GDT - Canucks in the Lone Star state - 5 PM PST Mar 22 -SN-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT - Canucks in the Lone Star state - 5 PM PST Mar 22 -

Post by mathonwy »

Ott or Kassian?

I would have chosen Ott.

Kassian is a big slug out there while Ott is everywhere.

We made the wrong trade IMO.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mathonwy wrote:Ott or Kassian?

I would have chosen Ott.

Cody Hodgson for Zack Kassian
Alex Stojanov for Markus Naslund
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
dhabums wrote:
I'd like to see take a penalty within 5 seconds of getting a PP. Not a hook or a hold, but a slash to the wrist. 4 on 4. Or a high stick to the mouth of of the face off.
I feel a certain kinship to you.

Exactly what the fuck is a kinship ? :look:
I think it's when a brother and sister make a baby.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

I would have chosen Ott.

What exactly was the trade for Ott? Was it Hodgson for Ott for 2 years then gone?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, I don't want to put a negative spin on a road win, but Hank Sedin now has two goals in his last 31 games. All the more reason to trade CoHo, especially considering that Ryan Kesler has been rippling the mesh about half as much as he did last season. But now with Sami 'hit the post on a wide open net' Pahlsson manning 3rd line centre with his Shut Down'ness, the twine bulging will have to be coming from other sources outside our top 3 centres.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dhabums wrote:

I would have chosen Ott.

What exactly was the trade for Ott? Was it Hodgson for Ott for 2 years then gone?
Nobody knew exactly what the trade was but I think it was being reported that Dallas was offering Ott for Coho.

Kassian seems to have only one speed and that is somewhere between average and slow. People thought Coho had speed issues? Kassian is even slower than Coho. At least Coho could move at an average speed and stick handle at the same time. Everytime Kassian touches the puck, he comes to a stop.

Other than the fact that he's 6'4, 225lbs, I haven't seen anything from Kassian to be able to justify having him over Coho.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:

I would have chosen Ott.

I think what Mathonwy is trying to say, that the window to win the cup is now, considering our core is at it's peak levels and that why trade CoHo for a project who looks like he should still be playing in the minors like he was with the Buffalo Sabres minor league affiliate the Rochester Americans before Gillis foolishly traded CoHo for. Ott gives us a better chance to win the cup now with his tenaciousness and experience, I mean we were all lead to believe that Kassian was the answer to Lucic and Byfuglian, giving us that kind of representation on our team but it is quite clear to all that he is nowhere near ready to take on such a role and that it might best for all parties to send the young fella down to Chicago and bring the Bitzer back. Maybe Kassian will be that player for us in a few years but the Sedins and the core group of this team will be old hat by then.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote: Other than the fact that he's 6'4, 225lbs, I haven't seen anything from Kassian to be able to justify having him over Coho.
Is there a yawn emoticon?

I get the feeling you were in favor of the Neely/Pederson trade.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mathonwy wrote:
dhabums wrote:

I would have chosen Ott.

Nobody knew exactly what the trade was but I think it was being reported that Dallas was offering Ott for Coho.

Kassian seems to have only one speed and that is somewhere between average and slow. People thought Coho had speed issues? Kassian is even slower than Coho. At least Coho could move at an average speed and stick handle at the same time. Everytime Kassian touches the puck, he comes to a stop.

Other than the fact that he's 6'4, 225lbs, I haven't seen anything from Kassian to be able to justify having him over Coho.
You are a bad man for speaking like this about Kassian, Mathonwy. Just wait til Tantalum and Coco-Canuck and Mëds get wind of your filthy potty mouth.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

If the Canucks somehow win the Pres this year, what exactly can we complain about in retrospect?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:
mathonwy wrote: Other than the fact that he's 6'4, 225lbs, I haven't seen anything from Kassian to be able to justify having him over Coho.

Are you saying that Kassian will be Neely and CoHo will be Pederson. Why is it so wrong for Mathonwy to feel that way about the trade? Why be so condescending?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I would have chosen Ott.

That would have been a silly trade. Steve Ott isn't getting any better, or younger. He's a pest. He's not a tough, big, or skilled player. He's also a $2.95M cap hit. I'd like to have him on my team, but trading Hodgson for him is downright retarded.

Kassian is a rookie. He's recently 21 years old. He's on the first year of his ELC, with a cap hit of only 870K. He's 6'3 - 6'4. He's mean. He's going to get better.

We have a better version of Steve Ott. His name is Alex Burrows. He's cheaper and more talented. We don't need another pest. We need a guy with SIZE that can play. Kassian is going to be that player for us down the road. Worked pretty well driving the net on Raymond's goal tonight... +2 with 3 shots. Ott was what? 2 pims. Good on him... What are you clowns bitching about??

I don't know if you guys are just trolling or what... Coho for Kassian was a futures trade. Pahlsson replaces CoHo and is a better third line centre RIGHT NOW. Pahlsson gives us a better chance to win playoff games than Hodgson.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dhabums wrote:If the Canucks somehow win the Pres this year, what exactly can we complain about in retrospect?
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you saying that winning the Cup isn't everything? That is sacrilegious.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mathonwy wrote:
dhabums wrote:

I would have chosen Ott.

Mathonwy quit while you're behind. Stop licking the dude's ass , you're going to hit one of Bersnoozi's feet.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:

Are you saying that Kassian will be Neely and CoHo will be Pederson. Why is it so wrong for Mathonwy to feel that way about the trade? Why be so condescending?
I think it is stupid to have ANY opinion on the trade on March 22.