GDT: Yotes @ Canucks - 7:00PM PST, SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Yotes @ Canucks - 7:00PM PST, SNET-P

Post by SKYO »

benivolent wrote:finally back from the game.

impressions:

please playoffs, come soon!
Yeah I just hope these bad habits don't hold over for the playoffs.

I'm really hoping they are just trolling the NHL and kill all come the playoffs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

This could be the beginning of the end of AV as we know it btw.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
benivolent
CC Rookie

Post by benivolent »

SKYO wrote:Trolling the NHL and kill all come the playoffs.
Amen to that mission.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

mathonwy wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
tantalum wrote:I could be wrong. RD certainly tells me that I am often enough.
Tonight you are a voice of reason my friend. I'm just happy the ticket and dinner were free!
Did you put out?

J/k..

*duck*

No, I am what you call the pussy out. That is a little old lady that goes out with men 30 years younger because they just need a calm night. You know the type of guys that want to see a chick flick but are afraid their buddies will laugh at them. I get asked to go. The ones that haven't stopped drinking in a week and need a night of no booze and I become the excuse, can't go drinking tonight, sorry guys, I gotta take the widow home, you know how it is, type of guys. The guys that want to stay in on a friday or saturday but are afraid they will be called whimps ask me out on friday's and saturday's too. So the pussy out never has to put out but gets all the same benefits because these younger guys just need an excuse to lay low and recover. I am the excuse they need to sober up and get to bed early. But it works for me. I usually get to pick the movie and the restaurant and being on a fixed income I complain a lot about the price of things so usually I don't have to go dutch. If I go dutch more than twice with the same guy I say no for a while, play hard to get. Then they start buying again because pussy outs are good at their job and good pussy outs are hard to find! But boy do they get the gossip because no one thinks pussy outs really listen or know what the fuck is going on and really we talk so much that I think these guys just about say anything to shut them up. As I said, it works well for me.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:This could be the beginning of the end of AV as we know it btw.
More like the beginning of the end for AV not of AV.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Christ almighty!
I'm gone to camp for a month and when I left GDT's were 3 pages long for 10 game winning streaks...

Now I come back to 8 pages of hand wringing over losses and HW defending her dating strategies!!!!! Whats going on down here you guys?

Give the guys a break. It's like a month til they count and the boys have mailed it in a bit I would say. Can u blame them? WTF did burning out winning the Presidents trophy do for us last year? Home ice? So fucking what. They sit like 12 points up on the nearest NW division team so our seat is pretty well set here.

They're riding the season out and that's fine by me if they come to play when it counts. These games are basically MEANINGLESS. Let's calm the hell down folks.
If you need air...call it in
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Uncle dans leg wrote: They sit like 12 points up on the nearest NW division team so our seat is pretty well set here.
True, although that lead was 20 points not so long ago. I agree with the 'mailing it in' strategy, but I'd rest easier if they'd put a point or two up every so often to lock this thing down.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Tiger wrote:
Per wrote:I just barely made the playoffs in my fantasy pool and am playing the regular season winner in the quarter finals this week. Thus I need Henrik to come up with a big night for me tonight. I'm thinking three goals (including the game winner), two assists, a shitload of won face-offs and at least five hits! 8-)
lol/// That is a Fantasy for sure.. is it Swede Weed? or imported BC Bud? Henrick won 2 out of 9 faceoffs last game.. Probably hasn't thrown 5 hits the entire season and looks completely uninterested in playing hockey .

Right now my dream is that AV gives the Sedin line ( twins and MayNotRay ) about 5 min total ice time ..The Kesler line is the #1 line and scores 3 goals. the kesler line is 1st PP unit (add burrows ) Kassian scores 1.. fights 2 and adds 2 more minor penalties to his record as a Nuck..Loungo watches Schneider from the bench.. Canucks win 5 to 1..
( and yeah my fantasy has as much chance as yours.. SFA.. :)
Well, at least I got the two assists and the shitload (12) of faceoffs won I asked for. I take it.
Landeskog and Ekman-Larsson each had a goal and an assist and combined for ten hits (8 by Landeskog), so I'm good. Actually ahead right now in the matchup! 8-)

