GDT - Canucks vs Blues 7 PM PST SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks vs Blues 7 PM PST SNet

Post by Carl Yagro »

tantalum wrote: Oh and....

I'm sure RD won't find it funny but wow if he was doing the Hartnell money to charity every time he falls, he could have built a hospital wing from the Phoenix game alone.
Hey Tant, don't forget... MaseyRay doesn't just fall down, he falls down with FLAIR! Never less than a full rotation before hitting the deck. The Natural Born Offense Killer generates more torque on the way down than most compact cars.

People ask why wouldn't you love such tenacious D from your forwards? Because you would prefer your top 6 to be generating scoring opportunities in offensive zone! Not chasing the other team after twisting and turning into a pretzel and then turning the puck over.

The Sedins would be jealous of Raymond's proceeds to charity.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

No tv ..so info appreciated...7 shots to zero...In 4 mins Wtf
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Early on Canucks missed the net a lot or had shots blocked. PRetty even game though best chance to the Blues (great save Luongo).

Kassian has been a beast so far. 3 shots on goal I believe, bringing the puck to the net with people on his back, chance in the high slot. Kid is extremely strong on his skates.
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

New 2nd PP unit still needs some work.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Gragnani so far... wow. I'm coining him MAG-NUMB.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Gragnani has played once in the last month. One game in 35 days or something, new team, new partners, new system...going to need a little more than a period to get used to things. He had an ill advised drop pass on the PP but likely some confusion as he was trying to set up the breakout the canucks use...just didn't execute it. Seems paralyzed by all the movement on the PP...doesn't seem to want to be active.

GIve him a chance.

KAssian had 4 shots and two of them very good scoring chances. 6 shots for him in 4 periods as a canuck and he's set up at least 3 others with good, smart passes. Kid has some skills. I hope he pots a goal because it might open the floodgates a bit for him.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Only caught the first 4 minutes of the first and from 16:40 on in the second.

So far I have seen more Raymond perimeter play and falling down.

Luongo has been solid.

Blues early shot totals were misleading. The Canucks defense kept them to the outside and anything close to the net was from a terrible angle. The Canucks missed the net on several good chances, and had a couple more good looks go off of a leg in front of Elliot.

Officiating was pretty poor in the first 4 minutes too...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The 1st PP has to quit staying out so long, they pass around without enough shots.

Time to change up the players.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

The ice looks like garbage tonight.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Holy crap this is a slash, hack, hook, hold crap fest by the Blues.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Agree. Ice looks bad. Kassian is winning me over. Stick him in front of the net a la Bertuzzi and wait to see what happens. Gragniani looks like he'll be a keeper too. Maybe I have to reverse my confusion over this trade.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

tantalum wrote:Holy crap this is a slash, hack, hook, hold crap fest by the Blues.
This is Blues hockey. It's ugly but effective. It will get worse through the playoffs so we'd better figure out how to solve it now. It's becoming a trademark of other teams too.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

We can argue whether the trade was good or bad etc but I don't think you can argue that the first 5 periods from Kassian have looked better than Cody had in the last few weeks. I very much like Hodgson but his play had dipped a bit (not unusual for a young guy...Kassian will have a dip in play as well).
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Typical Canuck / Blues games.

Where they are in the standings typically doesn't mean much when these teams play against each other.

Not surprised its 0-0 after 2.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rede wrote:New 2nd PP unit still needs some work.
Brown needs to stop being so fucking stubborn and put Kesler back on the 2nd unit. He is doing nothing on the top PP and it's not like Booth, Burrows or Kassian couldn't be the net presence on that unit. Now more than ever though we will notice how shitty that 2nd unit may look without anyone to control the half boards. It's time to put Kesler back there as there is more than enough talent to spread around for 2 good units.

What a fucking boring game though. I'd hate to be paying for this slop. As an asside I'm not sure Pahlsson is the answer on that third line as they have done zero offensively in the past two games. He's a shutdown guy all right- he shuts his own line down. I think Lappy could do a much better job and at least give the line a kunthair of an offensive threat. IAt what point can Steven Reinprecht be brought up without having to clear waivers ?

nice hands by Burrows . I wonder how much AB will get when his deal expires.My guess is he will need to be compensated in the 4 million + range on his next deal. MG is going to need to work some magic to accomodate him. He does so much for this team and is likely its most consistent forward. I hate the hair pulling and biting bullshit, Auger gate.... but I would never question his game, his work ethic or his heart.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”