GDT - Canucks vs Hawks 5 PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Hawks 5 PM PST TSN

Post by Listercat »

Oh right I forgot about your date!! :mrgreen:
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

It was an enjoyable game for the most part for me... Much better than the 1-1 after regulation suggested.

On the Kieth elbow (and his downplaying of Daniels earlier hit on him in order to disguise his premeditated intent to injure)...
We're watching professionals here guys and gals... They know that shit happens fast, and sometimes accidentally in a "grey area" sort of way. When someone makes a huge hit that is clean, we almost always see the hitter challenged in a short, posturing sort of way.
But the way the Canucks responded to Kieth's elbow was MUCH different than that. To a man, they all knew that it was intent to injure, and they matter of factly handled it as such. And what was more interesting, the Hawks (especially Kieth) had fear in their eyes during the scrums afterwards, and clearly did not seem interested in engaging the Canucks other than in a peacekeeping way.
Along with some of you, I wanted to see the Canucks play the rest of the game with intent to injure anyone in a red jersey, but at the end of the day, I was happy to see the Hawks puss out to the "pussiest team in the league"
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:I happen to know exactly how old she is.
Did you cut her in half and count the rings? 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Pagan!
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:
Listercat wrote:The biggest blame IMO is right at the top, the NHL front office. In some ways I have some sympathy for the on ice officials as they have to just as confused as the players when it comes to consistency. ....
The biggest blame is at the top as you indicate Lister but the on ice refs can suck my left nut.

They fucking know whats right and wrong and Dan O'Halloran is a veteran official.

That call on Keith is a fucking joke, two minutes for elbowing.

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!

Speculative for sure but like I posted earlier if Kassian hits Keith or Kane like that no way it is 2 for elbowing. 5 and a game and a face to fucking face hearing.

Romes hit on Horton was at least a hockey play.

Keiths elbow was premeditated and predatory.

The NHL is a ridiculous fucking joke.
You're beautiful when you're angry Donny. :thumbs:

Righteous!

Dark days indeed, makes one tend to miss the days when the players policed themselves no? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I'm lovin' the 'Flip the Switch' theory. "Gold Jerry, Gold!"

Alex Stojanov for Markus Naslund
Cody Hodgson for Zack Kassian

I'm lovin' the Shut Down Hockey the last two games, only 3 goals against.

Henrik Sedin, two goals in his last 31 games is it? Shit, he's had the switch turned off for almost half a season. Two bad we don't have more 'skilled' centers with a great shot to fill in for Hank while Hank has the Switch Flipped Off.

I propose we trade RoyalDude for an angry, blustering, menopausal housewife. A clear steal for us.

I have a NTC and I am not waiving!
I thought he was talking about me. I blow Royal Dude out of the water in the angry, blustering department. Obviously I'm a steal.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RD is one of the best posters on this board.

Always worth a read, and always poignant.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:
C'mon Widow, that's clearly nothing like you.

Surely you're well past menopausal by now?

8-)

ROFL. Yes, it has indeed passed, like most of my life. But when you get to be my age you get away with so much. You are no longer looked at as a contributing member of society so you get to fart in public, be nasty and bitchy, give unsolicited elbows and demand a seat on the bus.

I'm still not waving my NTC. With my luck I'd end up on Calupuke. No way, no how do I go out like that.
The only HW the Canucks need
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

donlever wrote:
Listercat wrote:The biggest blame IMO is right at the top, the NHL front office. In some ways I have some sympathy for the on ice officials as they have to just as confused as the players when it comes to consistency. ....
The biggest blame is at the top as you indicate Lister but the on ice refs can suck my left nut.

They fucking know whats right and wrong and Dan O'Halloran is a veteran official.

That call on Keith is a fucking joke, two minutes for elbowing.

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!

Speculative for sure but like I posted earlier if Kassian hits Keith or Kane like that no way it is 2 for elbowing. 5 and a game and a face to fucking face hearing.

Romes hit on Horton was at least a hockey play.

Keiths elbow was premeditated and predatory.

The NHL is a ridiculous fucking joke.
Romes hit isn't even close to as bad a keiths, which was a clear and obvious attempt to injure.

Shanny said that a playoff game was worth 4 regular games so clearly keith will get around 30 games..... Oh wait, ,,,
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:RD is one of the best posters on this board.

Always worth a read, and always poignant.
Have you lost your mind, Topper?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Topper wrote: Always worth a read, and always poignant.
Pregnant?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

It looks like the phone call with Shanny could be upgraded to an in person hearing.

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
I am told no decision of any kind will be made until the morning. So all of this very much remains up in air but it's become complicated.

4m Bob McKenzie Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Duncan Keith has not agreed to waive his right to an in person hearing but neither has the in person hearing been confirmed.

6m Bob McKenzie Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Hours later, NHL indicated it wanted an in person (potential to suspend for 6 or more) hearing instead.

7m Bob McKenzie Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
League apparently indicated to CHI and Keith earlier today the hearing would be over phone (5 or less games).

9m Bob McKenzie Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Rather strange proceedings going on with the Duncan Keith discipline hearing for his elbow on Daniel Sedin.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Perhaps they are waiting to hear back about whether Dank has a serious injury. Me thinks if he has a serious concussion Keith will get more than 5 games but if he does not then it will be in the 4-5 game range.
The only HW the Canucks need
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hockey Widow wrote:Perhaps they are waiting to hear back about whether Dank has a serious injury. Me thinks if he has a serious concussion Keith will get more than 5 games but if he does not then it will be in the 4-5 game range.

I would like to shed some light on this. Daniel is not hurt. In fact, it is Henrik that was suffering from some lingering back issues. When Keith elbowed Daniel, the Canucks saw an opportunity to rest Henrik and add to the Keith suspension. The Canucks, believe it or not, have pulled the old grade 3 switcharoo. Hear that Chicago hockey media? The worst cheap shot team in history has set a new low (or high?) in faking.

Henrik keeps his streak alive with Daniel playing.
Keith gets what he deserves.
Canucks prep for playoffs.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dhabums wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Perhaps they are waiting to hear back about whether Dank has a serious injury. Me thinks if he has a serious concussion Keith will get more than 5 games but if he does not then it will be in the 4-5 game range.

I would like to shed some light on this. Daniel is not hurt. In fact, it is Henrik that was suffering from some lingering back issues. When Keith elbowed Daniel, the Canucks saw an opportunity to rest Henrik and add to the Keith suspension. The Canucks, believe it or not, have pulled the old grade 3 switcharoo. Hear that Chicago hockey media? The worst cheap shot team in history has set a new low (or high?) in faking.

Henrik keeps his streak alive with Daniel playing.
Keith gets what he deserves.
Canucks prep for playoffs.
Cool story.