And I bet you can't guess the predominant ethnicity of the players on my team... :lol:
Last edited by Per on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote:

No, I am what you call the pussy out. That is a little old lady that goes out with men 30 years younger because they just need a calm night. You know the type of guys that want to see a chick flick but are afraid their buddies will laugh at them. I get asked to go. The ones that haven't stopped drinking in a week and need a night of no booze and I become the excuse, can't go drinking tonight, sorry guys, I gotta take the widow home, you know how it is, type of guys. The guys that want to stay in on a friday or saturday but are afraid they will be called whimps ask me out on friday's and saturday's too. So the pussy out never has to put out but gets all the same benefits because these younger guys just need an excuse to lay low and recover. I am the excuse they need to sober up and get to bed early. But it works for me. I usually get to pick the movie and the restaurant and being on a fixed income I complain a lot about the price of things so usually I don't have to go dutch. If I go dutch more than twice with the same guy I say no for a while, play hard to get. Then they start buying again because pussy outs are good at their job and good pussy outs are hard to find! But boy do they get the gossip because no one thinks pussy outs really listen or know what the fuck is going on and really we talk so much that I think these guys just about say anything to shut them up. As I said, it works well for me.
lofl

How can you not love her?

Post of the thread HW.

..uhh, so, how you doin?

Friday?

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:

:wow:

Your #1 isn't 33 is he?! No wonder you had inside info on him...

:santa:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

I was glad to see the offense looking better and the powerplay actually bag one but the rest of the game was brutal. As far as I'm concerned the team, especially the defense, needs to be bag skated until there is vomit on the ice. This pee-wee style defense we are playing just doesn't cut it.

As for Lou, I sympathize with his personal situation but its time to take a hiatus and ride the pine. Ginger gives us our strongest chance to win right now. Solid in the pipes will give the d a little more confidence and maybe we can get moving.

oh yeah.... and if it hasn't been suggested already... never play the Mason Raymond drinking game. Take a shot every time he falls = passed out before the first intermission. :crazy:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

wafflecombine wrote:I was glad to see the offense looking better and the powerplay actually bag one but the rest of the game was brutal. As far as I'm concerned the team, especially the defense, needs to be bag skated until there is vomit on the ice. This pee-wee style defense we are playing just doesn't cut it.

As for Lou, I sympathize with his personal situation but its time to take a hiatus and ride the pine. Ginger gives us our strongest chance to win right now. Solid in the pipes will give the d a little more confidence and maybe we can get moving.

oh yeah.... and if it hasn't been suggested already... never play the Mason Raymond drinking game. Take a shot every time he falls = passed out before the first intermission. :crazy:
Yeah, mucho better offensive, the defence rests...

Mason Raymond drinking game :rockin: :drunk: Ummmm I don't need no speed freak to tell me how or when to drink beer :evil:
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I wish we could have acquired Willie Mitchell at the trade deadline simply so he could take runs at Raymond in practice like the good old days, Shane O isn't here to save him anymore either...Whatever compete Raymond had to make it to the NHL as a small forward is gone.

Our SHUTDOWN line of Burr/Pahlsson/Hansen was very effective last night and actually created offense and finished the night on the + side of things, that's probably the most tenacious 3 guys we could put together on a line, they are unrelenting.

I can't believe we signed Tanev for free, team high +2 in a 5-4 loss.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Benjo wrote:I wish we could have acquired Willie Mitchell at the trade deadline simply so he could take runs at Raymond in practice like the good old days, Shane O isn't here to save him anymore either...Whatever compete Raymond had to make it to the NHL as a small forward is gone.

Our SHUTDOWN line of Burr/Pahlsson/Hansen was very effective last night and actually created offense and finished the night on the + side of things, that's probably the most tenacious 3 guys we could put together on a line, they are unrelenting.

I can't believe we signed Tanev for free, team high +2 in a 5-4 loss.
Burrows was scary fast...RayRay did not work on 1st, put Kicker there AV, I know you're s(talking) me!
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Lol... I love a fine single malt but last night I needed it for medicinal purposes. :baaa: