So...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: So...

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I hated CJB at the beginning but after a couple years or so I kinda liked him. He was a hell of a lot more entertaining than most posters and that pic he posted of the german sheppard on some dude's lap was hilarious. He was calling TAFKATT a lap dog I think.
My thoughts exactly. CJB definitely brought something to the table. As much of a dick he was on the hockey forum, he actually ended up sparking great debates due to other posters wanting to prove so badly as to why his viewpoint was wrong.

In a strange sort of way, I think heels like me, Cjb, Thinker, c-pup, MrHockey, Narg, and hjumaeni helped make the community more tight knit since guys like us got the faces unified towards a common nemesis.

A forum is boring if everyone is a "good guy", and regulars leave if everyone is a bad guy. Great forums, such as Central between 00 and 05', had the perfect combination of both.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..kind of like the real world you mean.
DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote:..kind of like the real world you mean.
I guess in a way, yeah.

In pro sports - most teams love seeing the Yankees, Patriots, Lakers,.....and now Canucks? (lol) get their asses kicked, but it's teams like that which draw controversy and interest.

Mike Tyson in boxing.

Brock Lesnar in UFC.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
LOL. Settle down bro. I honestly don't mean to sound like a dick here, but you still seem very angry/bitter over shit that went down 6-9 years ago. You know its bad when even I feel a bit bad for you. :-/ Hopefully, you find the inner strength to overcome the mental demons which are obviously still in control of you. Cheers.
[Mod edit: not sure we need to read about it] ... you are pretty much who are and I'm cool with that, not trusting you that is 8-)

Me thinks you put too much stock in your online life, especially if you keep going on about your so called victories :whistle: Oh wait, you do talk hockey...'my 2 cents is this Monsieur Dumas trade idea....' :oops:

And I ain't yer bro, you are/never were in my elite class :mex:

So ummmmm....How's the social life? :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Sometimes I forget social media isn't message boards. Someone I had as a friend recently posted on facebook how stupid they can be. How she lost her car keys and after looking for hours, well, you'll never guess where they were the entire time. Then people were guessing. In the ignition, your purse, pocket or hand. I chimed in and said in your big fat hairy clam... we're no longer facebook friends. :cry:

Which I suppose is actually a good thing because I hardly knew the person anyway!

Moral of the story is, advances in technology isn't always a good thing. What was message boards is now social media. Now we all have to be niiiiice! :wink:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote: Chris was down to just a handful of posters. A few days before Chris shut down the site for good, I revealed to Chris the "regular" handle name that I had been using since 2006 on his site. I honestly don't know if my revelation was what ultimately caused him to shut the site down, but to say that he was shocked would be an umderstatement.
C'mon buddy, TELL US wot the handle was!! :D
He didn't have one, he's full of shyte.

Just ask CJ ;)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: SR was never core, he was in a class all by himself. Same with CBJ
Two of the biggest A-hole-yet-funny guys evAH!

Although most laughed at SRsez rather than with him (temper temper).

I believe SR got himself banned from the Corner as well?

Classy Jazzy Basi was the toughest mofo I've ever gone toe-to-toe with in a no-holds-barred forum

(of course I kicked his ass though). :drink:

Arachnid wrote: I tried to warn you guys that we eat our young, that if we keep chopping off the bottom feeders (which are an integral part of the food chain) that eventually it will be us, it was, I was apart of the community core, gone in an instant.
I dunno. There seemed to be a never-ending supply of "bottom feeders" finding their way in.

We'd still be feasting over there if it weren't for the fact you-know-who was leaking marbles for years

(fine line between genius and nutso). :mex:

Yup, two phases of meltdown says I, and in the end a certain someone ended up site-less, marble-less.
Arachnid wrote: I'm not and do not want to be core here, I'll take Lor's approach and be free of the flock :roll:
Lor's shed is a portal to an alternate reality or so I've heard. :D
I miss CBJ, Stinker, SR, that Blue guy :scowl: and even ChristaPuppy. Everyone ads character and texture to the boards.
Why did everyone think I hated them just because I took them on head to head. If CBJ called everyone morons then I take issue with that, there's only one... 8-)

As long as we treat each other with respect then I'm good for ribbing, how is it any different than when I play hockey or poker?
Least no one threatens to rape others children :look:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:Lately I’ve been trimming my chest hair as well as my bag. I find it flows.... For the longest time I had these nicely trimmed balls and a natural chest... It just didn’t work IMO! Manscaping doesn’t end at the naval people. :thumbs:
Ewwwwwwwwwwww, that's precisely the type of thing that was the beginning of the end at the old CC, de-evolutionary talk I tells yah, only women shave :evil:

