GDT: Expansion cousins - Van vs Buf - 7pm - Taxpayer TV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Expansion cousins - Van vs Buf - 7pm - Taxpayer TV

Post by Chef Boi RD »

nyintensity wrote: Gragnani will drive you nuts - just expect offense from him and you'll find yourself less disappointed. I agree that he and Rome are not a good pair - you need a GREAT stay at home guy paired with him.
Don't talk shit about the guy who is suppose to be replacing CoHo's offense, according to Mark Ley.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:The game was probably a write-off after Luongo going 3-0 on a couple of crappy goals.
Which two goals were crappy?

If you mean crappy on the part of the team in front of Luongo, then yes, but only one of those can be put on Luongo.
Fair enough, the second one was more "scrambley in the D-zone" than Lu's fault.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: BTW who was that black guy with the goggles?? :hmmm:
mathonwy wrote:WTF is Kevin Weekes wearing? Did he lose a bet?
Ohhh Weekes incognito! Coulda won a Steve Urkel Lookalike contest....
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: But the goals mean diddly squat if he plays direclty in the loss of the game or should I say, screwing up the potential to tie it up. When I last looked, games are about winning, instead of individual stats.
If he doesn't score the goals, we don't bother pulling the goalie.

Like I said, too bad for Booth really, cause he was having a good game but he really can't help his dumbassness sometimes. He's as blonde as they come. It's a 'what have you done for me lately, world we live. Nobody remembers the two goals except you Jesus Booth Lovers. All I remember is saying, "fuck are you an idiot, Booth" when that play happened, not "oh, well you did manage to get us back into the game, scoring two goals..."
Fucking priceless RD.

"Nobody remembers the two goals except you Jesus Booth Lovers. "

I lol'ed. I admit it.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Maybe he should move to radio...or replace Grapes... 8-)
Last edited by Arachnid on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: But the goals mean diddly squat if he plays direclty in the loss of the game or should I say, screwing up the potential to tie it up. When I last looked, games are about winning, instead of individual stats.
If he doesn't score the goals, we don't bother pulling the goalie.

Like I said, too bad for Booth really, cause he was having a good game but he really can't help his dumbassness sometimes. He's as blonde as they come. It's a 'what have you done for me lately, world we live. Nobody remembers the two goals except you Jesus Booth Lovers. All I remember is saying, "fuck are you an idiot, Booth" when that play happened, not "oh, well you did manage to get us back into the game, scoring two goals..."
Well I don't love Jesus and I don't love Booth....but to put the blame on him solely is kinda weird...the team shit the bed early and was in a 3-0 hole...that should never have happened and without the Messiah's 2 goals we wouldn't have even had a last minute gasp...

I'm willing to give him the playoffs before I judge him and strike him down with lightning and epic special effects...

Canuck fans always gotta hate someone :lol: I still hate Holden 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Bikerdudes hate generally seems to be one of convenience though eh Spidey?

Something that allows him to play the roll of board contrarian.

Funny how that works.
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:Bikerdudes hate generally seems to be one of convenience though eh Spidey?

Something that allows him to play the roll of board contrarian.

Funny how that works.
I thought that was DiPshitz role 8-) ....I always saw The Dude as the crotchety old man whose balls hurt when he gets up in the morning and wants to take it out on us neighbourhood kids...but really he's just like the rest of us...(who secretly hate annoying born-agains like Davey & Markus)

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Mëds said:
The Sedins. Our worst forwards last night. They actually killed the team. After the team woke up and got going, the push was on, Booth scored twice, the second and third line had some good chances and really took over with some great energy. The 4th line was flying out there. Can't say enough about what Kassian did on multiple lines. But every time the twins came over the boards the energy just went the way of a fart in the wind. They would settle down the play, try and setup shop, work it around the outside, never get a real shot at the net, let Buffalo recover from the mad scramble they had been forced into by the quick movement of the Canuck's other lines, and then ultimately get nothing going and the Saber's would clear the puck. Henrik needs to be benched if he won't start shooting. The one shot he takes last night is the weakest shot I have seen from an NHL player in all my years of watching hockey, I'm not even kidding, Luongo could have gotten more on that. Miller probably thought he was back in Atom or Midget for a second, until he realized that the puck was moving so slow it belonged in a TimBits camp. I'm not even kidding when I say that Henrik could probably score 20 goals between now and the end of the year by surprising the goalie if he would just shoot the puck even one out of every four times he see's the net. The way the Sedins were nullified, and then nullified the Canucks, last night has me very worried come playoffs.

