GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: 2/28 - Canucks @ Yotes - 6pm SNet

Post by TDA Rum »

It has only been a couple of shifts but Kassian looks like he has some game....soft hands, decent skater...
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

Tonight is "next time" for Bieksa and Hanzal, is it not?...
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Good first period for both of the new guys.

Its nice to have another player that can outmuscle the opposition (first one being Booth).
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Aaronp18 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote: Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian
Say what you will about the trades yesterday but that is the deepest forward corp in the league!
I wholeheartedly agree.

Most of the talk from yesterdays shocker surrounded that of the Kassian trade, but I think the Pahlsson acquisition could put Vancouver right back in contention.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Ginger has some outstanding leg strength.

I think I'm going to get a Cory Schneider T-Shirt.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote: Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian
Say what you will about the trades yesterday but that is the deepest forward corp in the league!
I wholeheartedly agree.

Most of the talk from yesterdays shocker surrounded that of the Kassian trade, but I think the Pahlsson acquisition could put Vancouver right back in contention.
Right back in contention?

When did we leave contention?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Sticky wrote:Tonight is "next time" for Bieksa and Hanzal, is it not?...
Very good point. Although someone told me after last game that it was Klesla.....either way, Juice will tune him.

How much must it suck to play for the Coyotes. You make a good defensive play, transition it into an odd-man rush that ends with a crazy good scoring chance, and after it fails and Schneider makes two saves and Kesler turns the other way the crowd erupts cheering the defensive stop. Then you make a nice offensive zone play early in the second period that results in one, two, and three chances right in front of the visiting team's goalie, next you hear cheering and it's because the goalie robbed you. At some point you will realize that you actually are playing in your home rink, but then you look around and see that more than half the fans are there to cheer for the visiting team, understandable when it is an original 6 franchise, but any of the other 24 teams? Ouch. I can't figure out why Doan wants to stay when he would get the same, or better, money somewhere else.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

mathonwy wrote: Right back in contention?

Bout 2-3 hours yesterday while everyone digested the moves.

:wink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

mathonwy wrote:
Right back in contention?

When Aaron Rome became our #5 dman. :drink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rough period for Tanev. Turnover at the blueline that lead to a Phoenix rush. Beat by Torres on an race for the icing call, then he trips Doan immediately after as the Coyotes go to the attack and heads to the box.

But apparently this is his first trip to the penalty box in his NHL career. That's actually very impressive when you consider how many times he has played with and had to cover for Rome.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Kassian impressing. Granted it's his first game and it seems that most players have great debuts, but he has set up 2 great point shot opportunities, battled hard on the wall to free the puck and keep the pressure on, gone to the net hard, thrown hits. Pretty much delivered what we hoped. Now just got robbed by Smith.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You can tell right away that Kassian sees the ice a thousand times better than Booth, which might explain why Kassian replaced David 'Zero Hockey Sense' Booth on Keslers line toward the end of the 2nd period. If I was David 'Turnover the Puck to the Opposing Team' Booth I'd feel a little threatened by this Kassian fella.

Impressed with Kassian's on ice vision and playing with his head up instead of buried in the ice like David 'I can't pass' Booth.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

My old pal Royal "still beating dead horses" Dude is keeping on keeping on.

:-p
DeLevering since 1999.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote:
Sticky wrote:Tonight is "next time" for Bieksa and Hanzal, is it not?...
Very good point. Although someone told me after last game that it was Klesla.....either way, Juice will tune him.

How much must it suck to play for the Coyotes. You make a good defensive play, transition it into an odd-man rush that ends with a crazy good scoring chance, and after it fails and Schneider makes two saves and Kesler turns the other way the crowd erupts cheering the defensive stop. Then you make a nice offensive zone play early in the second period that results in one, two, and three chances right in front of the visiting team's goalie, next you hear cheering and it's because the goalie robbed you. At some point you will realize that you actually are playing in your home rink, but then you look around and see that more than half the fans are there to cheer for the visiting team, understandable when it is an original 6 franchise, but any of the other 24 teams? Ouch. I can't figure out why Doan wants to stay when he would get the same, or better, money somewhere else.
Yes, I am 100% sure that it was Klesla.
spooner
CC Veteran

Post by spooner »

Hey maybe this one will go to overtime. We haven't got to see much of that recently.