Did you get her Pagan yet?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Arachnid wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
LOL. Settle down bro. I honestly don't mean to sound like a dick here, but you still seem very angry/bitter over shit that went down 6-9 years ago. You know its bad when even I feel a bit bad for you. :-/ Hopefully, you find the inner strength to overcome the mental demons which are obviously still in control of you. Cheers.
Raping babies....really man? Yeah that's hilarious, even when I came here you were threatening to rape my son in PMs, leopards don't change there spots, you are pretty much who are and I'm cool with that, not trusting you that is 8-)

Me thinks you put too much stock in your online life, especially if you keep going on about your so called victories :whistle: Oh wait, you do talk hockey...'my 2 cents is this Monsieur Dumas trade idea....' :oops:

And I ain't yer bro, you are/never were in my elite class :mex:

So ummmmm....How's the social life? :D
Let the past go Spidey.

You'll feel better about yourself and your anger will also disappear. 8-)

Friend or no friend, bro or no bro, I think we can both agree that this is good advice for you. :mex:

Cheers.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I'll make one last comment here and then I should be done for this thread:

Without question, I think most people from the old CC would agree that the "golden era" of their hockey talk forum was 1999-2001, while the "Golden era" of the Open Forum there was 2002-2005. The reason why this was, was because of the true characters......good and bad. "The core" therefore, should never be about a cliquey group of guys that happen to like each other and sing "Kumbaya." "The core", simply put, are the most relevant characters.....and the ones that draw interest.

As much as people try and praise guys like Creeper, the truth of the matter was that message board interest took a nose dive during his "era" (2006-2011).
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Did you get her Pagan yet?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just had a flashback of Spidey asking to stop by Ohdee's place about 12 years ago.

GEE, i wonder why Ohdee's sweet sweet sweet wifey said no. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ODB wrote: I chimed in and said in your big fat hairy clam... we're no longer facebook friends. :cry:

Which I suppose is actually a good thing because I hardly knew the person anyway!

Moral of the story is, advances in technology isn't always a good thing. What was message boards is now social media. Now we all have to be niiiiice! :wink:
LOL, gee I wonder why she unfriended you hahahaha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ODB wrote:Sometimes I forget social media isn't message boards. Someone I had as a friend recently posted on facebook how stupid they can be. How she lost her car keys and after looking for hours, well, you'll never guess where they were the entire time. Then people were guessing. In the ignition, your purse, pocket or hand. I chimed in and said in your big fat hairy clam... we're no longer facebook friends. :cry:

This post is the shit that I miss from the old CC.

Sometimes endings and new beginnings aren't totally a good thing I suppose.....

:(

Ok.

I'm good.

Carry on.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Farhan Lalji wrote:I'll make one last comment here and then I should be done for this thread:

Without question, I think most people from the old CC would agree that the "golden era" of their hockey talk forum was 1999-2001, while the "Golden era" of the Open Forum there was 2002-2005. The reason why this was, was because of the true characters......good and bad. "The core" therefore, should never be about a cliquey group of guys that happen to like each other and sing "Kumbaya." "The core", simply put, are the most relevant characters.....and the ones that draw interest.

As much as people try and praise guys like Creeper, the truth of the matter was that message board interest took a nose dive during his "era" (2006-2011).
I got in on the tail end of, what you call, the "Golden Era" of the Open Forum, some killer stuff there. The Hockey Talk was still quite good and, at the time, better than any other going Canucks message board. At first I stayed away from the OF, it seemed like alot of insider stuff going on, but some of it was hilarious. Trying to insinuate that the board took a nose dive during Creeps era just smacks of someone who got roasted a time or two by ole Creeps and didn't like it. By the time that board died, Creeps was the only guy over there who was really drawing much "interest". I think some of "the core" had gotten bored. Even while I was posting with a sock, the discussion in the Hockey Talk and many of the OF threads had dried up. The "new blood" was too insecure and too soft, the fun had evaporated because of all the babies that whined and bailed when they got smacked in the mouth for making a retarded comment and then sticking to it after it was pointed out how wrong they were.

You're an ass for even insinuating that Creep's was the cause of reduced interest.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

It's 6:09, how many of you performed a 69er on ya gal lately.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.