The PP. The first unit anyways. Unreal how bad the Sedins look on the man advantage right now. They've gone back to the stand still, move the puck up and down the boards, and wait for something to happen, style of hockey that stagnated the team a few years ago. You want to talk dead-puck hockey, look no further than Henrik and Daniel on the powerplay of late.
+1 about time someone on this board made the very obvious call.. Tough game and the Twins make it tougher to win.. Same as last years playoffs..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Was Saturday's offensive explosion of the 2nd line a result of

A. Raymond off, Kassian on
B. Pahlsson in and taking defensive responsibilities (faceoffs and matchups) away from Kesler, so his line could focus more on offense?
C. Both A and B.

I'd still like to see Higgins moved to the 2nd line, but then that leaves Kassian on the 4th as he's not strong enough defensively to play on the 3rd with Pahlsson.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Things don't seem to be clicking right now. We're probably due for a slump, but the boys sure aren't making the game look easy of late. If I had to guess, I would say the team's tired and also a bit bored of the regular season. There isn't much to play for these days, but as a fan I would love another President's Trophy.

I'd like to see more of the Booth/Kesler/Kassian line. However, I suspect we'll see every permutation and combination in our 2-4 lines before the regular season is over.

Where has the offence from the Sedins and the defence gone? The first powerplay unit in particular has been horrible. I'd like to see Kes and the Sedins split up for at least a while to try and get things going.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

In the latest edition of ESPN magazine there is a stat near the end of the mag that ranks King Henry in NY as number one, whatever this stat meant. I did not pay too much attention but it was done over a course of five years and had something to do with value to team. Guess who was number two? You got it. Our own Roberto. ALL of them have shitty games. Lou has played very well and on a show on NHL tonight they said Lou would be Canada's goalie unless someone outplayed him or he crapped the bed like Marty did in Van. They all do it. No one is perfect andI have had a hate on for Lou after the SCF but the fact is the whole team was beaten up by the road to the Finals which was much tougher than Boston's. There is something about a goalie in Van which invites being crapped on from a great height. Right now Lou is in the top ten with occasional forays into the top five. When He is on there is no one better. The guy is going to win us a cup. I look at him without the Vancouver "oh my god we're gonna fail, the sky is falling glasses on and realize we got a good one prone to weirdness but then goalies are famous for that. I do not know why Blaster is so upset over a regular season game. Even Kipper lets in softies. they all do but Lou does it less than most. Why do we not enjoy having a team as good as any in the world with a world class goalie? This will be true no matter the outcome this year. I bought and drank gallons of the kool aid last year by expecting us to win and being offended when we lost. WTF is that about? Who promised us anything?
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

not for nothing but if I was a stranger coming on this board and read the content I would never know that the team is tied for first overall, has a good goal differential, good pp great pk and alternates between first and second in goals scored including two of the top ten or fifteeen scorers in the whole NHL. I am glad the Sedins are not putting teh extra out there all the time. We own the division, have a lock o the playoffs and need to keep it for when we need it. As for Cody I think we could ahve got more for Kes and been better off in the long run. When I brought that up a couple of months ago it was poorly recieved which is fair but MG had to do something fo depth and toughness as about one million posts said, mine included. I hate losing him and would rather Kes went but....
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

damonberryman wrote:
In the latest edition of ESPN magazine there is a stat near the end of the mag that ranks King Henry in NY as number one, whatever this stat meant. I did not pay too much attention but it was done over a course of five years and had something to do with value to team. Guess who was number two? You got it. Our own Roberto.

ALL of them have shitty games. Lou has played very well and on a show on NHL tonight they said Lou would be Canada's goalie unless someone outplayed him or he crapped the bed like Marty did in Van. They all do it. No one is perfect and I have had a hate on for Lou after the SCF but the fact is the whole team was beaten up by the road to the Finals which was much tougher than Boston's.

There is something about a goalie in Van which invites being crapped on from a great height. Right now Lou is in the top ten with occasional forays into the top five. When He is on there is no one better. The guy is going to win us a cup. I look at him without the Vancouver "oh my god we're gonna fail, the sky is falling glasses on and realize we got a good one prone to weirdness but then goalies are famous for that.

I do not know why Blaster is so upset over a regular season game. Even Kipper lets in softies. they all do but Lou does it less than most. Why do we not enjoy having a team as good as any in the world with a world class goalie? This will be true no matter the outcome this year.

I bought and drank gallons of the kool aid last year by expecting us to win and being offended when we lost. WTF is that about? Who promised us anything?
Sorry damon. I had to do it because I know you had some good points in there but I was getting cross eyed trying to find it.

I honestly don't understand why people (blaster) got so pissed off tonight. Luo had an off night against the slugs (a team that doesn't matter). Of course, one tends to forget about the shutout he pitched the game before against the Blues (a team that DOES matter). The first real bad first period of the season and suddenly the sky's falling. I think some of us haven't fully recovered from last Spring.

Welp, buckle up your seatbelts kiddys. It's going to be a bumpy ride (again).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Maybe he should move to radio...or replace Grapes... 8-)
Yeah then he could do an anti-Burke rant about how the Leaves don't have any
____
Try to focus on someday.