GDT - Canucks vs Stars 7PM PST SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

porp
CC Veteran

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Stars 7PM PST SNet

Post by porp »

Penalty of Kes?

BS. Forget this.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Well that's it then, Kesler gets 4 mins for clipping Ott (who shoulda been on our team) game done, thanks for not showing up tonight boys :mad:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Stars destroy the Canucks.

Pathetic. I would hate to have paid money to see that game.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

griz wrote:Stars destroy the Canucks.

Pathetic. I would hate to have paid money to see that game.
I didn't pay and it's just as painful :oops:
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Let's see, which team is fighting for a playoff spot and which team knows it's locked into no worse than the 2 seed? I have to say, I don't mind them losing, let them get spanked a few times,won't matter in the standings and it'll be worth it to focus the mind.

I can't say i've been watching the last few games with any more intensity than the Canucks are playing them...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

killed penalty not bad but now we are shiting the...awwwwwwww you get it... :|
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Boston Canucker wrote:Let's see, which team is fighting for a playoff spot and which team knows it's locked into no worse than the 2 seed? I have to say, I don't mind them losing, let them get spanked a few times,won't matter in the standings and it'll be worth it to focus the mind.

I can't say i've been watching the last few games with any more intensity than the Canucks are playing them...
I agree. But what happens if they score a couple and tie the game up anyways? :?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Boston Canucker wrote:Let's see, which team is fighting for a playoff spot and which team knows it's locked into no worse than the 2 seed? I have to say, I don't mind them losing, let them get spanked a few times,won't matter in the standings and it'll be worth it to focus the mind.

Yeah, I get that but fun to watch Zassian though and Gar...whatever his name is...still, a little disconcerting....
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

I have to disagree; first game in a while where "our" players did so with a bit of heart.

Loved Hank tying the D and his forward shadow up in the oppo goalie's face. Would love to see more of that from Hank. Having it pay off would be nice, but they need to change things up some.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

bed officially soiled...Burrows pulls a Booth and gives puck away after PP and pulled goalie...now Stars get an EN 5-2 final...good night sweet prince of fathers....
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Disgusting. 10 goals against the last 2 games.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

The defense as a group needs a wake up call. The Sedins & Burrows were too ineffective due to overpassing. The fourth line with Raymond was completely useless. The second and third lines were definitely better than the rest of the team.

I could not count how many times the Stars making the cross-ice pass right in front of Luongo. One of those passes led to a goal.

BTW, I really hate playing the Stars not because of losing but they play some freaking boring games...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The highlight of the night with out question was on exiting Rogers arena they were handing out free samples of KLEENEX :D :D

For those attending tonights games there were so many intermissions in the 3rd period you almost nodded off to sleep. The ice cleaner were finding it difficult to find enough snow :D
cheers
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Couldn't watch, had to work. Caught the second period, up to where Dallas tied it, on the radio.

Very disappointing to see the Sedin's names NOT on the scoresheet again tonight.

Even more discouraged to hear that their line was useless due to over-passing. I've been saying this for years, and always end up getting roasted for it because they have been in the 80+ point range pretty much since the lockout, but I still say that they are great 2-dimensional players who are easy to shutdown for a defense that does its homework on them. They are terrible once they opponent gets the puck and moves it into the Canuck's zone, and they are useless on the PP when they go into "stand-still mode". This year they are not even at a point-per-game pace, this is a marked decline from last year, and I find that I am hoping less and less for this to be a strategy that they are employing to stay fresh for the playoffs.

Not surprised to hear that Raymond was useless on the 4th line. That's to be expected, he's soft and that line needs sandpaper.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Burrows had an abysmal game. I lost count of the give aways he had tonight. Defence was disorganized and only one line seemed in synch. We did not look like a first place team at all.

I get that AV wants to use these games to see how the lines should balance out and I can live with that, sort of, but there was no urgency in our game again. They really look like they are going through the motions just waiting for the playoffs.

To me we need to move Higgins back to the 2nd line. He is the heart of soul of that line. Let Raymond play 3rd line back with Hansen. Put Kassian back on the 4th so that line has some juice.

We look really bad on defence, no where nears as deep or as solid as we looked last season. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this team.

I know we only get 5 call ups between now and the playoffs but perhaps if this is the way the team is going to play we need to use those call ups and see what we have in a few players in the minors. Not panic but if the players don't have the juice then let the young guns who would love a shot at the playoffs have a chance to show their stuff.

Time for Brown to come up with something creative for the PP. Like not using the twins for a game or two on the PP to send a message.

This season can't end soon enough for me.
The only HW the Canucks need