GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby TDA Rum » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:49 pm

It has only been a couple of shifts but Kassian looks like he has some game....soft hands, decent skater...
TDA Rum
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby Sticky » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Tonight is "next time" for Bieksa and Hanzal, is it not?...
Sticky
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby mathonwy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Good first period for both of the new guys.

Its nice to have another player that can outmuscle the opposition (first one being Booth).
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby BladesofSteel » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian


Say what you will about the trades yesterday but that is the deepest forward corp in the league!

I wholeheartedly agree.

Most of the talk from yesterdays shocker surrounded that of the Kassian trade, but I think the Pahlsson acquisition could put Vancouver right back in contention.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby mathonwy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Ginger has some outstanding leg strength.

I think I'm going to get a Cory Schneider T-Shirt.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby mathonwy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:08 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian


Say what you will about the trades yesterday but that is the deepest forward corp in the league!

I wholeheartedly agree.

Most of the talk from yesterdays shocker surrounded that of the Kassian trade, but I think the Pahlsson acquisition could put Vancouver right back in contention.

Right back in contention?

When did we leave contention?
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby Meds » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Sticky wrote:Tonight is "next time" for Bieksa and Hanzal, is it not?...


Very good point. Although someone told me after last game that it was Klesla.....either way, Juice will tune him.

How much must it suck to play for the Coyotes. You make a good defensive play, transition it into an odd-man rush that ends with a crazy good scoring chance, and after it fails and Schneider makes two saves and Kesler turns the other way the crowd erupts cheering the defensive stop. Then you make a nice offensive zone play early in the second period that results in one, two, and three chances right in front of the visiting team's goalie, next you hear cheering and it's because the goalie robbed you. At some point you will realize that you actually are playing in your home rink, but then you look around and see that more than half the fans are there to cheer for the visiting team, understandable when it is an original 6 franchise, but any of the other 24 teams? Ouch. I can't figure out why Doan wants to stay when he would get the same, or better, money somewhere else.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby Aaronp18 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 pm

mathonwy wrote:Right back in contention?

When did we leave contention?


Bout 2-3 hours yesterday while everyone digested the moves.

:wink:
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby Meds » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 pm

mathonwy wrote:
Most of the talk from yesterdays shocker surrounded that of the Kassian trade, but I think the Pahlsson acquisition could put Vancouver right back in contention.

Right back in contention?

When did we leave contention?


When Aaron Rome became our #5 dman. :drink:
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby Meds » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Rough period for Tanev. Turnover at the blueline that lead to a Phoenix rush. Beat by Torres on an race for the icing call, then he trips Doan immediately after as the Coyotes go to the attack and heads to the box.

But apparently this is his first trip to the penalty box in his NHL career. That's actually very impressive when you consider how many times he has played with and had to cover for Rome.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby Meds » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Kassian impressing. Granted it's his first game and it seems that most players have great debuts, but he has set up 2 great point shot opportunities, battled hard on the wall to free the puck and keep the pressure on, gone to the net hard, thrown hits. Pretty much delivered what we hoped. Now just got robbed by Smith.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3336
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:50 pm

You can tell right away that Kassian sees the ice a thousand times better than Booth, which might explain why Kassian replaced David 'Zero Hockey Sense' Booth on Keslers line toward the end of the 2nd period. If I was David 'Turnover the Puck to the Opposing Team' Booth I'd feel a little threatened by this Kassian fella.

Impressed with Kassian's on ice vision and playing with his head up instead of buried in the ice like David 'I can't pass' Booth.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4497
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby donlever » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:57 pm

My old pal Royal "still beating dead horses" Dude is keeping on keeping on.

:-p
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby Jovocop » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Meds wrote:
Sticky wrote:Tonight is "next time" for Bieksa and Hanzal, is it not?...


Very good point. Although someone told me after last game that it was Klesla.....either way, Juice will tune him.

How much must it suck to play for the Coyotes. You make a good defensive play, transition it into an odd-man rush that ends with a crazy good scoring chance, and after it fails and Schneider makes two saves and Kesler turns the other way the crowd erupts cheering the defensive stop. Then you make a nice offensive zone play early in the second period that results in one, two, and three chances right in front of the visiting team's goalie, next you hear cheering and it's because the goalie robbed you. At some point you will realize that you actually are playing in your home rink, but then you look around and see that more than half the fans are there to cheer for the visiting team, understandable when it is an original 6 franchise, but any of the other 24 teams? Ouch. I can't figure out why Doan wants to stay when he would get the same, or better, money somewhere else.


Yes, I am 100% sure that it was Klesla.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1737
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Postby spooner » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Hey maybe this one will go to overtime. We haven't got to see much of that recently.
User avatar
spooner
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest