Meet & Greet 2012...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Meet & Greet 2012...

Post by Cookie La Rue »

again? Not getting tired to call it out as usual. Last time in 2010 nobody came in, so here's the chance to go the opposite direction.. :lol:

April 3rd, not going to the garage but they're still playing against Anaheim, i'm in Van for 3 days, so let's get a start.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Meet & Greet 2012...

Post by mathonwy »

Cookie La Rue wrote:again? Not getting tired to call it out as usual. Last time in 2010 nobody came in, so here's the chance to go the opposite direction.. :lol:

April 3rd, not going to the garage but they're still playing against Anaheim, i'm in Van for 3 days, so let's get a start.
April 3rd? Sure. Why not.

Yaletown Brewery is a good place to drink.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I would love to join you chaps but it's a long motherfucking way from the tri cities to get to Yaletown and when I have two or three I kinda like 8 or 9 and that's a long cab ride or driver alternative tab.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yo Blobby Cat, I went to some bar for lunch up on top of old Coquitlam the other day, maybe on Austin was it or Como Lake, where Blue Mountain crosses maybe. It was a dudes name, like Johnny something, not so sure about the place. The food portions where small.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Yo Blobby Cat, I went to some bar for lunch up on top of old Coquitlam the other day, maybe on Austin was it or Como Lake, where Blue Mountain crosses maybe. It was a dudes name, like Johnny something, not so sure about the place. The food portions where small.
The John B Pub. it's a cool pub.... Blobcat used to slay them there back in the day of my late 20's and early 30's. The food is the shits there compared to the Arms or the Fiddle though. I think John Lipinski used to own it.... that's who its named after.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, that's it, John B Pub, a massive place right beside the lumber yard, I had the Reuben, I highly doubt they would fill up a midget or should I say a Little Person. Had a pitcher with some co-workers. The waitresses looked like they may have once been hotties but have the look like they've been through the ringer a few too many times if ya dig. The Arms food is definitely great! Classic good ol' Pub Food done right. Haven't been out the way for a while, kinda hope I don't have to, too far for this North Shore dude to get Pub Food. You should check out the Black Bear in Lynn Valley, that's a pub. I live around the corner from there. The Queens Cross is great as well, upper Lonsdale.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

-
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

mathonwy wrote:April 3rd? Sure. Why not.

Yaletown Brewery is a good place to drink.
So the 1st suggestion. Is it crowded when the Canucks play? Been there a few times but not on game days.

ps: hey, Blob you can come in with the West Coast Express.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
topcornermax
AHL Prospect

Post by topcornermax »

RedCard is nice too
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Cookie La Rue wrote:again? Not getting tired to call it out as usual. Last time in 2010 nobody came in, so here's the chance to go the opposite direction.. :lol:

I was in Van last week for the first time in over a decade. Never even tried to get together with any old friends as we had kids in tow.

Dissapointed in the lack of Beny's Bagels at the UBC village. being able to take a train from Cambie and Broadway to the airport was a definite plus.

I met some guys who are/used to be in the band Crimson Roots at a comedy club if any of you music fans have heard of them.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Crimson Roots are good times ;)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

RoyalDude wrote:You should check out the Black Bear in Lynn Valley, that's a pub. I live around the corner from there.
Ding Ding Ding! LOVE The Black Bear! Probably one of my favourite old haunts of all time. I just find it a little funny that it's located in the same parking lot as a strip mall up that way but I guess it's part of it's charm.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

The Black Bear sounds good, i faced a huge one at Cape Scott on the Island in '99.
5 meters in front of me and my heart dropped to nowhere, but we all kept it cool and nothing happened. 8-)

So Yale or Lynn?
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Damn guys I'd like to join you but I'm leaving for Vegas the next day and I'll be in Bellingham that night. Have fun and take a lot of pictures. If someone wants to do a write up for the site, that would be great.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I'm down for wherever.

Yaletown Brew Pub is typically rockin during game days but I've never been to the Black Bear.