GDT: Expansion cousins - Van vs Buf - 7pm - Taxpayer TV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

GDT: Expansion cousins - Van vs Buf - 7pm - Taxpayer TV

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Thomas Drance is usually quite level headed - but he has this to say over at Canucks Army about tonight's game. I feel somewhat the same....

There are Canucks fans who fell so deeply and irrationally in love with Cody Hodgson's shooting percentage and youthful charm, that they'll be rooting for the rookie to play well in Vancouver tonight. I'm not one of those Canucks fans. I for one, hope Vigneault has money on the board tonight: half of it for the team keeping Hodgson off the scoresheet, and the other half for targeting him physically every chance they get.

A more thorough preview, the three keys to the game and underlying numbers after the jump!

I'd give Ehrhoff an ovation if I was in attendance today: he was a rock for the Canucks on their run to the Cup Finals and played hurt in the series against the Bruins. That sort of warrior stuff should earn you a hearty round of applause when you return to face your old team, especially because you are well within your rights as a player to maximize your income as a free agent.

Hodgson on the other hand, basically asked for a trade away from a contender over ice-time. If he was a European or Russian skater he'd be getting absolutely toasted by fans and the press. But instead he's a good Canadian boy, so, it's Vigneault's fault for comments he made about Hodgson's back injury 3 years ago. Ridiculous.

Look, I rooted for Cody Hodgson and Christian Ehrhoff while they were Canucks, and continue to think they're talented offensive players. But now I'm going to root against them, and not just tonight, but forever. Why? Because they prioritized individual goals (ice-time, forty million dollars) over the goals of the team I root for (winning it all). It's not like they're bad people and I don't "hate" them or anything, I just hope they lose tonight, and I hope the Sabres - weighed down by inexcusably bad contract work - miss the playoffs for the next half decade. That's fair, right?

The whole preview can be found here...

http://canucksarmy.com/2012/3/3/game-67 ... ld-friends
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Expansion cousins - Van vs Buf - 7pm - Taxpayer TV

Post by dhabums »

Pretty well said.

Gold v. Silver in net.

Tallon destroys Perreault.

Canucks win 7-1, chase the Olympic loser, Cody scores, MAG gets 2 pts, blah blah blah.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

POSTED THIS IN THE OTHER FORUM:
Strangelove wrote: HNIC Saturday is gonna be RUFF for poor ole Hodgson!
Yep, it's not even 4:00 yet and they've already got Hodgson on there asking if he demanded a trade.

HEY DUMFUCKS: how's about asking if mom/dad/agent were pushing specifically for Kess to move to the wing?

Like I say, how ELSE was Hodgson gonna get more icetime?

BTW who was that black guy with the goggles?? :hmmm:

***********************************************************************************************

I'm predicting a 6-1 blowout. :thumbs:

Kassian scores one for Nuckies, Ehrhoff with the Buffalo goal.
____
Try to focus on someday.
twyf
AHL Prospect

Post by twyf »

-let's get right to it.. put Kassian on the ice every time Hodgson's on..
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Larry Goodenough wrote:Thomas Drance is usually quite level headed - but he has this to say over at Canucks Army about tonight's game. I feel somewhat the same....

Hodgson on the other hand, basically asked for a trade away from a contender over ice-time. If he was a European or Russian skater he'd be getting absolutely toasted by fans and the press. But instead he's a good Canadian boy, so, it's Vigneault's fault for comments he made about Hodgson's back injury 3 years ago. Ridiculous.
Any proof of that? Hodgson didn't exactly sound thrilled when he was asked how he felt about the trade...
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mëds wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote:Thomas Drance is usually quite level headed - but he has this to say over at Canucks Army about tonight's game. I feel somewhat the same....

Any proof of that? Hodgson didn't exactly sound thrilled when he was asked how he felt about the trade...
I wouldn't expect him to act thrilled. He got traded, but it was to Buffalo.

Are there Canucks fans who are truly convinced this deal came out of nowhere?

Edit: On a good note, Healy doesn't like the deal for the Canucks because he believes Hodgson's best is yet to come. That guy is a fucking genius.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cody refuses to answer Scott Oakes question regarding asking for a trade.

So they did ask. Hmmmm. Good riddance it looks like
If you need air...call it in
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Two Luongo specials and it is 2 - 0. He can be such a terrible goalie when he wants too.

3 - 0 now. Get him the fuck out of there.
Last edited by Blaster86 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Down 3 doughtnut in the first.

This is embarrassing.
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Good fucking riddance. I am sick of this fucking bullshit from our "#1".

That second goal was unforgivable. He has the chance to stop it and freeze it and he bats it right into the slot like a fucking moron. Fuck him. Go cry to the media some more you weak-minded cunt.
Last edited by Blaster86 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

I didn't know the playoffs started today.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blaster86 wrote:Good fucking riddance. I am sick of this fucking bullshit from our "#1"
Blaster,

This is CanucksCorner.. not Calpuck.
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

mathonwy wrote:
Blaster86 wrote:Good fucking riddance. I am sick of this fucking bullshit from our "#1"
Blaster,

This is CanucksCorner.. not Calpuck.
So? You think Luongo is a good goalie still? He's brutal, and that second goal has me fucking livid. I coudn't believe that dumb bullshit. Just retarded. Such a dumb, weak-minded goalie.

Two absolutely terrible goals and suddenly we're down 3 - 0 not even ten minutes in. That is Luongo and only Luongo.
Last edited by Blaster86 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Wow - Luongo (as Blaster indicated) sure can suck when he wants too. Sometimes AV just needs to run with CS for a while because come the playoffs I don't want to hear about this is Luongo's team and he deserves to start each game blah blah blah.

This game is done, the Canucks over the past month has not been the offensive strong team so I do not see them getting 3 to tie or 4 to win.
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Luongo made one of the worst teams in the league look like offensive dynamos.