's 4, blah, blah, blah. What has happened to our high powered offense we had grown accustomed to.? Gonzo with the Windo. Our style of play bores the shite out of me, I can't stand Jacque Lemaire shut down hockey. We is the new Daryl Sutter Calgary Flames here now. Lunch Bucket/Meat and Potatoes hockey. Kill me if I like an exciting brand of hockey.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I completely agree with Royaldude here.

I Originally was a fan of our moves on trade deadline day, and still am, but this lack of offense of ours is a real concern for me.

Honestly? I wouldn't mind putting Kesler with the twins. Putting all the sperm in one basket. The way - even if a team like Chicago, Nashville, or Boston, focuses all of their efforts on shutting down the twins, they still may not be able to do it.

Meanwhile - the rest of our lines can play.....wait for it......wait for it......SHUTDOWN HOCKEY.....but still have some ability to score (I.e. Dispersion of the rest of our offense on other lines).

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Burrows-Lapierre-Kassian
Higgins-Phalsson-Booth
Hansen-Malhottra-Raymond

Right now - while D. Sedin is out, put Raymond with Sedin and Kesler, while putting Bitz or Weise on the 4th line.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Kill me if I like an exciting brand of hockey.
:hmmm:

Interesting....

*ahem*

At this point I don't care what brand of hockey they play.

They took October off and haven't been at the top of their game for weeks... and they're 2 pts outta 1st overall.

Win the Cup and wotever the "brand" I won't have a problem getting "excited". :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Kill me if I like an exciting brand of hockey.
They took October off and haven't been at the top of their game for weeks... and they're 2 pts outta 1st overall.
Exactly. Last year they won the Presiden't trophy and went to game seven in the SCF.
This year they're slumping and yet they are in the top three of the league! :o

This is a brilliant time to be a Canucks fan, and yet a lot of the posts here sound like we have a bottom of the barrel team that amounts to nothing. Luongo sucks. The twins are past their prime. The d is defect. We have no secondary scoring. We lack skill. We lack size. We lack attitude. :roll:

Looking at the standings, I bet there are some 27 other NHL teams that would love to have our problems.

Maybe they should start adding prozac to the water in BC... give people a more positive outlook... :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.