GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Post by rats19 »

Donny...8months without. You have an absolute right to have a little.......umm shall we say...leveriah if u will.

We all understand, cept hank..but thats another thing entirely.

Everyone knows I have been posting gibberish for 16 yrs..lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hank wrote:
No hard feelings? :(
It's all good Hank.

It's Mëds I'm pissed at.

:lol:

LOL @ rats 16 years of gibberish!!
DeLevering since 1999.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote:I thought it was a really boring game. I wasn't really impressed with anyone. Ginger had a horribly sloppy game and I hate sloppy men. :(
I wonder if Booth will become the new whipping boy for AV, at least until Ballard gets back. I think the best Booth played was when he was on a line with Kesler and Higgins. I'd like to see that line back which means, I know Raymond has to drop back to the third line, Unless you want to switch him and Burrows for a bit and see what happens.

I just don't see the team playing well right now. We do have a relatively easy finish to the season and should rack up some points, well after Thursday game anyway.
You think Ginger had a sloppy game?

I think he had sloppy moments, two major stickhandling gaffs and a bad rebound on the tying goal, but collectively, I think the Canucks threw him to the wolves. I think he was our best player on the ice.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Donny, are you in the hospital or laid up with a pair of broken legs by chance?

I only ask because you have 56 posts in that "one freaking day".....

:P
:(

I can stop.
No. No.

Don't stop, I want to see if you can top Klatt's record for number of posts in one day. (The guy was a demon on trade deadline day back on CC)

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote:
Hank wrote:
No hard feelings? :(
It's all good Hank.

It's Mëds I'm pissed at.

:lol:

LOL @ rats 16 years of gibberish!!
:look:

Geesh.....I remember back in the day when Lever was above it all and never really got pissed at anyone.

Musta been the power..... :twisted:

It's just good to have ya back Lever.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

donlever wrote:
Sheesh, cut a brother a break, it's been like 8 months since I've posted anything, anywhere at all.
So happy I archived all of your CC posts, they've gotten me through this rough patch.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

dhabums wrote:
donlever wrote:
Sheesh, cut a brother a break, it's been like 8 months since I've posted anything, anywhere at all.
So happy I archived all of your CC posts, they've gotten me through this rough patch.

lofl

Then there is dhabums.

As smarmy and sarcastic as ever I see.

Wouldn't have it any other way.
DeLevering since 1999.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

donlever wrote:...yeah it's to bad Raymond can't pot a few more goals (points) to get the detractors off his back.
It will help a lot that he's back on the power play.

Pretty tough to put up good looking point totals with 2nd, 3rd, line even strength ice and almost no power play time.

Folks sometime forget stuff like that when they are looking for a player to vent their frustrations on.

To be honest I have been mostly OK with Raymonds year. He played well when he first got back, then stunk for a good month, but he's been fairly solid since.

That was a very serious injury if anything I was expecting less this season.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Just for the record, I'm glad that Raymond is still here, and I like what the kid brings to the table. He's a very versatile player and he will come in handy in the post-season.

I did think he was going to be gone on deadline day because I did (erroneously, apparently) think of him as our most appealing asset for GMMG to move. Wrong!

I was just wondering what's with the banana peels is all. :drink:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:
Don't stop, I want to see if you can top Klatt's record for number of posts in one day. (The guy was a demon on trade deadline day back on CC)

That was July 1st wasn't it Mëds ? Klitt was a mess.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listercat wrote:HW I disagree with your assessment of the Kesler line. With Higgins, Booth and Kes You have 3 grinding type players who are not particularly good playmakers. They are all pretty much north - south players with little finesse. Raymond can add that dimension although last night was not one of his better efforts in that regard. His critics slam him for not doing things that were never part of his game and never will be. His game is speed, passing and puck control and when he is on he is very good at it. Lately he seems to be trying to do too much to get that line going.

I liked the play of Kassian on the line with Kedler and Raymond. I think AV is experimenting to see how the various part can be interchanged. As others have said hopefully Pahlsson can take some of the "checking" pressure off Kesler and allow that line to press offensively. He still seems to have decent speed and certainly has the intelligence for his role.
Finally, someone with a little insight, for sight or just plain seeing the light. I'm surprised that everyone wants to just throw the exact same type of players on the same line, I mean, what fucking good is that? I really like the potential of a Kesler, Kassian, Raymond line, you saw a little bit of that last night. 3 different players who when together have all the elements of what you want in a line, not just the one dimensional combination of Booth, Higgins and Kesler.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Hell Dude, i've always had insight! You risen a little in my books because you agree!! LOL
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mëds wrote:

That was July 1st wasn't it Mëds ? Klitt was a mess.
Oh, right FA day.....could be.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Listercat wrote:Raymond can add that dimension although last night was not one of his better efforts in that regard. His critics slam him for not doing things that were never part of his game and never will be. His game is speed, passing and puck control and when he is on he is very good at it. Lately he seems to be trying to do too much to get that line going.
One thing I will say about Raymond - and I will happily cut him a mile of slack given his back injury and even given his injuries during the regular season last year - is that in 09-10 he did take the puck to the front of the net, or go there looking for opportunities, with far more consistency than he has since.

I know what type of player Mason is and if he tops out at this point that's fine, but he has all the ability to get back to being a consistent offensive threat, just maybe not the demeanour or durability.